Do you believe in a Rapture before Judgment Day?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 12 years ago

Do you believe in a Rapture before Judgment Day?

The Rapture and Judgment Day differs in origin.1Thess 4 v 13-17...refer to JUDGMENT DAY and the 6th and the 7th time span and events of the 7 seals.
    1 Cor 15 v 50-54....also refer to JUDGMENT DAY.
    Matt 24 v 40,41...ONE SHALL BE TAKEN and the other SHALL BE LEFT refer to ONE GOING TO HEAVEN and the other GOING TO HELL...also refer to JUDGMENT DAY
    The title Rapture should not be use ,because it will cause the unaware to be MISLED.It is a made-up title that have cause many to take a wrong turn in seeking and knowing about JUDGMENT DAY.
    Have you FALLEN for a NONE EXISTENT made-up  so-call Rapture?

2. kwade tweeling profile image82
    kwade tweelingposted 12 years ago

No. I don't believe in a "Judgement Day" either.

3. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 12 years ago

jack,
    i don't believe in either the rapture or judgement day.  if god exists and he is a merciful god, how can he doom a whole segment of believers without giving them the opportunity to repent?  on judgement day, how does that god condemn souls to eternity in hell?  eternity is a long time.  what kinds of sins yield a sentence that long?

4. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 12 years ago

yes smile
    I certainly do, the Lord will get those who are His

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 12 years ago

In Islamic Belief ... we firmly Believe, in an eventful Period, with distinct Signs of the "Judgment Day's" ... Immanence

This Period, with many Signs, shall Culminate, in the Second Coming of Jesus, the Christ. Peace be upon him.

I therefore, understand the Biblical term, Rapture, as meaning, the Period, preceding, but also Including, the Judgment Day.

6. HSanAlim profile image60
    HSanAlimposted 12 years ago

What I am confused about is this.

If only 3 - 5% of the world's population was to be Raptured and have an eternal life but much more than that is of the Christian religion what does that mean.

Does that mean all the people who said they accepted Christ as their Savior have been betrayed?  I never heard a sermon in which the pastor, as he exhorted the congregation to step forward and proclaim their belief, mention that if they were lucky they might make the A team and be among the 5% to live forever in heaven with God.

Something smells like fish - pardon the connection to the symbol of Christianity but really, don't Christians know math?

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

seriously, it's all a myth and i honestly believe even most religious people understand this.

8. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5065392_f260.jpg

Short answer = no
    But it does make you think 'what if?"

Read a comic book yesterday called "Pride & Prejudice, & Zombies" - where life continues in a new normal.

I did a Hub on the 'new normal' wehre people use the lobotomized zombies as slaves instead of killing them outright.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Zombies-After-the-Rapture

9. profile image56
    ruffridyerposted 12 years ago

I believe the rapture is a misinterpetation of several bible verses.  When Jesus returns in glory the rightious will meet him in the air,,i,e, be lifted up.  Filled with his spirit and glory.  Then  they will return to earth with him to subdue all kingdoms under his feet.

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

The rapture is most often thought of in the sense of being a pre tribulation event.  The tribulation is of a duration of seven years, and starts with the "in place of Christ" signing a seven year peace treaty between Israel and the rest of the entire world - those seven years are to be the worst seven years in human history.  I'd rather be "raptured."

11. profile image0
    James E.posted 12 years ago

I believe something or "God(s)" created the Universe and and everything within it.  I don't think we can even comprehend what that looks like and just because a book or a man speaking the word of God says so...doesn't make it so.  IMO, sometimes the unknown is important to remain unknown.  We, as a society don't need to know the reasons how the universe was created, the origin or reemergence of any "God(s), or what happens after we die.  All of that to me is pointless because people should live their lives today respectfully and honestly without leaning on any religion because history has clearly dictated the religion is a top reason why wars have been fought!

12. chasemillis profile image69
    chasemillisposted 12 years ago

No, the rapture is never actually mentioned in scripture, so I see no reason to believe it

13. rob_allen profile image70
    rob_allenposted 12 years ago

No, why would I believe in judgment day and rupture? Everyday is a blessing. no one can ever say when this world will end.

14. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 12 years ago

Anyone who has been touched by God, knows that rapture and tribulation is a myth. By knowing God's infinite goodness and love you can know the higher truths that supersedes anything written in the bible or other holy books.

Many will not accept this beautiful and joyful message because this is too Good to be true. They cannot believe that God is this Good. Some prefer to see a God that is not this good.

Jesus revealed in many parables that God is too Good for many to accept. In the parable of the Prodigal son and in the workers in vineyard. Jesus showed that the well-behaved son was not happy with his father when his prodigal brother was restored to  full dignity. The workers in the vineyard who got a day's wage as promised were not happy to hear that those who worked only a few hours also got a full day's wage.

Those who promote this rapture and tribulation are not happy to see others who they feel are not worthy as them to get away without God's punishment. They don't like a God that is not judgmental.  So they promote the fear of God with rapture, tribulation, Judgement day and so forth.

Hopefully you can see a far more magnificent, wonderful and loving God. Fear not, because you are always dear to Him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)