Do you believe that abortion is murder or is it just a choice?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Precious Pearl profile image76
    Precious Pearlposted 14 years ago

Do you believe that abortion is murder or is it just a choice?

2. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 14 years ago

I belive it could be both.

Abortion is usually unwanted,and murder is usually a choice.

If ,you know beforehand that you were going to get pregnent  and have an abortion that, might be considered murder by the standard for murder concerning premeditation.Wheather or not it's considered murder of a person is another matter.

It is certainly shows disrepect for human life

3. lkeipp profile image59
    lkeippposted 14 years ago

By law, a living person is one who can sustain life outside the womb.  That's usually 24 weeks or later.

Even the bible makes it clear what is a human and what is not - and an early pregnancy is not.

It is a choice- not an easy choice, but still a choice.

4. advisor4qb profile image75
    advisor4qbposted 14 years ago

I thought that abortion was a choice until I got pregnant.  Funny, it's like parenting in that it is easy to tell someone else how they should be living their lives and parenting their children until we have one of our own.  Then, all of a sudden, you understand.

My daughter's father wanted me to get an abortion.  I am so glad that I did not do what he wanted when I look at her today.  He is not involved in her life, which I praise the Lord for every day.  She is one of the most beautiful things in my life.  I can't imagine ever having had the audacity to kill her.

I also saw a picture in a hub by James Watkins that showed a very graphic picture of a decapitated fetus that is still embedded in my brain.

I don't think that any mother with a beating heart that knew what would happen to her child could do that.  I think that many of these girls don't realize the implications of what an abortion actually is until they get it done and have long recovered from their end of the pain.  Too bad those babies never get to be born.  There are families that would love to have a baby brought into their lives. 

I don't think that abortion should be an option.  A baby is a baby, no matter what the cause.  The baby is alive, and I believe a fetus has thoughts, feelings, fears, and feels physical pain. 

It is sickening the way some women choose to use abortion as a method of birth control.  Birth control should be taught earlier and access to prevention of pregnancy should be made easily available to women and even young girls.  Prevention is one thing, murdering your baby is quite another.  And some of these women suffer later on when the realization of what they did hits them.

5. rsmallory profile image67
    rsmalloryposted 14 years ago

I believe life is a gift and the choice is to risk getting pregnant in the first place. I am against abortion except in the case of rape or incest or physical harm to the mother.

6. Born Again 05 profile image78
    Born Again 05posted 14 years ago

advisor4qb says it all. Bless you for sharing. I consider life to begin at the moment of conception. If the fertile egg is left to it's natural path it will certainly develop into a human being.  The taking of a life is murder. Why should abortion be allowed to be used as birth control? Why not educate people in the use of birth control and abstaining from sex until after marriage? The "choice" should be made prior to having sexual activity. Prevention is a much better option than killing innocent life.

7. profile image0
    Tank4uposted 14 years ago

Being a Christian I fundamentally believe that Abortion is wrong as long as free will was involved in the process; however in such cases as incest and rape, I feel the woman has the right to decide for herself.

8. Wealthmadehealthy profile image61
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 14 years ago

Unfortunately, irregardless of what society deems, I do believe it is murder.  It is a life that God gave to whomever He gave it to, no matter how it was conceived and it is only Gods right to take it away.  I have no other choice in my answer due to my beliefs as a Bible based Christian, even though fornication is deemed a sin, it is still not our right to deny a life that God created.

9. profile image58
    Jane Taxpayerposted 14 years ago

This may sound kind of odd, but please hear me out on this one.

I believe that abortion should me limited to cases of rape and if giving birth could do serious harm to the child or mother, such as the case of the nine year old in Brazil, who was chastised by the Pope Benedict XVI, after being raped and having an abortion. When the pope publicly chastises a nine-year old girl (from a Catholic home), that can have serious effects on the girls mental well-being. My heart goes out to that little girl, who made an extremely difficult choice.

For the most part, I believe that a woman has the right to do to her own body as she pleases, but with all rights comes responsibility. If a woman has the right to have sex she has to be responsible for the consequences of those actions. There are many effective forms of birth control. Much more effective than condoms and "the pill." If you choose not to use these products (which is, of course, every women's right) than the potential consequence is pregnancy.

However, in such cases as rape, a woman did not choose. her rights were infringed upon, and thusly should not be held liable for her actions.

That being said, there are many women who have been raped, and continued to the raise their child if they became pregnant. My heart does go out to them since not only did they go through an extremely traumatic experience, but accepted the consequences for someone else's actions that were forced on them.

That's my two cents... hope it helps.

10. shirleybill profile image57
    shirleybillposted 14 years ago

Abortion, plain and simply, could be avoided. I don't think it is much of a choice, since there are families, right now, that are willing to take babies into their homes, and raise them as their own children.

11. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Its not a choice its murder, except; for rape, incest(rape) or where the life of the mother is determined to be at risk by an authorized medical authority.

We can't let a criminal die who has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt and has exhausted a lengthy appeals process. We can offer a potential mother the right to decide if a innocent person dies or not, WHAT!? Now only a liberal could come up with that plan.

If you aren't responsible enough to handle what comes from sex, you aren't responsible enough to have sex, period. Peace.

12. BJC profile image68
    BJCposted 14 years ago

Murder.  The choice comes into play when we choose to have sex with someone.  After that, if the woman conceives, then the baby only needs the same two components to survive that you and I need – air and food – these are supplied via the mother.  Great hub.

13. Ladybythelake55 profile image61
    Ladybythelake55posted 14 years ago

Abortion is not a choice it is murder - true and simple. My friend and I use to having a saying, "If you are older enough to play you are old enough to pay the price of your follies.  My sister had an abortion and afterwards she came down with unexplainable mental illness and depression and tried suicide after she had one in 1977 and my oldlest sister had two and she came down with ovarian cancer dule to it. There are dire risks to having an abortion on demand. Now if the abortion is for medical reasons, or rape or incest one must use their consciences and learn to live with it.

14. atomswifey profile image56
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

Murder.
    Abortion is a multi billion dollar baby killing industry fed by certain womens groups, fueled by greed and hate and propelled through all those "politically correct, but certainly not morally correct" activists, lobbyist and politicians bent on destroying the family unit and misinforming the naive and feeble minded young women they target, so as to make them believe that they doing the right thing in "aborting" the "fetus" rather than telling them the truth that they are CHOOSING to "legally" KILL their BABY,  and oh how wrong that is, and all of this so that they can line their pockets with tax payer money! Plain and simple.
    I just call it as I see it. smile

15. turguman profile image60
    turgumanposted 14 years ago

if you knew that your father & mother wanted to get rid of you will you accept it?

16. carmen2089 profile image57
    carmen2089posted 14 years ago

I do believe abortion is murder. Have protected sex or don't have sex at all and you won't become pregnant. I wouldn't except the fact that my parents at one point wanted to get rid of me because i didn't ask to be concieived. Everyone is entitled to their own choice's but that is one i just couldn't see myself going through with. Their are other options like adoption.

17. Bibowen profile image87
    Bibowenposted 14 years ago

"Choice" is just a euphemism. The child is either alive or it is not. if it is alive, then that child enjoys the full protection of the law from those that would seek to kill her. Based on the advances in medicine today, no doctor is going to say that what a woman is carrying in her womb is a "choice" unless they are akin to the same doctors that bled George Washington in order to cure him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)