Ideas for posting at MySpace and other social networks

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 16 years ago

I'm wondering who uses MySpace or other sites to promote your Hubs? And what is the best way to go about doing that?
    I got some success by sharing my hubs with friends the last couple days by email- but I'd really like to build a nice strong network and somehow tie it all together with my hubs here, at MySpace and some other sites I go to.
    Advice anyone?
    Thanks!

2. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

I like to sprinkle it around. I try and avoid using each and every site to unload all my links.

I'm also cautious to write original blurbs for each description. If a person were to copy and paste their intro and use it each and every time then it wouldn't take much for a search engine to "realise" it's the same person linking to their webpage.

I've been putting in as much effort into creating my backlinks as I am with the actual hubs. Though it doesn't take as much time, because it's considerably shorter in length, but the emphasis is on quality.

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 16 years agoin reply to this

So when you make your article description it's best for it to be different every time? I thought it would be better to make it consistent but if that's not the case then I'll make them different-

1. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

While you may only be using a part of your hub for posting somewhere else, it will be identical, therefore duplicate.

There's a good change a Search Engine will think "nah, I've seen this before, don't need it" and it won't index it or won't dish it up if people are searching for a specific keyword/s.

Writing something new and fresh, or in the very least "rejigging" or summarising your introduction will mean you get an extra shot at making a worthwhile presence in the search engine results.

3. Susan Ng profile image82
    Susan Ngposted 16 years ago

Where is the best place to put the links in a myspace profile?  I put mine at the end of the Interests table with the heading My Articles On Hubpages. Is that a bad idea? hmm

4. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

This is a good question.  I am still lost in how to promote my hubs.  I have read a lot of tips about social bookmarking sites and all but when I am actually there, I get lost.  Soweee for being so dumb dumb about this stuff.  but we need HEEELPPPP!!!!

5. profile image0
    ysdataposted 16 years ago

You can also use the "myspace" group, forums, and bulletin feature too.

1. Flashfire profile image59
      Flashfireposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It seems as though it would be best, atleast on facebook, to promote your hubs on group discussion boards. Many of these boards require you to first join.  This ensures you are targeting the appropriate audience.

6. spuds profile image60
    spudsposted 16 years ago

Make some blog posts on MySpace and include links to your hub in those.

7. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

I've found that putting a URL on your "Wall" in Facebook results in it grabbing your first image and also the introduction of your hub. It looks fantastic.

I won't be using it on anyone elses wall. Just my own.

8. Susan Ng profile image82

Sorry for being "reverse" topic, but are we allowed to put a link to myspace on our hubpages profile? :p

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure that is okay. I have linked to most of my other sites online in my profile.

9. Susan Ng profile image82

Thanks, Uninvited Writer.  I'll do it one of these days. smile

10. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 16 years ago

Stumbleupon works well for me in terms of getting a sudden traffic boost but it tends to fall away fairly quickly.  However, I'm not convinced that Stumbleupon produces quality traffic where visitors actually click on Ads. 

The best links I have got are when someone I don't know includes my page links in a blog.  In other words it is back to the old mantra 'Content is King'.  If the content is good enough and the search engines can find it, then the visitors will come.

11. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 16 years ago

Alot of places such as Myspace,Bebo, Yuwie and Stumbleupon to name a few include blogs, so you could write an alternate version of whatever your hub contents are or do a 3 - 5 sentence summary here and there with a link going back to your hubs.

I've found blogs to be particularly useful for building traffic over time, keyword research plays a large part at first and then it just takes some optimization here and there too, like darkside said duplicate content is not good anywhere on the web.

If you can be bothered article marketing is also worth a go, especially if you are able to write useful information on a topic that does generate interest.

Whatever site or profile page you have, it is generally considered that targeted links above the fold do well ( the top half of any web page), but also deep linking content links also do pretty well in blogs and some websites that are and have to be content driven.

Social networks are great for building communities of like minded people, places where groups can gather and network, it should not all be about forcing your links out there, but rather just sharing when the need arises.

12. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 16 years ago

I wonder if Second Life (SL) might be an up and coming possibility - it is free to join and you can add a lot of details to your profile including URLs.  Everywhere you go in Second life people can click on your Avatar and see the full profile.  I'm new to SL (see my Hub) but think it may offer new opportunities for social networking and linking.

In theory you could place links in public places, written on objects you leave lying around.  Formal advertising on billboards etc. costs Linden $ so that wouldn't be realistic!

13. profile image0
    daflaposted 16 years ago

As far as sharing through email is concerned, I try to take a particular hub and copy and paste it to an email, and send it out, with a link to my profile, where they can find all my hubs.  Of course, I only send it to people who are interested in that topic. 

I've found that posting links on forums where I've been a member awhile has been the most productive.  I don't get any traffic from my MySpace pages, because I actually don't spend a lot of time there.  I get most of my traffic from here and from Google.

I do get some traffic from my Google Pages accounts, where I've put links to my hubs, and my Blogger account.  I don't know exactly why, but my Google accounts do me a lot better than my other Web 2.0 sites.  I guess it's because Google loves Google, and linking from one Google account to another and then to here makes them happy.

It's Google Love 101.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)