How Important is Sex In your relationship?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. romeosuave profile image60
    romeosuaveposted 14 years ago

How Important is Sex In your relationship?

What if your partner Feels Completely different>

2. profile image0
    Olivviatposted 14 years ago

Sex isn't that important in a relationship for me. I personally would never have sex with someone i didn't love. So for me sex shows the trust and love status i have for my partner in the relationship. if my partner felt different i would inform them how i felt in the matter and let them know if they respected that then, with that out of the way we could work on building the relationship on another level.

3. Jennitasia profile image60
    Jennitasiaposted 14 years ago

Sex in my marriage is very important! Although, we have four children, we rarely get to value this time, but when we do; it is a very important event! Sex to us, is a time that we can show each other affection of love to each other, without words. We can give each other the needs in a physical way that really helps secure our relationship. I know that sex has been made out to be a very dirty thing, but can be very beautiful. Many people can relieve built up stress with having sex with their partners. In my relationship sex is very important, because it shows a dedication to my partner and to me!

4. FirstStepsFitness profile image56
    FirstStepsFitnessposted 14 years ago

Relationships ebb and flow like waters through a stream . Sometimes pressingly important ....at times the very last thing on the agenda !

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

Sex is not important unless that is all you base your relationships on.  Your prime reason and focus is always what's "important"  if you relationship is built and based on valuable variety there isn't going to be one "thing" that's important

6. edguider profile image65
    edguiderposted 14 years ago

How from a newbie!! I am actually lacking in this department because both my wife and I work all day so it is hard to get any sexual desire at the end of the day.The hard part is keeping that sexual spark alive. If not getting sex at least 4 times a month then something needs to be fixed. I am at about 5 I believe sad

7. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 14 years ago

I have ended relationships where there was not sexual compatibility.  Sex is very important.  If he's totally into some strange kinky things that I don't like it affects the rest of my relationship with him. This is because I want an intimate and satisfying private life with a partner.

8. nikkiflamel profile image61
    nikkiflamelposted 14 years ago

Well I would say sex is important to most people, especially in relationships. When you have to do without, especially for a long time, it can be ...difficult.

Early in our marriage, my wife had a miscarriage. After that her "parts" never worked well. She was never...ever in the mood, and I'm not the type to force her, or guilt her into sex. I want to be with someone who *wants* to be with me. So our sex life sputtered to a stop. We've been married over 13 years, and we've maybe had sex 5 times in the last 5 years. None at all in the last 2 and half.

Sometimes it upsets me. Sometimes a lot. Sometimes I get mad, but I try not to show it. But I love her so much. I try not to think about it. We still love each other, laugh, snuggle and rely on each other. She's the one I love to tell bad jokes to, watch movies with, watch a sunset with, live with. She's my life and my love.

So how important is sex? I guess that depends on how much you love a person. With enough love I guess you can overcome anything.

9. dotty1 profile image58
    dotty1posted 13 years ago

I do feel it is very important.... it gives you that intimacy and closeness you dont have with anyone else, it shows the other you desire them and well ooooooooo its just fab isnt it???.. It is hard matching expectations of your partner if you have different drives, but if you love them as long as there is give and take then happy days... It would be hideous if your partner had completely different ideas and perhaps could lead to cheating etc hmmmmmmmmmm humans aint easy are they :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)