CAN YOU REALLY FIND LOVE ONLINE OR IS IT ALL A GAME?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. mrwarren313 profile image57
    mrwarren313posted 14 years ago

CAN YOU REALLY FIND LOVE ONLINE OR IS IT ALL A GAME?

Why is it that everytime you tell family members or friends that you met someone online the first thing they say is "oh boy!"? Yes it's true that some bad things have happened to people online but they are really no different thing things that have happened to people in dating places. The fact of the matter is to say that there are only weirdos, perverts and murderers online in unfair unless we include ourselves. I believe you have to be careful where ever you date or meet someone even in church. Annd yes I believe love can be found anywhere people can be found......even online.

2. profile image0
    Kandaswamyposted 14 years ago

hmmm..... u are right.... it depends.... sometimes u can be lucky enuf to get ur love thru net... But dont ever believe in Online love affairs.... Ma Friend used to temme that " Dont eva Believe wat u cant see wid ur eyes...!!!!" Likewise.... Online dating is not good...coz... first of all its difficult to understand the feelin of one without seeing dem... they can mis lead u with golden words...and craps.... it can all happen....

think before u proceed... Its ur future... And sometimes u can be lucky too... right?? smile

3. Dark knight rides profile image59
    Dark knight ridesposted 14 years ago

You can find love anywhere, even online. Yes, you certainly have to be careful but no more so than you should be anywhere else. I've had several friends who made a connection and things worked great. And I've seen it go the opposite way.
    The danger is that its easy to be someone your not, when your online. It can be much harder to fake somethings in person than over a network. But using a little caution and common sense, you can find love.

4. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I guarantee you can find love on line, but as for how long it will last - your guess is as good as mine.

Good luck.

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

Who knows.....can you find love period?  I dont believe there is a set place to find love.  It's a matter of meeting someone special and making something grand of the relationship that you form with them!  You can meet weidos and pervs everywhere.  The first perv I was exposed to was my boss (Micheal Cetera) I was 16 working for (DEP) on worth street.  I wasn't looking for a date neither was I even thinking about having or engadging in sex.  Pervs and pedophiles operate outside of cyberspace as well.  Even though you are speaking about dating on line, these characters interact as well as sit in very high places.  So you meet someone on or offline and they are a pyscho.....Absoultely nothing outside of nature is written in stone or follows a precise format.
    Vonda G. Nelson

6. Lovina57 profile image60
    Lovina57posted 14 years ago

I'd say yes, definitely. Personally i think you can get to know someone much better online, because there's so many things in real  life dating that can stop you from having a real, solid conversation, whereas online, all you can do is talk. In a way, I think its much easier to be honest over chat as well. No pressure of 'what will he think if i say this...' Plus you're free from all the pressures of 'does he expect me to sleep with him now..'

7. Mr Nice profile image76
    Mr Niceposted 13 years ago

I believe your chances of finding love are thousands time increased with the Internet access.
    Now the whole world is just some clicks away, therefore your chances of finding love are brighter than before but they say....

~ Those that go searching for love, only manifest their own lovelessness. And the loveless never find love, only the loving find love. And they never have to seek for it. ~ H. Lawrence

~ Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you. ~ Loretta Young

8. LeeWalls profile image61
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

I don't believe it at all. It's easy to tell anyone whatever you want; especially if you're trying to impress them, after all you're behind a monitor and the person isn't looking at you, but that may not be the truth. If you're entertaining that or are involved in that be careful you're not one more statistic that someone ripped off or dropped like a bad habit.

I've heard people put a picture of themselves when they were younger or worse that's not even them.

9. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Both.  But there are instances of developing real love online.   You can try.  But be cautious before any involvement

10. cherrycrime26 profile image71
    cherrycrime26posted 12 years ago

I know two couples who are married right now thanks to match . com, but dating online can be more deceiving.

11. Jynzly profile image63
    Jynzlyposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6741152_f260.jpg

My answer  is yes. My husband and I found each other online but we were not lovers before we met in person by which he traveled the world for the first time, from the U.S. to the Philippines. We were merely friends as in conversation level. I consider him one of God's special gift to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)