Why Do Wives Hide Money From Their Husbands?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

Why Do Wives Hide Money From Their Husbands?

2. profile image0
    dracaslairposted 13 years ago

well i hid money from my ex hubby because if i didnt my kids and i would starve.my ex would blow the hole check before paying for anything.then told me my job was to buy food and clothes and such.

3. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

I think a lot of this depends on the quality of husband, and maybe on the quality of wife too. I can say that with my first husband, he had a tendency of spending every penny or of hassling me whenever any money went out of the account that he hadn't specifically approved, even if it was just for groceries. I knew it was a bad relationship that was steadily getting worse, so I started finding ways of earning money that he didn't know about, was less-than-truthful about exactly how much I made with earnings he did know about, and frittered away $20-$50 every month in a bank account that he didn't know about with the statements set to e-mail only so he could never find out about it. When the last straw finally came, I didn't have to stay in that situation or go begging to family members, I was able to take my money and get out immediately.

With my current husband, as long as the bills are paid he doesn't care what I do with my money, and I've never been in a habit of wasting money so I just put everything in a savings account in our primary banking institution. He knows the money is there, even has the online banking password, but is respectful and never touches anything that's in that savings account, so I don't feel the need to hide anything from him. At one point I considered it because he's not good at managing money and we're trying to save up for the down payment on a house, so with my previous experience I was afraid that he'd try to take the money away from me or continually ask me for the money to spend on something else. Once he proved that he understood the boundaries between a checking account and savings account, I decided it was unnecessary to hide anything.

4. tjhooper profile image60
    tjhooperposted 13 years ago

sometimes men get out of control with spending and they don't think about the future. Wives take a little stand and decide to save a couple dollars for other emergencies. Men may be mad if they find out, but they will be thankful when they run out of money and their wives pull out the rainy day funds they never knew about

5. rhode profile image59
    rhodeposted 13 years ago

Because they always used for stupid things....

6. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 13 years ago

I think the wives does not believe to husband or the wife is miser.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)