How can I stop procrastinating?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 13 years ago

How can I stop procrastinating?

really. I procrastinate with nearly everything....tips? smile

2. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 13 years ago

Is it procrastination or is it deep thought? You can't confuse the two because if you do you may lose the chance for a discovery you may never come upon again. Lazy people are not lazy they are simply busy over thinking how to approach matters !

Or if you really do feel it is procrastination then you need to set goals for accomplishments. For example I'm going to write one hub every 3 days for a year. Now you know what you want to achieve then you can plan accordingly to accomplish that goal thus no longer procrastinating.

3. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 13 years ago

No, it is definitely procrastinating. It's more like: I have 8 things to do, but instead why don't I clean out my closet....hey I can make something out of that....ok, done....now I need to wash those clothes....and yeah, I'd love to cook dinner.

I will do EVERYTHING before homework. I like put up a mental block & then once I do it, it wasn't that bad. I just put it off! I guess I am answering myself here. Thanks BenjaminB!

4. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

LOL..if you get a good answer to that let me know..am the worst procrastinator

5. Brummlin profile image59
    Brummlinposted 13 years ago

Lots of small tasks, lots of small breaks, big pots of coffee, and a reward of choice at the end?  I'm bad at it too, but that's how I can pull out of it.

6. Jaroslaw A profile image60
    Jaroslaw Aposted 13 years ago

Just don't think about what you have to do. Take action instead. Think about the reward you will get after completing specific task. Focus more on the goal/reward rather than the work/process of doing it.

7. FloBe profile image66
    FloBeposted 13 years ago

make procrastination work for you...make a list of all the things you need to do but really don't want to do...find something in that list you hate even more than you're avoiding now...try to do that thing and the thing you are avoiding will seem like a relief! On your mark, get set...I'll do it tomorrow! smile

8. rollingdufflebag profile image61
    rollingdufflebagposted 13 years ago

Hi Hanah,

Funny thing - you might be giving yourself a few insights here.

"not as bad as I expected"

Whtat were you imagining and picturing in your mind when your mind moved onto thinking about homework? If your expecting it to be "bad" then no wonder you put it off - that's very common, but so is credit card debt!

People who are successful are generall those who have learned to do the thingsthat others don't and delay gratification.

There are loads of way you can overcome this habit. But you might start by creating a "homework planning template" basically take some time out and plan the process of how you approach and complete homework - this sounds as boring as hell - but it will really help you clearthe mental fog that drives you to creative avoidance when you begin to think about maybe doinghomework.

The other thing is get used to really experiencing the moment of successfully completing your homework - each the clearer your mind is on these moments of satisfaction the keener it will be to get the job done.

Whene you imagine looking back 15 minutes after successfully complting that work you'd been putting off - what's the best bit of that for you?

RB.

RB.

9. Jamie Brock profile image92
    Jamie Brockposted 13 years ago

Oh my Gosh I am SO not qualified to answer this! I found this hub  though... seems to be pretty legit.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Stop-Pro … nd-for-All

Sounds good, hope it helps!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)