Can you control your dreams?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image0
    L a d y f a c eposted 13 years ago

Can you control your dreams?

2. Healing Touch profile image71
    Healing Touchposted 13 years ago

Ahh, I love dream interpretation as a person in the mental health field. I studied Carl Jung and many others in my masters program of psychology. 

Yes, we can control some of our dreams some of the time, but it takes work.  Early in my dream studies I learned that if we think hard before bed to remember our dreams and write our dreams down, we can teach ourselves to take more control within our dreams. 

I know soon after learning this, I had a horrible dream of trying to escape a really evil entity.  I in this dream, knew I was dreaming and I remembered while in my dream I could be in control.  I then became invisible to this entity and kept darting at the evil energy and prayed over it.  When I woke, I was amazed that I had tackled this dream and entity.

3. profile image52
    gwadmposted 13 years ago

Sure, with lucid dreaming. A lot of writers and directors lucid dream, which is how they come up with new ideas. You can do a few things to try to force your subconscious mind into lucid dreams while you are asleep.

1. Raise your hand and stare at it for a couple of seconds. Do this 10-20 times per day, when you can remember. Apparently, the hand in dreams looks very different from reality. if you continue to do this daily, it is more likely that you will raise your hand in your dreams, and when you know you are dreaming, you can alter your state.

2. Ask yourself, "Am I dreaming" 10-20 times per day. Against this is another hint for the subconscious mind to join in with the fun. When you can ask yourself this in a dream, and you truly are dreaming, just think of the fun your mind could conjure within.

Practice makes perfect with any method of learning. Good luck!

4. Jarn profile image60
    Jarnposted 13 years ago

No, but I can control other people's. You know everytime you dream that you're at work or school, and then suddenly you realize you're naked and everyone's laughing at you? That's me.

5. internett1t3 profile image61
    internett1t3posted 13 years ago

Techniques to control, or at least influence, our dreams have been shown to work in sleep experiments. We can strategize to dream about a particular subject, solve a problem or end a recurring nightmare. With practice we can also increase our chances of having a lucid dream, the sort of "dream within a dream" that Inception's characters regularly slip into.

The ability to influence other people's sleep worlds is still crude. But emerging technologies raise the prospect that, at the very least, we'll get an idea of what others are dreaming about in real time.

6. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 13 years ago

Yes I can control my dreams. There was a tyrant ruling my country sometime and I dreamt I was some kind of captain who led a team of heavenly soldiers to the tyrants villa and stripped him of his position by court marshall. I gave order to my next in command to deal with him as appropriate.

I woke up and told someone about it but did not say it was a dream made up by mine imagination on bed.

After a week there was an announcement on the radio that this tyrant died mysteriously, while some people carried the rumour that he died by eating a poisoned apple.

7. Goodpal profile image76
    Goodpalposted 13 years ago

Yes, if you develop your faculty of awareness. It can be done through the practice of mindfulness or mindfulness meditation. This trains you to be consciously aware of everything you feel, even in dream. So, when you have the conscious awareness that you are dreaming, while dreaming, you can sure initiate steps to influence it.
    This is the art of lucid dreaming.

You can also learn it by other means. Now you also have brainwave entrainment technique that can help induce lucid dreaming. My hub on this topic might help:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-Did-I-Manag … -By-Myself

8. profile image50
    robinhood143posted 12 years ago

If you can`t control on the dreams than you have to take a villas for rent in UK.For further information please visit http://www.sacharesorts.com/.They can provide you the full information about the Villas..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)