Do You Believe There Is Such A Thing As A Wasted Life? What Achievements Should

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

Do You Believe There Is Such A Thing As A Wasted Life? What Achievements Should One Accomplish In..

Life To Be Considered A Success?

2. bulalo profile image61
    bulaloposted 13 years ago

I believe that one should view success in life subjectively. What may I consider a success won't be by another person.

Each of us has different personalities, goals, experiences, and reactions to what happens around us.

If we look at it that way, there really is no wasted life.

For example, we may view a druggie as wasting his life but if his purpose in life is to get a shot at least once a day and he has accomplished that goal, then he will consider his life a success.

3. Mr. Happy profile image70
    Mr. Happyposted 13 years ago

In my opinon, if you just live to work at Wall-Mart (as a good example), to go home after your shift, drink a six-pack and watch some stupid, useless show on tv before passing out to do it all over again: that's a wasted life.
    Gotta be creative, be who you are! Strive to create, to advance, to learn, to love ... strive to be alive and not be a utensil for others' purpose! Have a purpose!
    (That's just a personal opinion though.)

4. AKdude profile image61
    AKdudeposted 13 years ago

A wasted life is one that is not lived to its fullest. It doesn't matter whether you work at Wal-Mart or are the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Are YOU living to you full potential?

5. Tati Irodova profile image65
    Tati Irodovaposted 13 years ago

whether life was wasted or not will be determined by every person individually. If I say abt someone his life was wasted, that's just a judgement, not even an opinion, For me personally, if I will regret not doing something and I knew I could have done more, then my life would be wasted. But that I can tell you in good 25-40 years.

6. fiksy02 profile image61
    fiksy02posted 13 years ago

only an individual can decide if his or her life is wasted. yes there is something like wasted life. You should accomplish all the achievement that would make you fulfilled even if it is not on a big scale. if you love to sing, if singing makes you happy then join a choir, you may not end up being a superstar but you would have lived your life doing what you loved to do.
    the troubles of life are so great that most of us are stuck in jobs we don't like but in this disaster we can find fulfilment. you are the only one that can determine if your life is wasted or fulfilled.

7. DellNixon profile image60
    DellNixonposted 13 years ago

I think & believe that almost everyone of us leads a life according to the framework created by the so called Society.  Passing a life this way, it may seem to someone that his or her life is wasted.
    "Be yourself, no matter what They say."

8. profile image0
    jasper420posted 13 years ago

you must learn from your mistakes set goals wich are reached to your standards search for answers and find yourself

9. Artjoy profile image60
    Artjoyposted 13 years ago

Well, I believe there can be such a thing, unfortunately.There cannot be no reason for one's life and if that person cannot discover what is the purpose of his/her life, then a life can be lived without any passion.
    And when I say passion, this is the burning desire and joy to life another day and to dream of the next adventure in on this beautiful Earth.
    Passion to achieve your dreams and passion to help other achieve theirs - that's the receipt, in my opinion to a purposeful life!

10. westonian profile image61
    westonianposted 13 years ago

To reject Jesus would be a wasted life. But worse than that would be to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and then not share Him with others.

11. profile image0
    CalLightmanposted 13 years ago

Life is wasted if:

1. If you learned very little in a life. Such as reaching 50 and still have a mindset of a teen boy/girl.

2. If you never loved anyone but yourself. You never loved anyone without expecting ANYTHING in return, not even to love you back.
    3. If you missed all opportunities to be a teacher and a mentor to someone less experienced.

12. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 13 years ago

Success is relative in terms of achieving it and how it is measured. We are not put here to compete against the next man to see who is better...that is a concept of mankind, not God. We are put here to better ourselves and grow. That is why we have the capability to do so. Our success is simply a measure of ourselves as a base. In that respect, I am not sure that there is truly a "wasted life" other than a life that falls short of someone's else's expectations other than you, the one living the life. For example, you might feel successful in that you studied in college and became a pharmacist while your father believes your life is wasted because you should have been a doctor. Success becomes relative in nature. In truth, a successful life is a happy life which is enjoyed and does no harm. What more could we ask of ourselves? WB

13. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 13 years ago

No, I don't think any life has been wasted.  Even among the worst examples I could think of, that person has been loved by someone.  In some way, at some time, they brought joy to another, gave one reason to ponder, to rethink, to take a stand, to speak out.........etc

Wasting our talent, and failing to become our best, can be done.  Sucess is relative, and I can't define it for anyone else.

14. Ms.Ruiz profile image60
    Ms.Ruizposted 13 years ago

Wasted life= Wasted time

There is such thing as a "wasted life",
    Once you start missing opportunitys and stop being productive. You can choose to continue school after high school or work for your entire life getting minimum wage. One can choose to advance in life or simply settle. Once you "settle" you're already wasting your life. Theres so much one can do, yet many times we sit around and let time pass us by. Days become months, months become years. Time catches up next thing you know 5 years have passed by and your still stuck in the same place, under the same roof, with not a single step ahead. If you decide to never take that step forward to better yourself & move away from your own comfort zone then your life is simply being wasted. You'll never get out, nor move any further. Life is all about choices & this is one critical to your life.

15. lulubell1798 profile image56
    lulubell1798posted 13 years ago

Your main achievement in life should be your religion. Your job is to get yourself and loved ones to heaven. By going though the sacraments, to prepaing your soul for death. Forget all the fancy stuff and go to church, pray daily, and help yourself out by getting a great education! Remember God is in you and always with you, ask him for help and pray for others. You will be surprised by how much your life has changed.

16. profile image0
    Yarightposted 13 years ago

In my opinion this is a stacked question with many answers that can be correct.

To answer the first question: A wasted life is nothing that is right now, or even in the future. A wasted life is past-tense meaning it already happened. Sure I believe in a waste of life/wasted life for those who commit murders and other violent crimes. But, who's to judge beyond that what a waste of life is? People judge themselves according to their self actualization (who you believe yourself to be). One could consider their life a waste due to a variety of circumstances such as if they haven't accomplished what they want.

To Answer the second question: According to society it seems you just need have money. You can do a variety of things to get money, thus being considered a success.

I hope this kind of helps.

17. dragonlady1967 profile image69
    dragonlady1967posted 13 years ago

A person only wastes their life if they spend it not doing what they love and are not enjoying life.  A person's success is not how much money they made or what accomplishments they achieved in their lifetime.  Success is sharing love, and knowing the people around you love you just as much.  Money and awards can't hug you, or wipe your tears when you cry.  They also don't tell you they love you everyday.

18. perfectperception profile image60
    perfectperceptionposted 13 years ago

I believe a wasted life is one where you do not attempt to accomplish anything.  What you should attempt to accomplish is whatever your heart most desires.  Only you know what you'd really like to be, have, or do.  It your self perception and the only perfect one is one that works for your personally.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)