How is it that Others who come in here into the Christian forums,

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. DaKingsKid profile image71
    DaKingsKidposted 13 years ago

How is it that Others who come in here into the Christian forums,

think they can tell us(Christians) that How and What we believe is wrong? I know that I can admit when I am wrong, and that I don't know somethings. Have they shared in any of the experiences that a majority of US, have had in experiencing God? Are they the one's who are a part of Your relationship with God? What I do see is a lot of hate directed toward people who Love what is good, and desire the best for there fellow man.. To know the True Living God....

2. Jason2917 profile image59
    Jason2917posted 13 years ago

I have to agree with you. It would be kind of silly to hop around to forums on other topics and rant about how much you hate that topic. People would just tell you to get lost.

C'est la vie.

3. Wealthmadehealthy profile image60
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 13 years ago

Ah...thus the challenge with "the world"   Many are blinded and deceived as to a relationship with God, and the churches are furthering the deception by not teaching the correct things. 

As you should be well aware, Satan roams about the earth seeking whom he may kill and destroy.  He does this in many ways, as he is a cunning creature.  He uses thoughts and easily controls some peoples minds, causing them to act in adverse manners towards others.  Any way he is able to cause problems is the way he will do this.  Do not be troubled over such people, they have no understanding of the true Word, nor do they live it. 

We are in the end times and will have to face such things.  Keep your eyes on God and do not let the deceptive and misguided behavior of non-believers upset you....this is one of the tools of satan.  keeping people upset.   Forgive them, for they know not what they do.....and  remember this...."My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"   

Blessings to you and yours....

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years ago

Don't let the venom from the enemy mess you up. Be mindful when you enter the forums that the devil is on the prowl seeking whom he may devour.

The whole idea of those who rant and rave is to get believers to engage emotionally with them...they think if we get emotional we will slip off of our love walk...then they will point their finger at you and try to get you to feel guilty..... Learn the game, be wise and please rest in the Lord.

I used to hang in the forums debating and sparing with those folks...ministering, sharing the Word until the Lord reminded me that Satan is the prince of the power of the air...we are on his turf when we are on the internet so, we should be more cognizant of being led by the Holy  Spirit when we are in those forums.

I rarely go into the forums now because it doesn't take long before confusion sets in....

It is a game for them because their minds are blinded by the enemy. Trust the Lord and be strategic about what you say and where you go.....

God Bless you

5. Beani profile image59
    Beaniposted 13 years ago

I think the majority of people who tell us what we believe is wrong is because they themselves probably used to be Chrisitian.  Then something happened along the way, either to them, or something they saw, that made them turn away from the religion.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

i don't tell people they are wrong about their beliefs but rather i debate about what they say is a fact . this planet is for everyone and it is everyones responsibility to let others know how we feel about things that effect our lives, and religion effects everyones lives, even an athiest's. i don't believe in god and i know that he doesn't exist but i still have to sit back and watch religions get tax breaks, listen to church bells on sunday mornings and see people who believe in a myth but not in their fellow man. a question was asked on here about what is the most important thing in your life and it blew my mind when a lot of christians chose god over family and country. no actually it blew my mind.

7. Mark Upshaw profile image59
    Mark Upshawposted 13 years ago

I find this question hilarious.  No disrespect intended.  Because, I have noticed that in every single forum on every single platform (ex. Facebook) Christians insist on outposting those in the witchcraft, occult, lucifer, satan, etc. forums/pages.  It seems that these people are always being attacked by Christians only on these pages and forums.   These people also believe that they want what is best for everyone, that they live with Love for humanity.

8. Blessitbe profile image60
    Blessitbeposted 13 years ago

They are just trying to hurt our feeling. If we stoop to their level then we are not any better than they are. Who will have their eyes opened at the end, them or us? Just pray for them.

9. Unchained Grace profile image60
    Unchained Graceposted 13 years ago

Essentially, don't sweat it. It is what it is. They will come as they did even while Jesus was here on Earth. To ridicule and to test. In either case, be the message. Treat them with courtesy despite what is being said or written.

10. mattmilamii profile image60
    mattmilamiiposted 13 years ago

Christians, the ones who truly make an effort to follow Christ, actively practice encouragement.  We do this with others in the faith, as well as those who might embrace the faith by our example.   Ours is a lifestyle that should promote peace and the spirit of unity.  Now ask yourself what is the motivation of anyone that intentionally sets out to cause dissention.  The promotion of strife always has a negative result.  The longer you look for what is wrong with anything, the longer it will take to find whatever might be right.  Exploitation only benefits the exploiter, and even if they win their case, a weaker foundation and a bigger problem is the result.  Looking for the good and encouraging the further building upon it is positive, and my preferred method.

11. eapratte profile image60
    eapratteposted 12 years ago

I understand why you are perturbed by people who question your religion, who question you, because I often feel the same way when people do it to me. But what perturbs me is not their questioning, it's how they question. It's always "Us" and "Them," "The Way," and "The Wayward." I see this diction in your question, and I am perturbed by it because I can relate to you, but I do not see you being able to relate to me since I seem to be a "Them" as I am not a part of your religion. Your wording makes me feel "Other" and that I am wrong because your religion is the only way to know "the True Living God." I think you have answered your own question why "Others" come and question you. No one likes to be segregated and made outcast, and that's why I believe you question them in return.

12. MrMaranatha profile image72
    MrMaranathaposted 12 years ago

In response to "nightwork4" Specifically...

First, make no mistake I do feel that you are entitled to you beliefs...

(Actually the Bible defends your beliefs in some ways...  its sort of a Philosophy regarding how the Gospel is supposed to spread and be received, not forced upon people as some others have done...)

But anyway you are fine in my eyes to believe what you like... But you said something in your post on here that makes sense...  You said you see Christians putting their God before their families and etc and that blows you away...

Its a sort of a tricky area that one is...  But given the right circumstances Christians do come out better for thier faith in the long run. 

Provided that their faith is not based in Pastor worship or in some fouled up theology that is not biblical.. there are some people... an they seem to be the loudest ones you will meet... Hypocrits... that usually seem to bring down their own families etc...  who will give you (The observer) the wrong impression of Both God, and the people who follow him...

13. MrMaranatha profile image72
    MrMaranathaposted 12 years ago

In response to Atheists specifically who do not understand why we as Christians continue to believe in what you feel is just a Myth... read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)