my cat was taken away......

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (32 posts)
  1. dawei888 profile image60
    dawei888posted 14 years ago

i look after a stray cat named princess. she was taken away by the next-door neighbor because he has an open-air restaurant and doesn't want her going in his place. my landlord does not allow pets. i don't want to move. i like this place. any advice on how to get her back? i'm in a bad way without my kitty!

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH NO, I know how much you love your cat.  sad  Does the neighbor have the cat inside his house now?  I'm confused.

dawei888posted 14 years agoin reply to this

supposidly one of his waitresses took the cat and gave it to one of her thai friends. the cat is supposed to be there now. they said they'd bring the cat back tomorrow. but, they want me to keep her in my room - and my landlord won't all that (unless i pay the guy 3x my current monthly rent! so, i'm in a quagmire. but, the guy nextdoor did agree to allow her on the premises til aug 31 which gives me time to find a new place where cats are accepted per sweetpie's suggestion...

2. usmanali81 profile image61
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

RULES ARE RULES

Either obey the LandLord or get your a** out of there ... alomg with your CAT.

1. profile image0

I'm always amazed by your touchy-feely side, usmanalia.  You really are in touch with your feminine side.

1. usmanali81 profile image61
          usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think i was not talking to you

2. Ambition profile image60
    Ambitionposted 14 years ago

do something similar against your next door neighbor and then compensate, its easy

i u read thru my hubs here u'll see i know how to get stuff up on google. i will never ruin another person's reputation online though - don't have it in me. just want the cat back. thanks.

3. candice5 profile image59
    candice5posted 14 years ago

I agree heartedly, with ambition, they took your property, take something of theirs.
    Open Air Restaurants will attract another less well fed cat, so  they will always have strays, They will also have rats. Without a friendly Cat, which incidentally people love, for the most part.
    I would start a complaining procedure.
    Begin with any complaints re Health and safety, that may adversely affect the Restaurant.
    ie Rubbish smell noise, anything you can complain about.
    Why do I know it works. I had it done to my clean Cafe' because I had a Cat, which I was forced to take home.
    Councils and health advisorys are the worst they can shut you down in seconds. Go for it I sympathise. One moaning old lady, meant I lost hours of income. I got the place when I was a student for nothing, and had built it up as a Trendy place to go.  Oh let the neighbour know that it will continue until you get your cat back.

i know all the local forums where people where i live are members. i can bash the crap out of him there. i could write squidoo lenses, make simple .info sites saying his place s*ucks etc...but, i won't do it. if u read thru my hubs u'll see that i have what i call online ethics. won't bash others online...just looking for a way to have the cat allowed on the property. i bought a cat bed today for 6 bucks. i told his staff not to feed the cat and that i give her 2 square meals/day. hopefully he'll just let her back. i never had a pet before. but for me this is like a huge loss...im devastated now...never thot i'd miss a cat so much...

4. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I know you do not want to move, but in past experience I learned living next door to troublesome neighbors just leads to more problems done the road.  The best revenge is no revenge at all.  Get you cat back and try to move where she is welcome.

hi sweetiepie - good advice. the cat is old in cat years. maybe equivalent to a middle-aged human being. But - of course she's as sweet as can be. she is a street cat but i suspect she was once somebody else's pet based on the way I see she behaves w/me and other humans. Normally street cats are scared sh*tless of people and run from us. My friends said cuz she's a street cat she'll go beserk in a room w/me somewhere else and die. what do u think? if i found a reasonably-priced place that accepted felines should i take her? thanks.

2. dawei888 profile image60

4am now where i live - time 2 sleep - sweeiepie - ur advice is what i was thinking all along - i'll try to pursue this tomorrow. thanks very much, david

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

You need to act, if you want to save your pussy.. has the menu changed? big_smile

many other of my male friends have said the same thing....must be careful of ur choice of words here my friend...thanks though - ur advice is good...

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No offence should be taken with my words dawei.. most know that not all menus are corrupt!

6. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Since your place does not allow cats, and she was in fact a stray this is what I would do: DO NOT seek revenge on the restaurant next door. Ask about the cat politely and say that you have hopes of finding her a good family. I would get the cat back and then find a family where you can visit her. If you can't find a family, then I suppose a no-kill shelter will do. The point is, she deserves to have a good home.

hi colebalie - thanks for writing in. if that's the case i'll simply move. i don't trust giving her to other people in the place where i live - she could end up on the dinner table. the minute i have her again i'll probably try to move. a hundred bucks more per month - so be it - the cat will be safe w/me.

1. candice5 profile image59
        candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you would be safer as well, I lived in a rough area once, I bought a House, and yes I spent most of my time trying to get my stuff back before resorting to nasty tactics. Those worked though. But I like animals more than people generally haven't alot of empathy for people. Just me I guess.

7. shai77 profile image82
    shai77posted 14 years ago

Hello david sorry about the cat.
    I don't think you should give up on him,apparently you like animals ,and it is much better for you to find a place that you will be able to keep one.
    After giving her away you will miss her much more,and if you love animals it will always be less fun being without one.
    One of the smartest thing i have heard you know "smart old chinese saying" is that moveing once a few years is the smartest thing to do,it a great way to get rid of all of your garbage,so guess it is your time.
    Forgive me for my english mistakes by the way,and please don't give up :-)

8. dawei888 profile image60

The guy w/the open-air restaurant promised they'd bring the stray i was looking after back. what did they do? they took me for a FOOL and brought a different cat! i'll have a polite chat w/their owner tomorrow then probably have drop the issue.

9. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I'm sorry to hear they brought the wrong cat. I agree that moving would be beneficial as there seems to be complications with the neighbor. It may just begin with a stray cat, but there may be serious problems later on.

Revenge is not the way to go. Definitely bad advice.

10. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Revenge is a dish served cold! And Maybe...not the best way to go! But...you need to tell that menacing nieghbor of yours...that cat is your property...and he just stole it. You want it back Pronto...or there will be TROUBLE!
    http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/artman2/uploads/1/robocop.jpg

11. charanjeet kaur profile image59
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Aww dawei i feel so sorry for all this, damn i had loved that cat in the profile. I wish you get things sorted out soon the neighbour surely will have to see what the cat means for you. I hope he has a change of heart if he doesnt then call all hubbers we will give him a piece of our mind...

12. CorinneM profile image61
    CorinneMposted 14 years ago

The first thing you need to do is find the cat and get it back. Stray cats can become indoor cats - I myself have done this with my current 3 cats and one of them was definitely born a feral. Based on their personalities, the other two probably were someone's pet earlier in their lives. They have all adapted very nicely to living indoors with me. In fact, their personalities continue to grow & change as they become happier and more socialized.

13. dawei888 profile image60

the cat is gone. confirmed. i've made a new affirmation: I'm bigger and smarter than the neighbor. My best days are ahead of me and not behind me. Thanks guys here on HP for your kind support. I really do appreciate that a lot. david

1. profile image0

I'm going to cry.  I am so sorry.  Nasty, nasty neighbor.  But, you've got the right attitude.

14. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Hi David,

Having read references of your cat in the past, I know you became very attached, and I'm so sorry she was taken. I imagine you would feel similarly if the cat had died, since it was so unexpected. It was a wonderful relationship you had and will be a sweet memory after the pain subsides. It was nice of you to take a stray under your wing and care for it so well.

Jen

15. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

David, I'm sorry about the loss of your cat. I would be leery of what the neighbor may do in the future. A nice thing would have been if he had given you a warning about the cat before he took it off.

I would definitely ignore the rude comments and such that people have left.

16. dawei888 profile image60

Dear All - I ignore all weird comments in HP forums - We're better than that here. I appreciate your comments a lot. As I said - i think the lesson learned is if u suspect something might happen in the future (like the cat suddenly being removed) act 1st before them. the restaurant owner put his whole life savings into his place and there's a recession here everyday. no customers for him. so he's paranoid could go belly-up and acting on emotions without thoughts for others. anyways, i confirmed by many in my area he + his partner have a bad rep around town. time to move on.

i'm now doing a really interesting Internet marketing course online. i'm on pg 40 of 500 so have a lot more reading to do! the learning never stops. the day the learning stops is the day it gets boring.

i'm so fascinated by the Internet, Google and online marketing in general. i'm so glad to have this opportunity here to meet people, share my little knowledge about internet marketing and learn new things from others here too.

david

17. NaomiR profile image74
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I don't really have any good advice that hasn't already been offered, but good luck in getting everything sorted out.

18. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Oh David, I am so sorry that you went though all of that and that your poor cat friend had to go through it too. It's tough when a friend is gone, human or animal. I hope that you are okay and that you may find another cat, or keep the cat that they brought you.

What did you do with the different kitty that thay brought you saying that it was your cat?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)