Can/Does God speak to us through signs and tell us things we ask of Him?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (21 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Can/Does God speak to us through signs and tell us things we ask of Him?

2. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 13 years ago

I think this is something you should ask God.  You will get your answer and then you will know the truth.

3. home witch profile image69
    home witchposted 13 years ago

I don't believe in God as given to us as a power hungry control freak who worries about how we dress, live eat and think. I think I learned that through a sign from the universe.

4. jagandelight profile image69
    jagandelightposted 13 years ago

yes He does.

I remember when i was buying my home I dream everything gold but i couldn't understand what it meant, the next day when I went to look at this house I saw the name of the street and it was golden days.

He answer me many times, I might not know at the moment but it is eventually made clear to me.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 13 years ago

Yes God speaks to us through signs and will also tell us things even if we do not ask Him the question.

6. Blessitbe profile image59
    Blessitbeposted 13 years ago

I believe God answers us more then we know because we don’t understand the messages he is sending us at time, but yes I believe he answers us in many ways.  Good question ….

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

it is you who is speaking through yourself. the reason that it seems that he is answering you is called faith, not in yourself but in a myth. if god gives his followers what they want then why do athiests get what they want. jagandelight tells about a house on a street that ended up being somewhat in a dream. first off theres a darn good chance you have seen that street before and secondly just because the street had gold in the name sure as heck doesn't make it a sign from god. these kinds of tales show me how blind faith really is.

8. profile image52
    lisamansfieldposted 13 years ago

I am in recovery ..i am truly a believer and spiritually i am alive...i can remember a time when i realized what spiritual awakening means..GODS INTENDED PURPOSE FOR US....whEn satan comes to us in what ever form it can and attack us at what ever our weakness maybe.....JESUS...HE KNOWS OUR HEARTS..ADMISSION OF WEAKNESS IS STRENGTH...WHAT THIS MEANS ...AS JESUS LOVES ME SONG SAYS ...THEY ARE WEAK BUT HE IS STRONG YES JESUS LOVES ME..oOF COURSE HE SPEAKS TO US.....I WANTED TO DIE AT ONE TIME..NOW IM JUST GLAD THAT MEANT LET THE OLD SELF DIE AND TAKE ON THE ARMOUR OF GOD...OF COURSE HE SPEAKS TO US..MY DAUGHTER AND MOM PRAYED EVERY DAY FOR AN ENTIRE SUMMER FOR MY SAFETY ..THE NIGHT I SAT IN THE CORNER OF A CRACK HOUE AND WANTED TO LOAD MY PIPE AND DIE..A TEAR CAME FROM MY EYE THE FIRST IN OVER THREES MONTHS THAT I WAS ABLE TO SHED..they are weak but HE IS STRONG..I SAW MY MOTHERS FACE MY DAUGHTERS FACE AND JESUS HOLDING THEM BOTH SAYING WE WILL LLOVE YOU WHEN YOU CANT LOVE YOURSELF AND WE WILL HELP YOU....I WAS THEN LED TO SAFETY..WHEN I REACH OUT FOR THE HELPING HANDS MY LORD AND SAVIOR PROVIDED FOR ME..BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD...

9. rlleon42 profile image80
    rlleon42posted 13 years ago

Signs are everywhere, wether they are meant for us directly or not, who knows, but the unexplainable is definitely God's way of revealing Himself.  As far as telling us what we ask of Him, I don't think its that simple as a Q&A session with God....

10. MCAT4 profile image60
    MCAT4posted 13 years ago

Well if God really does exist then he has obviously bypassed me for the meantime!
    We all recieve signs of some form that relate to whatever current matter is at hand.
    Some are great and leaves us jumping for joy.
    Whereas others just don't do it for us at all.
    So... if we are recieving the same information, which ones are from "God" and which ones are from "Self" and just to add a spanner in the works, which ones are from the "Mind"... is there really a difference?  Does it matter?  And if so, to whom? Me or You?!

11. jdavid profile image60
    jdavidposted 13 years ago

Signs are nothing more than events that happen naturally that people interpret as being a 'sign'.  The criteria for what consitutes a 'sign' is too vague and biased to be considered seriously.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image60
      LoisRyan13903posted 10 years agoin reply to this

True and I think remember reading something in the Bible about using signs-cautioning us not to

12. Gayly profile image59
    Gaylyposted 13 years ago

I believe God gives signs whenever we ask for it. Keep the faith.

13. Jaymeyaroch profile image60
    Jaymeyarochposted 13 years ago

He does!  You have to listen with something besides your ears though!

And He doesn't always give you the answer you're looking for, so you have to be open to anything He gives you.

I have yet to go a single day without God answering my questions.

Sometimes He speaks to you whether you want to listen or not!

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

14. Zubair Ahmed profile image74
    Zubair Ahmedposted 13 years ago

“Our communication with Him (God) is direct through our supplication and His response or communication to humans is indirect.” This - http://hubpages.com/t/1f0547 hub will answer your Q.

15. sam3m profile image61
    sam3mposted 12 years ago

i don't believe god speaks to us through signs, especially if you're referring to christ's image on a piece of toast or something like that.  god knows we're pretty dense down and if he wanted to communicate, he'd open a cloud and yell "hey!  cut that out!"

16. eapratte profile image59
    eapratteposted 12 years ago

I definitely think so. There have been times where I have prayed and I get an answer to a question. Sometimes they come in dreams and sometimes in random ways during a day. Someone always seems to be listening, IMO. I've definitely learned to be careful about word choice. Whoever is listening takes you at your word, it seems. Totally puts a new spin on "The Word was with God," lol.

17. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 11 years ago

God displays his power and communicates with us in a number of ways.

I read this book called, “Heaven is For Real” and a little boy named Colton had died and gone to Heaven and said that God hears our prayers. And in response to our prayers, He'll “shoot” down his power to us.

We can communicate to Him through prayer. God also uses other people and situations to communicate with us. He uses visions and dreams and literature and He also speaks to us directly through the Holy Spirit who resides in us – when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savoir.

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

18. profile image0
    Nudelyposted 7 years ago

The Mormons have some pretty recent revelations from God. More recent than from most denominations. The Seventh Day Adventist had their prophetess, Miss Ellen, who saw all manner of wild things, but they disagree with the Mormons. The Christian Scientists and the Jehovah Witnesses each have their unique pipelines to God, which of course, suggests the inclusion of the infallible Pontiff, who is the Vicar of Christ. Except he's not. He's just a Marxist stooge in a nice robe with a spiffy hat that pretends to know what God wants. It was his church that burned tens of thousands of heretics and pagans, and suppressed an uprising in the Peasant's War (shortly after the Martin Luther's vaunted Reformation was inaugurated.) Oh, the Protestants were no better, burning tens of thousands of "witches" back in the days when burning witches was fashionable. Then there was the pious poop Sir Thomas More who avidly saw to it that hundreds of people were burned for no more a crime than owning an English-version Bible. Does God speak to us? Does Allah speak to Muslims? They think so. Do Brahma, Vishnu, Kali, Krishna, Ganesh, and Shiva speak to certain segments of Indian society? They think so.

I think the Buddha sums it up nicely: "Desire causes suffering." We desire a God to listen to us, and we suffer while the universe turns a deaf ear to our plight. It would be easier if a just God would just toss the Democrats out of office, or if a mighty God would kill the Jihadist's first born (whatever happened to those sorts of miracles?)

No, if there are gods, they are pretty big. They are too busy creating new "realms of realms" to pay much attention to a few seven billion microbes on a piece of dust in a forgotten corner of a realm made tens of billions of years ago.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)