Why can't I ever reach a hubber score of 100?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. AshleyRB profile image59
    AshleyRBposted 13 years ago

Why can't I ever reach a hubber score of 100?

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

You have been here 4 weeks?

I think I was at least 3 months the first time I hit 100.

Have a little patience smile

3. BaliMermaid profile image59
    BaliMermaidposted 13 years ago

You ask a good question Ashley.  Many of us would like to know the answer to this question.

If there is a formula it seems only a select few discover it. I can say that even those with Hub scores of 100 seem to easily lose them. Some never gain them back while others do.

Evidently, and I could be incorrect, the main goal you need is to have your author hub score over 75. That allows your links to be do follow and worth more to the search engine visits.

There is a hub by DonnaWallace that purports to explain how to increase the personal hub score.

How to Increase Your Personal Hub Score (aka Hubber Score)
    by DonnaWallace

good luck

4. W. K. Hayes profile image86
    W. K. Hayesposted 13 years ago

Teh Hubber score comes froma  variety of key factors. Article content, tags, comments you've recieved and how long you've been on Hubpages. I believe views also has soemthing to do with it but honestly, only Hubpages Staff truly udnerstand the scoring system. Antoher thing that seems to influence hubber score is Karma; adding links to other hubbers hubs. Personally, I kind of ignore it. I've read 94 and watched it plummet back down to 89 in a single day so, why bother? Just keep writing and bear these things in mind without actually letting it bother you, any.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years ago

I've been at it for a year.  I had one hub hit 95. . . .for a few hours, but I've had a few in the 90's, and guess what?  You've not a clue what the score of any of them might be tomorrow.

6. garyyoungberg profile image60
    garyyoungbergposted 13 years ago

I'm glad I stopped by.  Donna Wallace's article about Hub scores is one of the best explanations I have come across.  Personally my goal is to stay over 75 with a desire to be in the 90s.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

You can, and you will if you stick with it and learn from everyone.
    It's nice to  reach 100-- took me a looong time, but after you do it doesn't seem so important or elusive. I actually like 97.

8. Masata profile image60
    Masataposted 13 years ago

I have never reached 100 yet but I am surely working on it. I don't know how to get there but I won't stop trying. I would encourage you to never give up just keep writing and reading hubs. I think the more you interact with other hubbers the easier it will be to boost your score. I notice the more I write and submit my articles the higher my score gets. I am not sure on the system used to score the hubs and the over score either but I know that even after I reach the 100 mark I won't stop writing it is something I love to do. So just stick with it and you will get there. I promise you that. I know and I am still new to hubpages I only been a member for three weeks now.

9. Vaiebhav profile image75
    Vaiebhavposted 13 years ago

I think the best thing to do is focus on the content; answer questions, link to other hubbers. It's not much use playing the tennis with an eye on the scoreboard. It keeps changing randomly. And there are Help Topics that discuss this. But I would rather spend that time creating a hub than worry about the numbers.

10. FrankSB profile image59
    FrankSBposted 13 years ago

Only time will tell!  Haha, yea just wait a little longer and keep writing!

11. christoss1959 profile image60
    christoss1959posted 13 years ago

The highest score I've reached was 98, but then I had a break for a few weeks and dropped to 90. At that point I was posting 1-2 hubs a day and answering a few questions every now and then. I am sure that if I continued at that point I could probably reach 100

12. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

Ashley - have some patience, my dear. You have not been here that long and these things do take time. Instead of beating up on yourself for not reaching the highest score right away, set smaller goals. Decide that you want a score that is maybe 5 points higher than whatever you have now and go for that. Then keep increasing your goal.

However! A 100 score does not mean the person is a high earner. Some of the highest earners have scores in the mid to low 90's. They are too busy making money to fiddle around with the score. Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)