How do you motivate yourself to achieve your goals?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

How do you motivate yourself to achieve your goals?

2. thebluestar profile image77
    thebluestarposted 13 years ago

I am not great with the old self discipline bit, but I do have the constant irritating habit of convincing myself that I have to do it.  More often than not a walk in the countryside clears the head and allows me time to concentrate and follow my goals through.

3. tnvrstar profile image66
    tnvrstarposted 13 years ago

I just follow these rules:

1. failure is the pillar of success
    2. Don't give up & continue trying
    3. Lose everything but don't lose hope
    4. Trust on God
    5. Don't be sad for any failure, because there plenty of people who are suffering from more severe problems

Most important: Work hard

Hope this help , I have written a similar hubs for helping people to get motivation . You can check it out
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-ups-and-downs-in-life

4. cpvr profile image60
    cpvrposted 13 years ago

Because, when my vision is clean, I work hard to motivate myself - my family usually motivates me because I remind myself of where we came from, and how we're not going back

5. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 13 years ago

I retain the child in me- the curious, energetic, happy to have a go child that helps me with my goals. I realised some time ago that motivation is inbuilt and it is the fears and phobias of adulthood that suppress it. I learnt to be realistic with my goals but let this secret child dream away with abandon also!

I wrote about not stopping and keep flowing in here: you may like this...

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Brook

Also a hub on goal setting:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Changing-for-Go … ar-New-You

6. saintodd profile image66
    saintoddposted 13 years ago

I use the S.M.A.R.T. goal method to define goals
    ~Specific - when you can describe it concretely to others
    ~Measurable - You need to be able to tell when you've accomplished it.
    ~Attainable - It can't be a pipe dream or something unrealizable.
    ~ Relevant - Needs to be important to you. References your values
    ~Time-specific - not opened ended. They have dates attached.

I use SEA to keep me on track.
    Accountability relationships that provide Support, Encouragement, and Accountability.

Any large goal I don't do alone. Doesn't work.

7. chunho01 profile image60
    chunho01posted 13 years ago

How to motivate yourself is in fact closely related to what you want to be and where you want to be at the end of your journey.

Let's take an example, your goals is to be rich.

First of all, define 'rich'. Set a clear dollar amount and date to achieve it. Now the next step to take, is NOT laying out a plan. BUT to first visualize yourself already achieving the goal. Visualize yourself celebrating with your dearest friends and family in some peaceful getaway island. Visualizations must come after setting your clearly defined goals.

Now that you have visualized the ending, you know deep inside you that, "My gosh...I WANT to be rich" This time your goal is not just some fleeting feelings, but this time you've made your goal a burning desire.

By making it a burning desire, nothing can deter you. Now I'm sure you'll be able to lay out a practical plan, and stick to it until you've succeeded.

Good luck in your undertakings, hope I've helped

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)