Do you find it kind of funny how some people dwell on god?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

Do you find it kind of funny how some people dwell on god?

i find it funny but sad when I realise how easily people are made to believe in a myth.some people on here seem to be obsessed with god and it kind of gives me the creeps.

2. jcnasia profile image60
    jcnasiaposted 13 years ago

No, I don't find it funny, sad, or creepy.  The implications of whether God exists or not are enormous.

3. workingmomwm profile image81
    workingmomwmposted 13 years ago

I don't find it funny at all. If you believe in God, you're bound to be obsessed with Him and telling others about Him. If you don't believe in Him, you're going to be obsessed with proving to others that He doesn't exist - or at least arguing with those who believe.

That's just the nature of man - to "have" to be right all the time. And I think this is just one area where no one really has all the answers. It's not creepy - just the way it is.

4. akuigla profile image62
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

On the contrary.
    I find funny how people dwell on tv.
    Or fashion.
    Or food.
    All of this is trivial and superficial.......

5. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 13 years ago

Meh... your question relies on the fairly absurd notion that people are MADE to believe in Him.  Life is full of choices, and whether to believe in God or not is a huge choice.  You make a choice, you live with that choice, you change your mind a couple hundred times, or not...

Atheists... pphhhhh.... Like it or not, you guys are the most self-righteous of all the religious freaks I've yet to meet...

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

I don't think it is funny.  We can either answer the religious, or God questions or not.  I don't think that all believers are "made" to believe.  Perhaps life experience has led them to believe in God.

7. gogol-lives-among profile image61
    gogol-lives-amongposted 13 years ago

It makes sense that people dwell on God. As an agnostic, however, I find it mildly amusing how people dwell on religion. If there is a God then why does he give AIDS to babies in Africa? I hate when people say, "God bless America," it truly pisses me off to no end. Hey God, spite that country over there so I can drive my SUV. Religious people quote the bible or the qu'ran or the torah, or whatever, anytime you ask a relevant question. It sickens me, but if that gives them hope on this planet then so be it.

8. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 13 years ago

I dont find it funny that people believe in God, as 'each to their own'. Everybody has their own beliefs and it only becomes annoying to me when they try and push their beliefs onto others that cleary don't agree.

9. skisy profile image89
    skisyposted 13 years ago

Sort of a loaded question don't you think... "made," "myth,"

In attempt to answer this objectively: Interestingly, the majority of the world believes in a god, so it should not be "funny" at all to find that there are plenty of people talking about God. I'm not sure how you define it as "creepy" either. As for anyone who believes in the existence of a God then they are likely to want to tell other people as well. And considering the existence of a God is a pretty major thing then people are likely to "dwell" on god.

In actual fact though, despite the statistics, atheists are the most prevalent in the media, and the most likely to find promoting their own beliefs and trying to force it on others. Western society loves the fact that maybe there's some big conspiracy that means they don't have to listen to anyone else and they can do things however they want, it provides excuses and illegitimate justifications for things we do that we know are wrong but wish they weren't. It means that we have no one to answer to, only this life to care about with no ultimate consequences.

10. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

I don't find it funny for believers.  But I find it interesting and a little amusing how the majority of religious forum threads and questions get asked by those who claim a lack of belief - or even claim that the question of belief is meaningless.  Seems like an awfully large number of people spend an awfully large amount of time on things that have no meaning for them.  I'd say that's actually far sadder than being "obsessed" with a God you believe in.  It's almost like they're "obsessed" with meaninglessness.  An honest answer, although I'm fairly certain it will be an unpopular one.

11. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 13 years ago

Be obsessed can be frightening at times. I personally believe that we should learn to trust our faith and feeling. Not everyone will have the same thought of feeling in term of existence. If you believe in God, then God will be with you in your heart and help you in times of difficulties. If you do not believe then you will have to face all difficulties by yourself. I believe God works in a mysterious way to help individuals as miracle had happened to me.

12. CARIBQUEEN profile image63
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

NO! It is not funny as we were given the power of choice.  We all have to respect each other's view. To each his own. We all need to be open-minded and respectful. There is nothing funny in belief or unbelief. No-one should be forced to accept another's practice nor should we judge each other.

13. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

if you read the question you would understand the term "dwell" i'm not talking about people who believe in god, i'm talking about people who dwell on it. all there answers are religious based as well as any questions they ask. their nics on here are god based, their views of everything are god based etc. read a question before you answer it, it wasn't meant as an insult but just an observation.
    ambassador butler, i have no idea what your babbling about so BOOO to you bud.

14. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 13 years ago

I think it is strange. All I know is that if someone says "god" or Jesus" more than one in a statement, I immediately do not trust them. No one is that sanctimonious naturally unless they are constantly trying to convince themselves they are not bad people. People who say sensible things about fairytales not being true, about some for-profit organizations (aka churches) competing with one another in the open market, or about science disproving some religious mythology, are labeled as rude or as being insensitive to people's faiths. But learned and intelligent people are expected to sit on our hands and keep their mouths shut while someone talks a lot of incoherant nonsense about god. I think it's tough for some people to come to grips with the possibility that nothing happens to them after they die; so religion will probably always have a place in the human psyche.

15. profile image0
    CollBposted 13 years ago

Believing in God is a way of life for some and that's what fulfils their daily lives, hence why I don't see it as funny or strange - some Biblical concepts are really useful to know and probably why a lot of people, especially now, focus their attention on God.

16. chasemillis profile image68
    chasemillisposted 13 years ago

then why are we here? And how? I just don't see how their could be any other reason why we are here. And plus, try thinking about the end of life without God, utter non-existence.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)