What kind of SEO program can you suggest for someone who isn't well versed in in

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. mikicagle profile image81
    mikicagleposted 13 years ago

What kind of SEO program can you suggest for someone who isn't well versed in internet marketing?

I've been on hubpages for over a year now and have had a little successess but not the amount that I would like to see. I don't know anything about SEO and how to drive traffic to my hubs except for using a few social networking sites like twitter, facebook, redgage, ping and a few others. I know there is software on the market that would help but I don't know much about them. I really would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

2. profile image0
    nuc99705posted 13 years ago

I just wrote an article on this subject.  I have been doing article marketing for three years now and have tried all the gimmicks recommended.  Back links, SEO software etc.  The one thing I have found that works is key words volume!!
    Pick a product and write many articles on that product and you will get the traffic.

So save your money and focus on keywords and volume

I can send you the link to my article when it gets published tomorrow.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image83
    LuisEGonzalezposted 13 years ago

Try Traffup for links postings, and IMautomator to broadcast your links. They are both free and are giving a decent amount of traffic, you can also visit my profile for more information

4. mikicagle profile image81
    mikicagleposted 13 years ago

Thanks so much for your tips and advice. I look forward to reading your hubs.

5. danthehandyman profile image69
    danthehandymanposted 13 years ago

I agree with nuc. Stick to a topic/product/service and use the right keywords. Google can detect improper metatags and will downgrade your site if you get 'keyword verbose'. Google has some great analytical tools including keyword suggestions and keyword rankings.
    Backlinks are the single best way to increase traffic. Besides the social networks, you can submit articles with back links to many sites looking for content authors. One place to put your backlinks is in comments you can make on media sites (TV, newspapers, magazines, etc.), just find articles regarding your subject matter, comment and point them to your site for further info. Make sure you are relevant to the thread.
    If you are trying to drive traffic to your Hubpages articles, you should know Google allows users to block Hubpages results from searches with a single click. If you have your own site, use Hubpages to backlink to it. Plus, you get 100% of your AdSense, Ebay, and other advertiser revenue from your own site. If you become a recognized expert on your chosen topic, you can even negotiate directly with advertisers for ad placement on your domain.
    If you want to analyze results and fine-tune your SEO, there is a reasonably priced ($175) tool used by some professionals, Market Samurai, at www marketsamurai com. They also have some free PDF booklets with great information.

6. wholesaletoys profile image60
    wholesaletoysposted 13 years ago

You really need to read more about SEO.  SEOmoz articles and so on.  You need to build some links and you need to promote from within just like you are doing now.  There are all kinds of software out there you can use to help automate things.  But they are useless unless you know how and why you use them.

Personally, I would start with a program called scrapebox.  If you become an expert at this you will have firm understanding of linking.  Market Samurai as suggested above will also help as it is more diverse.  Both programs are affordable. 

If you are not sure, go to Youtube and watch videos on SEO.  Youtube is a great resource for this kind of stuff.

7. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 13 years ago

I agree with the others who said concentrate on your Hubs and keywords.  The title of your Hubs and the Summary sections also.  Tweek, Tweek, Tweek, instead of writing new Hubs.  That's what works for me.  Your traffic should increase without you needing to do anything.  99% of my traffic comes from Google and Yahoo searches. I have found social networking is just a small bonus of about 1% in addition to this, basically Google does all the work for me, and I don't need to worry about promoting my own work.

8. chasemillis profile image73
    chasemillisposted 12 years ago

Ya, try concentrating on the actual Hubs - keywords are extremely important! Without good keywords, Google will not find you. It's just that simple.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)