A question to all men.

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Rooskaya profile image46
    Rooskayaposted 12 years ago

A question to all men.

Do you like women in a full on make up or without it (or in a light make up).Do you like them being natural or otherwise with cosmetics.Ladies,you may answer too.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5014452_f260.jpg

2. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 12 years ago

Natural is better.  The more makeup they have the more maintenance they require. 

A more natural woman looks good practically anytime.  Women with a lot of makeup either need it or have self esteem problems.

A little makeup is alright.  The key is moderation and having confidence in yourself and not in what others think beauty is.

3. Buffoon profile image76
    Buffoonposted 12 years ago

Don't mind a bit of makeup, but a lot of it makes 'em look like clowns in my eyes. Plus I always I wonder how girls think they improve with that uh layer of errr stuff over their faces.

4. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 12 years ago

I much prefer the natural look. Women who wear too much make-up don't seem to like the 'look' of their own skin. Piling on the make-up deprives their skin of exposure to air and sunlight which keeps the skin healthy - so once committed to wearing heavy make-up they have to keep it for the rest of their lives as their skin deteriorates.

There are occasions when heavy make-up is - I think - appropriate: such as club nights, when the girls are out on the town - dancing under strobe-lights etc. It 's a continuation of the 'dressing-up' they did as little girls. Now that they are big girls is no reason to change this behaviour.

5. shanaya profile image60
    shanayaposted 12 years ago

I appreciate natural beauty because I love great things that are real.

And i think male  should like natural beauty, because it won't easily change.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

makeup is ok as long as it isn't caked on. my wife rarely wears any unless we are doing something special and i love that about her.

7. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 12 years ago

As a man I prefer women with no make-up!!
    Just good hygiene and combed hair with well exposed face is far more honest and sincere to me.

The human face is a great communication tool, it would be nice to keep disguises off. Personally, I feel anyone who appreciates make-up is actually comfortable with an illusion. I am feel far more secure in seeing the truth what ever it may be.

Make-up wastes a great deal of time and money. It has become an socially accepted obsession.

Thanks for this good question!

8. framistan profile image61
    framistanposted 12 years ago

The ideal amount of makeup is just enough so the man does not suspect it is being used.  Don't exceed that limit.

9. applejack2 profile image60
    applejack2posted 12 years ago

I prefer  the  fresh clean  natural look of beauty as god  gave  it. A very small amount of  make up is ok as long as its not over done.

Some one  once said  to me  "Why didn't you marry  a more  beautiful woman.?" I said,  There  is no one  better than her!

Two things: BEAUTY IS  IN THE  EYE  OF  THE  BEHOLDER.

Next: BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP.

10. CJWood71 profile image82
    CJWood71posted 12 years ago

I prefer the natural look.  A little bit of makeup is fine, but when it is overdone it looks fake.  Real beauty is always preferred.

11. lejonkung profile image63
    lejonkungposted 12 years ago

Great question. I love the way my girlfriend looks without make-up, she does not need it. But i think it can make her even prettier!

12. maverickserp profile image60
    maverickserpposted 12 years ago

I like light to natural. Sometimes too much make a face ugly, a monster like look.

13. Keith120 profile image61
    Keith120posted 12 years ago

I believe its up to the woman to decide if they want to look a curtain way for themselves and not for a man. I for one don't mind, they can go with or without. Physical attraction shouldn't be the "I Do" and or attention grabber but a respectable personality. That's where a woman can get my attention.

14. Porshadoxus profile image61
    Porshadoxusposted 12 years ago

I prefer natural, with perhaps just a TINY amount of accentuation. I especially dislike kissing lipstick. Give me natural lips every time. Stay away from the paint.

15. ibbarkingmad profile image60
    ibbarkingmadposted 12 years ago

Natural all the way! Makeup should be used to accent beauty, not hide it! I love my wife because she is a real woman, not some fake thing with paint on.

16. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

It depends on the woman (the face). But I prefer my wife without make up. She's gorgeous in her own natural beauty.

17. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 12 years ago

Natural look of a woman without make up is more attractive  than with make up. When we happen to see a woman  with her full  make up, we try to recognize her and when we are sure of her identity, we  feel that her look  stands for  a cosmetic value only  which  wipes out with a mere stress or exposure. But the natural look of a woman does not conceal her actual identity irrespective of  stress or exposure.

18. skdwivediji profile image60
    skdwivedijiposted 12 years ago

i also would prefer a natural look of a lady instead of make-up but sometimes a lady to whom i like is in makeup it would be awesome.

19. aakashmech profile image60
    aakashmechposted 12 years ago

without make up a woman may be beautiful but with make up she lookes better than previous one.It depends on the condition because you can't hangout  every time with makeup.I will go with light make up because natural beauty is not the good looking face only ; it is good heart, good nature , good feelings and good thoughts.

BE A GOOD WOMAN FIRST ........  smile

20. JamesMcAlhanyJr profile image61
    JamesMcAlhanyJrposted 12 years ago

Very little make up. A little eyeliner and that colored stuff on the eyelids is Pretty. Other than that when a woman needs a chisel and hammer to remove her makeup at night, she has gone to far. Also, it's suspicious to me that the woman is either stuck up, self loathing, or just going to be bitchy when her face is fake with make up.

21. profile image0
    .josh.posted 12 years ago

Absolutely the natural look - I can understand why women wear some make-up, but there's nothing worse than when a woman cakes it on (and interestingly enough, it's often women that don't need to - they're just insecure).

The purpose of makeup - at least from my perspective, I suppose I'm no expert - is to act as a sort of 'polish,' to simply accentuate your best assets and perhaps minimize your worst. It's certainly not to act as a mask, so that when your partner wakes up beside you in the morning, they can barely recognize you.

22. kd4rvb profile image60
    kd4rvbposted 12 years ago

Generally I don't care much for make up on a woman. It is a mask, an attempt to present a package they are not. I don't mind when we are gong out to something fancy and she wants to look nice, but it really isn't about what men want but more a spirit of competition among women.

Men appreciate beauty sure, but we don't care so much about looks as much about being willing partners with a real personality, in the dark everyone pretty much looks the same. A woman's allure and beauty is not just in what she looks like but how she presents herself as a person. If this were not the case there would be a lot more single women out there than there are now.

23. jake13edward profile image60
    jake13edwardposted 12 years ago

I think it the worst when women put on makeup.They think they look nicer with it on.The only makeup I like is lip stick.

24. bloggingguide profile image61
    bloggingguideposted 12 years ago

I prefer with make up on. But one note here is....do not over-do it

25. skywebuk profile image60
    skywebukposted 12 years ago

a little bit of make up is ok sometimes but ultimately I prefer natural everything when it boils down to it!

Too many women are paranoid though and think they need make up when they do not. True beauty is when you can look great and feel great with out the need of make up.

I really despise lipstick, it's horrible and only a few women can pull it off, even if they pull it off, and it looks good, I am still not too fond of it.

Natural beauty any day!

26. Shadow of Me profile image61
    Shadow of Meposted 12 years ago

I have never really cared to wear makeup myself.  I tend to be allergic to makeup.  I think I look better without.  When I try to wear makeup, I feel like I am not being meā€¦fake.

Makeup should help enhance beauty, even out skin tone, or high light features.  Some tend to go overboard with the application, which can make a person unattractive.  That person may even be hiding behind the makeup.

27. Zubair Ahmed profile image74
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

Natural look is the best.  I have seen some women with almost three layers of makeup it looks bad.  Just imagine how insecure they feel about their own appearance to go through that much effort in hiding it.

28. basementideas profile image61
    basementideasposted 12 years ago

I like light-to-natural. Or, as long as it doesn't look too much, as it seem to be wearing a mask and almost unrecognizable.

29. Nellieanna profile image67
    Nellieannaposted 12 years ago

My beloved always told me he liked me with a minimum of makeup and plenty of smiles, which suits me well. I know what helps and suits me, so I wear bits of eye makeup, dabs of cheek and lip color. But a thick, heavy, unnatural look does not help or fit my preferences.

If I only would choose one makeup item, it will be a bit of help for straggly eyebrows.   I had lovely thick brows when young but the fad was to pluck them.  They didn't all grow back, which might be a caution for girls now following all the fads when it comes to actually altering one's natural looks with piercings, tattoos, cosmetic surgery, etc!  One keeps living and outgrows some stuff which, unfortunately, doesn't follow one's lead.  Knowing what would really benefit you is a matter of giving it thought, not just following fads or whims.  You're beautiful as you are, you know.  The best "makeup" is good skin care & health habits, a lovely expression, bright eyes and smile and genuine interest in others. And those will never desert you as you grow throughout life.

30. sibtehassanraja profile image40
    sibtehassanrajaposted 12 years ago

It depends on the girl's face look. some girls look good in make up but some girls look good with out make up.

31. pierceh profile image64
    piercehposted 12 years ago

It's amazing to see that nearly every answer so far prefers very little or no make up at all. Great question.

I personally prefer no make up at all. My wife only wears make up on special occasions when she wants a slightly different look.

Women seem to mostly wear make up as a confidence booster. But I think it's a slippery slope. Because all that time spent closely examining your face specifically looking for imperfections to cover up, just undermines confidence in the first place!

32. profile image52
    robertnyquistposted 12 years ago

I like natural women because cosmetics are never with the women,but natural beauty is always with the women.so i like natural face and body of women.
    http://cafefitreview.com

33. profile image0
    Saugasfinestposted 12 years ago

Please dont take anything im,about to say disrespectful to women because i do talk and am friends with all women but like anyone have preference over who i date. It sounds like a preference question anyways.

If a woman "requires" a lot of make up, not only is that disgusting, but it makes you wonder what she has to hide. I seen women who now have to wear a lot of make up because of what the make up did to their faces from wearing too much in the first place from a young age.

No make-up can be pretty but also pretty plain. It doesnt take up any real time for a women to put on some lip gloss and maybe just a tad of whatever it is they use to even out skin tone. Foundation? (The word just seems to make sense, Lol)

A bit of makeup is ideal always to me. You're not overdone, or fake, or gonna scare the daylights outta me one day when i see you without it one day. Using it in the right place, for the right occasions, to compliment your attire, and give you a little sparkle... well there's nothing wrong with that!

34. breathing profile image48
    breathingposted 12 years ago

I do like the natural face of women. I think make up is a fake things.

35. profile image50
    michaelsmithsposted 12 years ago

I don't like women with full of makeup,I only like simple looking women.
    http://brafacts.net

36. nanderson500 profile image80
    nanderson500posted 11 years ago

Natural is better. I think many women overdo it with makeup.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)