Are we closer than ever of the WW3?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. pimentelteixeira profile image61
    pimentelteixeiraposted 12 years ago

Are we closer than ever of the WW3?

For the past few months we have seen countries in the Middle East rising against its leaders, and once again Western countries are involved in Middle East affairs; with the Arab League control being question day after day, and the tension rising minute after minute, will this events lead all of us to a third world war, the first religious one?

2. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 12 years ago

Based on the scope and scale of WWI and WW II, probably not

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

According to scripture, Gog and Magog is an unrealized event on the charts - but this is not the third world war.  You won't see that, if you see it at all, until the one world zionist government is in place.

4. GeneralSkeptic profile image58
    GeneralSkepticposted 12 years ago

I'd venture to say there will be some kind of world conflict in the next few decades as a result of the scarcity of a resource such as freshwater or energy, though I agree with credence that the scope could not possibly rival either of the previous world wars.  Expect it to more more of a localized conflict that most countries are involved in one way or another.

5. DonDWest profile image71
    DonDWestposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but WWIII being declared on May 20th 2011, causing the world to end on May 21st 2011 in a nuclear hailstrom, won't be happening. I guess this means you can throw away your Scofield Bible.

6. Pollyannalana profile image62
    Pollyannalanaposted 12 years ago

You ask are we closer than ever, well of course we would have to be, every day a little closer. War and fighting all around us, here in America with open borders and drug lords and on the brink of depression with no one even allowed to protect themselves. You would have to blind to not see all that is happening in the world is not for something. There will be so much bad if one thing don't get us the other will. All the fools say 'don't worry, be happy.'

7. someonewhoknows profile image74
    someonewhoknowsposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure what will happen as far as war is concerned .
    I only know what I research for.
    Like the two video links here ---

AGENDA 21
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzEEgtOF … r_embedded

Ex-New World Order Banker Tells ALL
    GEORGE GREEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUUPp8b2 … re=related

8. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 12 years ago

There will come a time of trouble such as was not since the beginning of the world.

9. mintinfo profile image63
    mintinfoposted 12 years ago

All those political events are serving to do is heighten the anxiety of those with no knowledge. When the world as we know it will begin to crumble it will be by natural causes. By mid century those changes will begin to manifest themselves.

10. thelilgrant profile image60
    thelilgrantposted 12 years ago

If there ever is a world war 3, it won't be an ongoing struggle for power. It will end with one stupid country launching a nuclear strike, and the other countries following suit, ending in a nuclear holocaust.

11. WindMaestro profile image58
    WindMaestroposted 12 years ago

Of course not. Not any of these nations have any substantial military force or biochemical weapons, and countries that do, with the exception of North Korea, have not intentions of using them. We were closer to having a third World War during the Cold War between the United States and Russia than in any recent time. Two extremely suspicious adversaries with the largest possession of nuclear arms.
    Fun Fact: Had we done anything but successfully blockade Cuba during the Cuban missile crisis, Russia was planning on releasing its nuclear missile barrage on all major cities on the East coast of the United States. Isn't history fascinating?

12. Phil The Gain profile image57
    Phil The Gainposted 12 years ago

We might be getting closer but I wouldn't say closest ever.  I thought we were closer during the Cuban missile crisis back in the day.  Probably as soon as some country decides to invade or attack Israel is when WW3 will go down.

13. truthfulee916 profile image60
    truthfulee916posted 12 years ago

I have to agree with Pollyannalana everyday we get closer and closer to an early death..(the death of a superpower) with no one else to blame but ourselves..I'am a fifty one year old man and i can honestly say i've seen some things, from Ku Klux Klan and Black Panther rallies in the sixties to cable and even color tv..And the drug scene has gotten 100% worse than the sixties..like Pollyannalana says the open borders drug lords, outside and for sure inside of this country..All i see is something is on the horizon and it aint pretty..kids killing their parents, their parents killing their kids..The way we live, most of us only take instead of give..Tonight is my first night on this site..thankyou all..remember the four horsemen ride..

14. profile image0
    Kieran Gracieposted 12 years ago

We seem to be heading towards some sort of disaster, probably economic, but I don't see it turning in to WWIII. Instead I think we will continue to 'little' wars in different areas of political, economic and religious conflict - nasty for those involved but not on the scale of the previous world wars.

15. Vegas Elias profile image60
    Vegas Eliasposted 11 years ago

World war I was a random war in which countries involved without much thought and planning. World war II ended after well planned countries like the U.S. and U.K. of course with the resources at their disposal involved actively in the war.
    I don't think WW3 will ever be a war like any of the other two wars. Mature and technologically well developed countries know very well the dangers involved in Nuclear Weapons (During world war II Hiroshima and Nagasaki) the negative side of Nuclear weapons was amply demonstrated by the U.S. At the most WW3 will be a low profile war involving only countries of the Third World and the developed countries will take care not to face each other in it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)