have you ever made a false assumption?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (87 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I Know that I have. We all have and still do.
         Some people lead us into them for their own purpose.
         Assume ...ass.(out of).u.(and). me ... We all make assumptions.
         For instance we all ass.u.me that the 69 weeks unto the Messiah mentioned in Daniel 9:25
         Jesus coming again mentioned in Matthew 24.
         The saints being caught up in the air
         Jesus standing on Mt sion before the Harvest.

We assume that all four of these events mentioned in scripture are all four describing ONE event!!!
                    Is that scriptural ????
              OR  IS  THAT THE  GENERAL  ASSUMPTION ???
           I will stay out of this ( I promise) because I "THINK"  that I already "KNOW"
    At least think about this in your own time and at your own leasure.

s

1. goodfriendiam profile image59
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you are being sincere, but we are very tired, of pushing in any form. Just show us by your actions. Thank you Dee smile

2. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Wait, is this going to turn into something akin to this?

(Abridged)

Jerami:  Hi!  I'm Jerami!  I have my own sets of beliefs, and I believe I'm right and everyone else is wrong.  However, I'll ask people for their opinion, so I can ignore them.

Forumer: Hi, I disagree with you, do you want to know why?

Jerami:  No.  Now get lost, I'm busy ignoring everybody.

Forumer:  Even though you have your mind made up, I shall give you my views about why I think you may be wrong.

Jerami:  ...sorry, what?  I was too busy ignoring you.

Jerami:  La la la,  I'm right, and you all are wrong!

Forumer:  Suddenly I realize that you won't listen to anyone!  Now I shall leave the forums and write a gazillion hubs about this!

(Disclaimer:  The above was a work of satire, bla bla bla, no offense meant.)

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry. You can't offend anybody with that piece of nonsense ! It doesn't look like a satire at all. Only childish babble ! lol

2. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a 60 year old self employed construction worker that works out in the heat.I sometimes read what I can make a reply and then do my paper work. Might fall to sleep.  threads do get ahead of me.   And I really posted this question for an answer to one of your questions. And yes after many years of pondering this question I do "Think that I have my answer. I really do not care if anyone answers this question as long as they ask them selves the question and ponder it
      It is still a answer to your previous question.
        There is no reason for me to comment on this question for you know what I think or I would not have posted it. And thank you for your coment.

You deserve more respect, don't you think so ? I do !

That was a very kind thing you did...I like you tantrum

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I didn't even understand what he said...did you?

yes, he tries to make fun of jerami. but it's 2 foolish big_smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol I was actually talking about what Jerami wrote...I know he is talking about assumptions but... lol

At  least he thinks. I can't say the same for allthe others that spend time copying and pasting big_smile

4. profile image0

I actually Jerami never thought about it, really. I'm not much of a thinker of the Bible anymore. Sorry.

I'm not a thinker of the Bible either, but I think he deserves respect. What do you think ? smile

1. profile image0

Yes he does deserve respect that is for sure! I jsut wish he would tell us what he thinks about it...now I'm curious what he thinks about those events.

Jerami...tell us?

I do believe that the coming of the Messiah the Prince did come as Gabriel said that he would.  Also Jesus did come again when he said that he would. Two events, the rapture is another diffrent event and Jesus standing on the mt sion yet another event then the 1000 years and then the last battle.  I could be wrong and maybe not. The point is to not assume interpretation.

Well i'm not a believer, but I think that what you believe is really beautiful. I hope it comes true for you. Because what I believe is that everybody in the end gets or receives  what he's looking for. smile

Many years ago I read a series of books by Jane adams that described unknown realities that spoke a lot about that concept. to be honest I am not sure, that may not be as much of a contradiction with scripture as some think

2. goodfriendiam profile image59

me to tantrum

5. Jerami profile image59

And I am very slow on this computer I'm going to get behind again. I don't to push or ignore anyone I do want everyone to think about a few things. Like I said I'm. new to all of this excuse me if my etticate isn't right.

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my computer is slow too. if it helps any, my parents believe these to be seperate events.

HI! smile what are those separate events?

6. profile image0

Very intersting Jerami...very intersting indeed. yea I have a bad habit of assuming things in life.

We all do. the logical conclusion is still an assumption to a lesser degree

1. profile image0

That is very true. I wish we didn't assume things...a lot of times it gets us in trouble.

And Tantrum I liked your post that was really sweet of you. smile

7. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Every religion or belief has its good things. One has to be true to oneself.What I can't stand is people trying to convince others of their creeds in a very agressive way, as some people in this forum. It's a shame !

1. profile image0

I agree with you Tantrum. I'm not one to shove my beliefs down anyones throat. I would rather learn about other ppl's beliefs.

8. profile image0

Do you remember what those books are called? I would like to look them up please, Jerami smile

Her name is Jane Adams she wrote them around 1950. They were found in the ocult section of the Library. They didn't seen at the time to be that contradicting to scripture but the church thought so.  And Tantrum I agree with you though some people that chaim to stand by faith on the bible I will push them a little to actually read it with out their own interpretations in controll

1. profile image0

The occult section huh? I'm in that section a lot! Yes I love that section...does that make me a bad Cathlic? lol I'm more of an open minded Cathoulic by the way

As I said earlier I am computer illiterate. How do you stay on the link and be able to see when someone posts without having to loop around and come back on here.

3. tantrum profile image59

I will check those books. Thanks Jerami. I went to your profile and I see you have very interesting hubs. I'll check them tomorrow and will leave comments on them.

Thanks they are the result of many years of attempting to uninterpret everything interpretation that I have been taugh all my life.

So they will be very interesting !!!!smile

I think you might like it. It will be like no other "interpretation" you have read. You will see where I get my crazy ideas from.

I gotta get up in about 5 hours so good night all

sweet dreams !! smile

2. profile image0

Good night Jerami...and thanks for the intersting books.

Good morning have had my coffee and have a few minutes before i'm off to work. That was so long ago, one was "The Unknown Reality" I think. She wrote 5 or 6 I think. They were about all kinds of issues Dreams, what they meant, how to consciously get into them and be a participant. She said that there is an alternate reality going on all around us that we can not see, kinda like the spirit world that the bible talks about. I found all of her subjects interesting. I think that the most important thing that I learned is that we should at least learn about  other points of view before we quickly reject them and remain stuck in the our own "little" concept of reality. I found the books about the dream world most interesting and perhaps the most dangerous. Well sun is about up and I gotta go to work. Later.

I most definitely agree with the woman, about alternate reality, but I would like to think of it more as it doesn't exist, (feels like it exist, sometimes so intense), and this leads us to do the things we do. for it is all the empty words we have been feed, meaningless, building an imagine r thick wall that we "feel" can't be penetrated.  Having no clue how to escape the dream like state, we fight it, or we conform to it, not understanding that we just need to stand in the face of it, not moving to run or conform, and let the falseness of it Know (gently I might add) that we know it is not reality and watch as it goes away. I would like to read her books on dreams. Well these are just my thoughts and opinions. Hope you can sifter what I wrote...smile...sometimes I can get on a roll. thanks

@ tantrum, you got me good last night....lol smile

2. profile image0

THANKS JERAMI!!!! I appreciate it and will definitely check them out. Definitely sounds like something I would be intersted in. Have fun at work..or try to anyways lol

9. profile image0

I actually haven't found that out myself lol I tried hitting refresh but that didn't work at all so I have no idea. Tantrum do you know?

No. I wander all the time, everywhwre. Just like God LOL!!

1. profile image0

LOL okay then I guess we have to figure out sometime...someday haha

I exit and come back in. I thought there was a shortcut someplace I'm slow enough anyway without having to run around the house to get fresh coments

10. tantrum profile image59

Good!! I'm very curious now ! smile

11. goodfriendiam profile image59
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

good night

12. tantrum profile image59

Don't! You don't know me! I can be very mean as well

I'm sorry, but can't we all. And guess what? I am still going to say what ever my heart feels to say in any given moment. I am sorry if someone has hurt you. Ya and guess what go ahead and get your damn anger out, I am a big girl and I can take it, I have had years of experience so bring it on. Dee

lol you got me wrong! Nobody has hurt me. I'm a joker, As I said hundreds of times before.  I didn't mean to be rude. Just telling you how thing are with me. That's all ! And thank you. Of course I like to be liked big_smile

1. profile image0

You always make me smile with your comments tantrum. I like you too smile scary ain't it? lol

2. goodfriendiam profile image59

well then I will laugh with you, and now that I know, I can expect to come back in here with an unknown, corky,cocky angry, weird, fun, you get the point....lol

13. tantrum profile image59

have you ever made a false assumption? It looks as you do! big_smile And this is a joke!

1. profile image0

lol...like I said I have a bad habit of assuming hehe

14. profile image0

hey goodfriend seems like we have found another person to liven up the place. hehhe

15. tantrum profile image59

lol lol .lol: 4 both of u lol

I believe the joke is on you

Of course. and on everybody. I like sense of humor. Don't get me wrong again! I'm laughing 4 and with you

Ah, but see I am just laughing, burn me once, i will remain a friend, burn me twice, and I will still remain a friend but I will be very careful ....LOL

I'm not going to burn you lol  cool

so are you going to shower me with cool water....LOL

Why ??!! Are you on fire? lol

it was fun...good night

2. tantrum profile image59

I like girls with a sense of humor !!

16. profile image0

darn...I have to get rid of my sense of humor lmao

Why? Did you also got me wrong?

1. profile image0

hehe nope that was a joke lmao

17. Luciendasky profile image59
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

yes. Many times I assume that I am right, which usually turns out to be a false assumption.

isn't that the darn est thing but at least we catch our own, rights as wrongs or is that wrongs as rights.....just teasing you...lol

18. profile image0

okay peeps I'm off to bed. I'll chat with you all more tomorrow. behave yourselves hehehe

19. tantrum profile image59

I'm sorry!! I couldn't resist !! big_smile smile

I know I have that way about me that men just can't resist...lol big_smile

20. Sanctus Vesania profile image60

Actually Jerami, sometimes I can't even figure out what you're talking about.  I mean, for example, you claim that Christ has already returned, but haven't answered why this world has always been a piece of sh**, and if you have it's been really vague.  Then when someone offers you counter proof, you conveniently ignore it; or else you twist it so that it fits your own views.

And now you post this thread, and it looks like another "trap".  See how many responses you can get, see how many of them you can 'ignore'.

I also hope that you don't have the mindset of, "I'm 60 years old, and by default I'm smarter than people here, so that means I'm right, and everyone else is wrong."

He's not saying that at all! And if you think you're the 'smart' here, you got a lot to learn. You can begin with not being so proud and full of contemp for others, and maybe some sensible person will listen to you...sometime.

I really mean that sometimes I am a feeble minded old fart that is so slow on this thing that sometimes a whole page might go by and I just did not see a question. sometimes I just can't keep up when the thread goes so fast. sometimes I will find comments that I missed and do comment on later. Your question concerning why have there not been a 1000 years of peace on earth?  I will have to check that verse that refers to beating the weapons down  making plow shears and see which event that is being referred too. Been a long time since I have read it, or where that is? I thought it referred to after the new Jerusalem comes down???  I could be wrong.  I also believe that the scriptures say that the saints reign with Jesus (in heaven), I do not believe that Jesus comes to the earth to reign with the saints. But If heaven is on the earth I think it will be in a different dimension or an unknown reality such as the author that we were talking about last night says in her books.  But I know nothing except that I know  what I believe and that too is subject to change. Again I did not ignore anyone or disrespect anyone on perpose. I type very slow and have to sp ck everything and I fall way behing the conversations. Saying I am old is  an apology not a declaration.

21. tantrum profile image59

I think his hubs are very interesting and well written! I was surprised! you should go and have a look

stopped for lunch, canot stay long but wanted to thank you for your encouraging words

22. profile image0

Ignore that person Jerami...they are one of the ones who likes to start fights for no reason in the forums.

I did check back through the thread that he was talking about and it would have seemed like I was ignoring him. It would have make me have a emotional reaction.I would rather people did bring things to my attention if they think that I did them wrong.  Sometimes there are misunderstandings that can really mess everything up. We should all do the best we can to understand others points of view and feelings.

23. Jerami profile image59

Well back to work.. later

1. profile image0

Bye Jerami...talk to ya after work when you get back on lol

24. Sanctus Vesania profile image60

I apologize if I seem impatient then.  I suppose that I'm the opposite of you; quick typist; quick reader; and when someone doesn't answer a question right away (or answers, but in a way that makes me think they didn't really read the question) I sort of get irritable. 

I realize that I can't change your mind, only God can do that; and if for some reason I'm wrong, then you can't change my mind.  Only God can.

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
        Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay,  I can agree with you about the whole "Do NOT worship the church" thing.

1. Shaul Stein profile image59
          Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

esp. the cookies and coffee lol

25. Bibowen profile image87
    Bibowenposted 14 years ago

How about if I've made an assumption false....does that count?

1. Shaul Stein profile image59
      Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i like that lol

I made a false assumption, I thought that I would find a higher % of christians on the christian forrum   good night

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)