What would you do if someone interferes in your relationship? Would you be mad?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. nlwaters01 profile image60
    nlwaters01posted 12 years ago

What would you do if someone interferes in your relationship? Would you be mad?

Do you think its okay to be mad if you go through problems and someone from somewhere else comes in to try and break you up and tell you the other person isn't worth it? If that person loves you more than they will ever know, and they want to be with you, but yet these others tell her that you will never change and it will always be miserable, and don't let them pull you back in... shouldn't they tell them to mind their own business?  I have! My friends can tell me what they believe is best, but to tell me its not worth it is something I have to decide for myself. Am I right?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

Yes You are right. The thing is to many people get caught up in in-laws advice as well as friends advice. Drama, gossip, judgements, and this all creates illusions in the mind, fear, and end some make choices to please their family and friends more than choosing what makes them happy, and what is right for themselves.  They illustrated this concept in the fireproof your marriage movie where it showed both partners being influenced by other people and how it was actually bad for the relationship. smile

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

Although you are asking this question on hubpages you know deep down inside if the person you speak of is giving you great advice or if you would rather not listen and need for someone to cosign in order for you to hear what you want to hear.  Regardless of what anyone says here, you know what you need to do.  Only an ass would tell you that someone is no good for you when they are!  It's obvious that they are jealous and wished they had what you had or would rather see you miserable like them.......There is absolutely no one on the face of the earth that can sway me from someone once my mind is made up, especially if they are GenuinelY AwEsome!

Oooooh FYI I agree with the comment from HATTIE!  It never fails....people's words most of the time are spewed just to set you up!  I believe you should only adhere or food for thought those who have consistently had your best interest at heart!  Not with their mouth but with their actions

Vonda G. Nelson

4. profile image54
    James Gregposted 12 years ago

I would accept such kind of advice only from my friends and then also I'm not forced to implement what they have said. Other than that if anyone else tries to do it they will be receiving a heavy blow.

5. Nefarious_Misery profile image59
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 12 years ago

Your friends are doing this to you?? Man, I thought that's what mother in laws are for!

6. overcomeshyness profile image61
    overcomeshynessposted 12 years ago

I have no problem with sincere advice that is in my best interest, but I do have a problem with persuasive meddling in relationships. No one should be trying to talk anyone into any kind of decisions.

7. soconfident profile image72
    soconfidentposted 11 years ago

I would be mad, because what I do with my girlfriend is not your concern.

8. Diane Woodson profile image59
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

When a couple has some problems and others find out about it it is usually a recipe for problems to accelerate into mountains. I would be mad, yes spit fighting as they say in the South....I think yes you should tell those who throw in their opinions to stay our of it, to respect you as you work through your issues. If a couple is really strong, nothing can break them up, I am sure of it.
    When you have problems the stressors are ever present in magnitude so as to cause the problems to be bigger than they have to be. I believe you can work anything out if you love your partner and that you both work together to keep others out of your personal relationship, that is yours and yours alone.

9. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

I would look at my relationship with the person trying to break us up.  I mean I think advice is one thing, but not deciding whether or not we should be together.  But, I also think you should be careful what type of information you share.  And if you can't talk about it with your mate and work it out, then why are you with them.  Also, we should not let outsiders influence our decisions.  I think it's fine to listen to their thoughts, but you should ultimately make the decision on your own.  Sometimes, people try to "help you along by ending your relationship" because they are lonely and unhappy being single and want misery in their company.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)