When you have a challenging day what helps you stay grateful for the blessings i

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. StayPos profile image75
    StayPosposted 12 years ago

When you have a challenging day what helps you stay grateful for the blessings in your life?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5369876_f260.jpg

2. legitimo profile image39
    legitimoposted 12 years ago

I talk to God and say I know you didn't bring me this far for nothing,.Then my positive thoughts kick right back In.

3. fitmindbodysoul profile image60
    fitmindbodysoulposted 12 years ago

Regardless of what is thrown my way, I know that it is merely a stepping stone, something that was placed before me to teach me, PUSH me and inspire me to be a better ME. I believe that God doesn't give us fear, we have learned that along the way. We must always understand that whatever comes our way, we may not be capable of changing it or understanding it at that particular time, but everything is done for a reason. I believe in Living life as it comes day by day, learning from all experiences throughout my day, and staying positive through it all. Some say I am too nice and positive, but it is far too time consuming  if I become upset about something that may come my way. There is always a solution but we must understand ourselves in order to grasp the situation and in turn find a solution or an alternative. Be strong, patient, and always keep hope alive. God is here to teach us, guide us, and instill greatness in us all to pass along.
    I wrote my quote I use daily which is PUSH. This motivates me, inspires me, and helps me understand that I am only capable of so much. Have faith in yourself and when the day is done, feel great about what you have accomplished. We must change the way we think in order to change the way we live.
    Dee smile

4. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

There is nothing in my life, that has ever, made me feel refreshed, youthful, renewed, like the laughter of a very young child. 

There is no hate, no worry, no pessimisim, in a happy little tot.

No thing............in my experiences matches that.   NO thing.

5. Whidbeywriter profile image82
    Whidbeywriterposted 12 years ago

I talk to God and trust his Holy Spirit to help me get through the challenge. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is with me, and if I keep an attitude of faith, an answer will come and it will pass. Usually a lesson is involved and I am a stronger and better person for going through the challenge.  I am so very thankful for all He has done in my life - the rest of my life will be filled with Praise and worship for all He has done.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 12 years ago

everyday I look at what I have and what others dont this helps me to see how lucky iam i count my blessings daily because I think a thankfull heart makes a happy soul

7. Cloverleaf profile image97
    Cloverleafposted 12 years ago

Oh Staypos, your question is so relevant to the challenging day I had today!  I am so grateful to my mum for being there for me today, she is one of a kind and is a pillar of strength to me in times of need.  It also helps me to surround myself with positive people, such as yourself and many other supportive hubbers.  Seeing your question posted here today helps me to realize that other people have challenging days, too.  By sticking together and helping each other we can surely be grateful for all the blessings in our lives.

8. rsusan profile image67
    rsusanposted 12 years ago

This is such an important question to think about, StayPos. I have been more or less housebound with a debilitating illness for 32 years. I decided a long time ago that while I can't choose my circumstances, I CAN always choose my reaction to the situation I find myself in.

I try to focus on what my challenges teach me, such as patience, perseverance and endurance. These are huge gifts to be grateful for. There is always value in challenges, if we are open to learning.

I have also learned to pay attention to and take intense pleasure in the small 'miracles' around me. Some days it is seeing a colorful rainbow. It may be touching beautiful, downy feathers my brother brings back from a walk. It can be the Cape Francolin trusting me enough to come and eat from my hand, or the surprise of a deer in the garden...

Being aware of and enjoying these small pockets of pleasure help me to remember how much I have to be grateful for, in spite of pain and other daily challenges. But, it is a conscious choice I make every single day with the help of my Heavenly Father.

9. Urban Blink profile image61
    Urban Blinkposted 12 years ago

On a spiritual level I remember that our God is an Awesome God and that I've had challenges before and He has always seen me through. 

On a here and now level, I ask myself what will this challenge mean to me in a year.  If the answer is nothing, I immediately try to let go of any stress about it.   

And if it's a extra challenging day, I call my mother to hear her loving supportive voice and she always says something funny that will make me laugh.

10. profile image52
    michelegoldsteinposted 12 years ago

My belief that everything happens for an reason and that there is a lesson in every challenge. I live in gratitude, in my mind and my heart, for everything that I have, everything that I am and everything I will become. Challenges lead me to what I will become if I understand and learn the lessons.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)