Where do you write your Hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Daisy Mariposa profile image72
    Daisy Mariposaposted 12 years ago

Where do you write your Hubs?

Are you able to write your Hubs in a quiet place, uninterrupted by other people and undisturbed by noises coming in from outdoors?

2. Alucard_1990 profile image64
    Alucard_1990posted 12 years ago

Usually I write mine over the course of many days in various environments. Sometimes I write a little bit at work, a little bit more at home, and a little bit when I visit my folks. I wish I could actually write something in one sitting!

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I usually get something going in my mind first.  I get an idea and then a few key phrases.  Then I sit and write at my desk in the living room.  My kids are grown so there isn't much distraction.  Of course that is usually when my husband wants to chat but that's okay.

4. Jlbowden profile image85
    Jlbowdenposted 12 years ago

Usually I get very little interuption when writing my hubs. I have an area of my home that is fairly quiet. My desk with writing tools including my laptop are there. It is important for me and many other writer's I assume to have total quiet and concentration when working on an article. If it gets too noisy at home, because of neighbors dogs etc...then I will head off to my local library to complete my work.

Jl

5. Vinaya Ghimire profile image79
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years ago

As long as I'm in a mood to write I don't care about place. Sometimes I write when I'm in a coffee parlor or in a restaurant, even in a bar. I find myself very creative during the late evening.

6. starstream profile image42
    starstreamposted 12 years ago

Always at my computer.  The ideas in my mind have to brew for a couple of days though before I begin writing.

7. Felixedet2000 profile image56
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

I write my hubs when my minds is filled with lots of tips and advice, at times it comes when i am not at home or in the office, in such cases, i note down every point bit by bits.

8. ThePracticalMommy profile image90
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

The drafts of my hubs are composed as one child is climbing over me and the other is talking my ear off... wink I usually wait until the kiddos are napping before I sit in a quiet space and do some work. When daddy comes home, I often retreat to a quiet place in the house to finish and publish my hubs.

9. Joelipoo profile image77
    Joelipooposted 12 years ago

I usually just randomly think of ideas and make a note of it in my phone, so I won't forget.  Then the idea begins to brew in my head before I ever begin writing it down.  Usually I turn the radio on, sit in my bed, put my computer on my lap, and just begin to write.

10. profile image0
    Emerald Strachanposted 12 years ago

I just tell my fiance not to bother me. I have trained myself to block out external noise. I guess years of martial art training and yoga has help me to focus. As I write this he he playing music but it doesn't bother me.

11. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

I usually write mine out in a notepad late at night. Then in the morning, when my husband has gone off to work, I write them out on the computer. So mine are usually written to the sound of my husband's snoring, lol.

12. msviolets profile image80
    msvioletsposted 12 years ago

I begin writing when I have an inspiration and the time/ability.  I try to finish them off when the house is relatively quiet.  I have a few that were started in quiet, but then mayhem broke loose and I feel they never quite hit their potential.  Those get a revision or two before I publish.

13. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 12 years ago

I start with a thought, usually when I'm in bed trying to go to sleep.  I'll write down ideas when I wake up and think about it.  Most of my writing is done in front of the computer but I do carry a notebook when we go on long rides or if I think I'm going someplace interesting but where I may have to wait and will start the process in the notebook.

14. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 12 years ago

I write mine at my laptop in my home office. I am uninterrupted so get a flow going with the hub and get it done all in one sitting. I sometimes write it down first, at least the article or informative part. Noise from outdoors is not a factor for me luckily. Disturbances from indoors are not a problem either. I would imagine it could be difficult with young ones running around to be able to concentrate properly.

15. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 12 years ago

In the gym, during my boys' rest time, when I go to bed, and then on the computer!

16. Kris Heeter profile image71
    Kris Heeterposted 12 years ago

Usually in my home office while having a great outside view or sometime in the comfort of my living room:)

17. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 12 years ago

Now that I've left the world of working outside the home, I write in the hollowness of my empty nest with all the quiet anyone could want.  I have my laptop at the far end of my kitchen table, and like Kris, I gather my thoughts while watching birds in my backyard.  I have a treasure trove of half-finished novels and just started short stories from when the nest was full and I could never get anything done.  I really admire the folks who find the time and discipline to write with a houseful. That's why my first novel is set in the 90s !!!  That's when it was started.  I just finished it this year!

18. tammyswallow profile image91
    tammyswallowposted 12 years ago

That would be ideal.. but I publish mine in my living room. I have a 2 1/2 year old so I am up and away constantly to make her food, take her to the bathroom, find a toy, play, read books, do our nails, play, do her hair, you name it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I spend the day reading those I follow, pimping hubs, hub hoppers.. I do my productive work at night. What about you Daisy?

19. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image76
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 12 years ago

I write the hub in my mind when I am out in the field working. This happens when an hub idea pops up into my mind. I only structure the idea and when i get home I construct the hub in my room where the its quit and not much distraction.

20. RealHousewife profile image68
    RealHousewifeposted 12 years ago

I use my laptop in my bedroom.  I wait until everyone else is sleeping to begin writing or else the interruptions make me crazy and I can't keep my train of thought.  I do not have outside noise except for the month of Christmas when the neighbors mount a speaker on their house and blare Christmas tunes EVERY NIGHT! I would not mind it if I could not hear it through my bedroom window and I am very soon going to mount a speaker on my house and play my favorite acid rock - every day for weeks!  Maybe mix in some show tunes!

21. rlaha profile image60
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

I usually sit in the living room at my desk and write my hubs. That is the place I am the most comfortable.  Sometimes I sit on the couch with my laptop on my lap to write.  I usually need peace and quiet to write or study. Good question!

22. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

My husband and I have our computers in a room. He knows to be quiet if I am writing most of the time  I would rather be by myself        Maybe someday I will if I am lucky  I keep asking to move my computer to a quieter place. But I am fine with it now.

23. writerspavilion profile image62
    writerspavilionposted 12 years ago

No, it'snot always possible for me to write hub peacefully. I write my hubs juggling in other tasks as well:)smile

24. lady rain profile image93
    lady rainposted 12 years ago

I write my drafts at any time of the day.  When the ideas come to me at random, I put them on the computer. Then, I select the most interesting idea I had and work on it like a full-time job during the day.

25. Daisy Mariposa profile image72
    Daisy Mariposaposted 12 years ago

tammyswallow asked where I write my Hubs...

One of the bedrooms in our home is set up as an office.  I do my research and write my Hubs there. The lighting is good, and since the office is on the second floor of the house, the outside noise is minimal. The key phrase is "outside noise." My boyfriend is a college instructor. The new semester doesn't begin for two weeks, so he's home. He keeps coming into the office to talk, forgetting that I'm working. I've taken alot more breaks than usual this past week. A few days ago, he decided to clear old papers out of the files cabinets and rearrange the furniture...while I was sitting at one of the desks writing an article.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)