What are your views on interracial dating?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Meganekko profile image60
    Meganekkoposted 12 years ago

What are your views on interracial dating?

I came upon a forum while looking up nose jobs, odd enough. The forum stated that people shouldn't interracially date because it weakens the bloodline. The forum seemed a bit racist but thats their view. I on the other hand believe and support interracial dating. Well, dating of any kind as long as there is love and understanding. So what are your thoughts?

2. rlaha profile image60
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

I think that interracial dating is fine.  If someone loves another person it should not matter what race or religion they are.  I don't personally think that "weakening the bloodline" as you say, should really matter.  That's a great question though.

3. cyoung35 profile image80
    cyoung35posted 12 years ago

We all come from different backgrounds and cultures however we should never let skin color be a deciding factor on if you should date someone or not. it's the person inside that counts.

4. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 12 years ago

There's a scientific reason why interracial dating is not only okay, but encouraged:

The reason we have children, with both a father and mother, is because variety of genes HELPS preserve the species (humans) - diversity is good for us, and healthy, and what attracts us to people who have qualities we admire, that may be different than our own.

5. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 12 years ago

I think it shouldn't have a label. Dating is dating no matter who your partner is, no matter how he looks like, no matter where he comes from. There shouldn't be an "I support" or "I'm against it" Nobody has the right to judge or tell you who you're not supposed to love. That's just a bunch of nonsense. I think that by now people should have gotten over racial, sexual (etc) conflicts and discrimination or even labelling activities that all of us do such as "Interracial dating"

Racism should really vanish from people's mind, skin colour has nothing to do with a person's character or capability to love.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I have no problem with interracial dating.  As long as the two people are happy, then I am happy for them.

7. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 12 years ago

Weird how people jump from dating to having children. I tend not to end a date by getting pregnant. There sure wouldn't be a second date!

I think people should date whoever makes them happy. It's only when things get serious (like considering marriage and having kids) that you consider other issues like family, where you are going to live, etc.

8. SantaCruz profile image67
    SantaCruzposted 12 years ago

"Weakening the bloodline" isn't scientifically accurate.

Mixing diverse gene pools tends to yield more viable offspring. It's intermarriage that increases the prevalence of birth defects in countless populations. A few examples: polydactylism among the Amish, blue skin among people in Appalachia, insanity and other weirdness among European royalty, Tay Sachs among Ashkenazi Jews and cystic fibrosis among white northern Europeans. And oh yeah, total kookiness in the purebred dog my parents bought. We named her "devil dog" and literally sent her to a farm upstate.

Mutts - including human mutts - have the best chance of getting a good gene that protects against the bad.

9. juiwei2000 profile image59
    juiwei2000posted 12 years ago

That is just stupid, some people are against interracial dating, because they fear people from two significant different culture might have many problem after marriage.  But the truth is that all marriage would have certain rough beginning, because they come from two different family and individual person also have different habbit, of their own.  Some other people simple or culture simply because interracial marriage is wrong to the best of my knowledge, those cultures includes, India, Vietnam and Greek, that is just plan stupid.

10. Sonia Perozzi profile image69
    Sonia Perozziposted 12 years ago

In my humble opinion it is silly to think of  interracial in relationships at all. We are all human, it is not as if it is two different species coming together. Interracial anything is the residue of segregation, often times most about color and religion. 

The definition of Interracial - Relating to, involving, or representing different races.

Interestingly, scientists are discovering that amid all the differences and races our genes all go back to the same source...

11. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

To me, skin color is only an external frame. We are all the same underneath. I don't have any problem with interracial dating and don't think the color of skin should come into the equation at all. Like you, I found the statement you found on the website to be a bit racist.

12. delaneyworld profile image72
    delaneyworldposted 12 years ago

If you look at any living being the color on the outside makes no difference, the being underneath is the same.  I also am a firm believer that we are spiritual beings having a human experience.  We all feel, love, hope, dream, worry, etc.  Skin color means nothing.

13. Author Cheryl profile image81
    Author Cherylposted 12 years ago

Well I am interracially married and it seems that folks need to move on with their predjudice and racism.  My husband is the most loving man anyone could have.  There will always be predjudice but it really is unacceptable to think that its wrong to love another human being because of their color. Everyone deserves love no matter what color they are.

14. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 12 years ago

I think interracial dating is absolutely fine. What matters is how they complete each other. I also think that interracial couples make the most beautiful children.

15. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 12 years ago

There's nothing wrong with interracial dating.  There's something wrong with ignorance and hate though.  There's the culprit.  There are great people in every race and background. 

That being said there are also a high number of people you simple just want to avoid because of their behavior.  Pay attention to behavior, not race, and you'll be ok.

16. xethonxq profile image66
    xethonxqposted 12 years ago

I think interracial dating is absolutely fine...I don't see any problem with it at all.

17. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 12 years ago

It can't be wrong considering that some of the most beautiful and talented people are created by different races coming together.

18. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 12 years ago

Besides the fact that people should be with whoever they want to regardless of their race, it's proven that having a child with someone of a different race reduces the chances of race related genetic diseases.

Race isn't something I've ever taken into consideration when choosing someone to date. There are good people in every race, you just have to pick the right person for you. I think more and more people are starting to believe this every day.

Anyone else notice that most of the positive comments are voted down? I suspect the same person is doing it to everyone...

19. c mark walker profile image61
    c mark walkerposted 11 years ago

The oldest human remains were found in Africa. The Bible says we came from a great garden;Africa fits that description. If we are all African,why worry about interracial dating or marriage;we're all kin. Interracial people seem to excel at so many things;just ask President Obama,Tiger Woods,Jimi Hendrix or Beyonce.
    I'm considered Caucasian and I've heard white friends of mine say they would never date outside their race.....and they had "brown" eyes.

20. profile image53
    Ester Smithposted 10 years ago

Interracial dating is really beautiful. I have not seen a child of a mixed ethnicity suffer any kind of health problem just because he/she is mixed. And mixed kids are so adorable! There are millions of singles from all over the world who are interested in interracial dating. You can join them at http://www.interracialdatingpath.com

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)