What will happen to the World when Mitt Romney becomes president?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Nare Anthony profile image68
    Nare Anthonyposted 12 years ago

What will happen to the World when Mitt Romney becomes president?

2. Daxman profile image61
    Daxmanposted 12 years ago

I hate speculation in general but honestly, i think Tha Prez has a fairly good chance of a second term.

3. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 12 years ago

I am hoping very much that he doesn't become president because he lacks scruples and is very out of touch with most people.  It's tiring always having to vote for a "lesser of two evils".

4. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 12 years ago

Pretty much the same thing that's happening now.  Romney's nothing more than Obama in a more pleasant wrapper.  He stands for nothing and will do or say anything to get elected.  We're all going to hell in a hand basket and the hand basket isn't even made in this country.  Probably came from China.

5. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6281713_f260.jpg

The reason why we are forced to choose the lesser of the two evils is because of the electoral "winner take all" system. There is no such thing as '1 person - 1 vote' in the presidential system due to the outdated 3/5 compromise of the electoral system when black men were counted as 3/5 of a white man.

It seems that the only way to show "none of the above" in a no write-in vote is to - not vote at all. If nobody voted - it is no longer a legitimate government deserving formal recognition.

But if corporations are persons and money is free speech then it appears that the USA is already a rogue nation.

98% of all incumbents are re-elected - plus who ever has the most money wins. But if for some bizarre reason Rommney does win - it would fullfill the Mormon conspiracy to overthrow the U.S. Government.

WIKI: "Some Mormons contend that Joseph Smith could not have been referring to the overthrow of the United States Constitutional government, because he had earlier prophesied that the Constitution would be preserved."

1. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If nobody voted it would not be a legitimate election. It would be legitimate, but with no winner. It would then be up to the delegates to the electoral college elected at the state level to cast votes to determine a winner.

2. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Larry: See http://rangevoting.org/PresFraud.html + 2012 US Presidential election votes will be counted in Spain. Electronic voting machines, used in US elections, have repeatedly been shown by experts to be prone to fraud.

3. profile image0

Let's all make a deal to meet here next year and confirm that the world has not come to an end, regardless of who wins, and the country is still standing.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Mitt has that proverbial snowball's chance in hell of winning.

7. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

I hate to think but probably another war. More trade and less jobs. And the same results for the same solutions of years ago, we'd go backwards. The richer would get richer, and the middle class completely gone.

8. Augustinare profile image58
    Augustinareposted 12 years ago

Probably, The End of the World. I think he will tells us all to buy all the foods, to canning them, and save it up for a year.
    Joseph Smith had 15 wives, and each wife lived in a separate house but next to each others. Some of his wives only from 15-16 years old.
    Mormons and Jehovah witness really dislike each others. smile And and I bet you know why.
      btw, Jehovah witness don't allow their members to vote.
    Oh man, U.S should have banned these two cults a long time, ago.

1. ptosis profile image67

They did, that's why kept moving out of US state areas. I just don't trust a person who would truly believe because if 'Lying for the Lord" is OK - the one thing that is closest to your heart and soul then - what other BS tenets are there?

2. profile image0

You need to re-read the constitution. Freedom of religion, whether you or I like it is guaranteed. The Mormon church of today is nothing like the Joseph Smith church. That is ancient history and should not be turned into an issue.

3. ptosis profile image67

Larry - It is not ancient history, polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was convicted of child sex abuse in April 2011.

4. profile image0

I did not say that polygamy did not exist. I said it was not part of the Mormon church teachings. Every sin, transgression or whatever that has occurred before is still occurring.

9. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

I am not going to answer your question directly, but I will say, you should never assume anything in Politics.

If you have seen the picture of President Truman holding up the newspaper that says Dewey Beats Truman, you would realize that it is not over until the last vote is counted. By the way, Truman actually beat Dewey.

1. ptosis profile image67

'It's Not the People Who Vote that Count; It's the People Who Count the Votes' - Joseph Stalin

2. profile image0

Ptosis: I do not think we are at that point.

Also, I said much earlier in another question that I did not think the black and liberal democrats let Obama lose. A one term president is viewed as a failure. Obama backers do not want that label.

3. ptosis profile image67

I think we are: gerrymandering, Disenfranchisement, Vote buying (Romney primary was $12/vote) Misinformation (BS TV ads), Misrecording of votes (chad fiasco), Tampering with electronic voting machines (no paper trail!)

10. profile image48
    Hopefulformankindposted 11 years ago

IMy fear is that he will follow the LDS church agenda.  Just google white horse prophecy and blood atonement.  There are also a few websites run by ex-Mormons with eye-opening info.

It's not surprising that Mormons are so secretive about their beliefs.  If you find some of it hard to believe, you should try reading Under the banner of heaven by Jon Krakauer, who also wrote into the Wild.

11. peanutroaster profile image64
    peanutroasterposted 11 years ago

Rich white guys will give each other high fives and watch their mailboxes for their tax rebates.

The middle class will shrink until we become a country of haves and have nots. Oil and coal will be burned with abandoned and the whole society will take a giant step backwards.

12. profile image48
    chongbengposted 11 years ago

2 new Tweets
    6m  ChongBeng Lim ‏@ChongBeng
    If Mitt Romney were the new American, I am very sad to say that it would be the end of America, end of the American dream, end of the world..

1. profile image53
      AlvinMullinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And Obama is the American dream? At least Romney knows what it is.

13. profile image53
    AlvinMullinsposted 11 years ago

Whatever it is has to be better than what we have now. Unemployment at levels we haven't seen since the 40's. National Debt over 16 Trillion and climbing. The highest corporate tax rate in the world.

Basically if we stay with Obama we are headed quickly for France/Greece/Spain etc... If you like that then vote O if not then R. Its that simple.

14. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 11 years ago

For the sake of the world I hope that Romney doesn't win.

15. Cuchullain profile image59
    Cuchullainposted 11 years ago

Interesting if you look externally at the question . I believe that Mr Romney if elected to the Presidency, will initiate a strike on Iran with his old cohort Bibi Nethanyahu( Israeli PM). We may enter into a pseudo trade war with China( if his Tea Party backers hold sway). There will be a reset and re run of the Bush Jr era of massive tax cuts (for the wealthy) resulting in widening income gaps . Social issues such as Abortion/Pro Choice and Gay Marriage will be fought out more publicly in Federal Courts . Russia will take a more hostile stance , judging by Mr Romney's obsession with re-fighting the Cold War. The Islamic extremists will have a new hawkish American leader to help refocus their propaganda and recruiting . All in all it will be interesting to say the least ;-)

16. wba108@yahoo.com profile image78
    wba108@yahoo.composted 11 years ago

If Romney wins, there's a good chance the Senate could tilt Republican, by riding on his coatails. Look for a full court press to repeal Obamacare and across the board tax cuts. I believe the stock market will rebound significantly and the economy will quickly recover. Look for Romney reach across the aisle to simplify the tax code and roll back job killing regulations.

17. profile image50
    ebhs607posted 11 years ago

a lot of thing's will change the way obama has it is fine

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)