What makes your religious belief unique?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. wayseeker profile image86
    wayseekerposted 12 years ago

What makes your religious belief unique?

2. amanthkr01 profile image68
    amanthkr01posted 12 years ago

Religion for me is the belief which provides me the peace of soul. I dont believe in Hinduism, Christianity or any other religion. Biggest religion for me is humanity. Going into the Church or Temple is not a religious belief for me, instead serving a needy human is the real religious deed in my opinion.
    God for me is the soul present inside me and other humans.

3. medicinefuture profile image58
    medicinefutureposted 12 years ago

what imparts uniqueness to religious beliefs are the religious symbols and ceremonies associated with that religion.Every religion is unique in but  itself.These symbols and ceremonies are not true religion.True religion is realization of self and the service of humanity.

4. kwade tweeling profile image82
    kwade tweelingposted 12 years ago

I don't know that I can call my beliefs unique. I don't follow any organization, cult, coven, or doctrine of any kind. I do not take stock in any organized religion. I feel that letting others tell you what to believe is one of our biggest problems in the world today. I believe every religion has value. Lastly, I believe every religion is correct; from it's own point of view.

5. profile image0
    mcals71posted 12 years ago

I have looked at most of the major religions of the world, and in fact I'm very fond of the Hindu holy man called Sri Ramakrishna, and I find the Advaita Vedantas absolutely mind blowing. I've also read some books on Zen Buddhism with very keen interest. Having said all that, I find that my religious beliefs in Christianity have been strengthened by the fact that no other religion has a Savior who loved me so much that he willingly gave His life so that when I die I can be with His Father and my Father. Why wouldn't everyone appreciate that is a mystery to me.

6. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 12 years ago

My beliefs are not unique at all -- and I'm okay with that.  I believe what I believe in the hopes that my beliefs are true.  Being the only one to think so makes it far less likely. (and yes, I know: logically, 1,000,000 people believing that a chair is a door does not make it a door.  On the flip side, the empirical observations of 1,000,000 people that a chair provides the form and function of a chair does, in fact, make it a chair.)

That was an intensely wordy answer, and I apologize for any head-explosions that result from it.

7. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 12 years ago

Because I have produced my own beliefs. It is mostly Christian, however, I have added a few side commentaries based off of scientific findings. If Christian's simply ignore scientific findings, there are flaws and problems with their theory. So by morphing the two to combine together, there is less room for flaw and a higher probablility for possibility.

8. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 12 years ago

I don't think that I am Unique because I have met people who have similar beliefs...I believe in Love and Peace, I believe in principles to sustain decent way of life, healthy relationships and order... I just don't believe that going to a place of worship is necessary. Sometimes, church competitions replace worldly competition, sometimes and more. I really have a very rich, healthy spiritual life, learn everyday and grow every day, I just don't believe that being part of a group is necessary to validate my "goodness". They often come to me with that same repeated speech with God and Jesus Christ that I do know and it sounds like everybody got formatted and repeats the same things without thinking because thinking as been put in a box. It is scary how it sounds the same other and other and rarely a personal touch or line is there.  I understand that Great need for Love and realize that to love ourselves they tell us we need to love somebody else that will return the love and make us his way... that sounds great for some and scary for others.
    I love meditating with others in an open way, but as soon as I meet some people they tell me what I have to do to be good with God and I just don't believe in that and can't stand the way some act like all knowing when your religious or spiritual knowledge and experience may be so much more, they just assume that because they are part of a group, church or organization, they have something to teach you to make you a better being!
    Condescending or ignorant, good will or show off, I just don't want to bother with that...
    I am Peace and Love, I grow and practice my good deeds and am very content in my free spirituality.

9. kess profile image60
    kessposted 12 years ago

Truth...it a strange thing you have you must have all cause it turns into a lie

10. wayseeker profile image86
    wayseekerposted 12 years ago

I am a follower of Jesus Christ.  What makes my religion unique is not unique to me, but to all those who believe that he is who he said he was and that he can do what he says he can do.  Christianity is the only religion in which the center of all things--before time even began--rests within a loving relationship:  that between The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.  Christianity is the only religion in which God so loved his creation that he was willing to become a part of it, through his son Jesus, and sacrifice him for our sake.  In my faith, the abiding power that holds throughout time and space is love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)