my articles has stolen and post to the hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Sylvester, whilst I agree that both atricles are identical, who has plagiarised from who?

I'm confused.

I'm more inclined to believe that the pharma express articles are the original but - who knows.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Have you reported this to hubpages?

3. Rik Ravado profile image88
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

Follow this link to email HubPages staff to report this

http://hubpages.com/email/help/

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you rik! I couldn't find the link to give! smile

4. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

@ sylvester carter.

Did you write the article on pharmaexpressrx.com?
    They look like they've been done by an automatic article spinner.

If you've written the article, why don't you put your name to them.

Oh. Maybe I know why.
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain … 94897.html

If you,sylvester carter, are the real author of the article send a message to the person who has published the hub asking them to remove it.

If they don't, then submit a DCMA report to hubpages management and they will remove the infringing hub.

@froggy. Apparently sylvester carter is an editor at pharma express, and he is complaining that another hubber has plagiarised the content.

Have a look at his previous forum posts, which make all sorts of accusations at hubpages management. He makes dramatic ultimatums about leaving.

Wonder why he doesn't?

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eric, call me a cynic. But there's something about how Sylvester writes and the way the articles are written that don't sit square.

That said, the articles are identicle. How is Tasmania? I believe the Bare Naked Bear is heading your way. You ready?

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, those articles look like they've compiled from fragments, or been through an article spinner or two. Not really the sort of thing to make a stand on for a plagiarism issue, I would have thought. lol

Bear on the way ?? Hmm. Didn't know about that. I'll have to prepare lol

I think he's heading for the land of Oz smile I expect he'll be a little more bearable by then. Over his addictions perhaps tongue

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

If you find that someone has copied your articles here, go here and follow directions:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#copyright

6. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

He will never get over all his new habits. smile

The bear will be headed for New South Wales as soon as I get a change to look for some new travel clothes and go to the post office.

You wouldn't think going to the post office would be such a big deal, but I am in France and explaining that this is a Teddy Bear going to a Oz, is going to be a painful experience for me and the bear. he was already violated by customs once. wink

NSW huh? Lucky bear. And is it a foreign language thing? Here it's a bit of both. If it had been up to the woman at the post office (here) Gulliver would've not only turned up anally probed but bent double.

They tried to force the poor lad into a postage stamp envelope.

I had to insist. In portuguese. I was pretty darn good big_smile

Oh and is there a chance that someone will - probe - the bear on his exit from France?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is a mixture of obnoxious French counter staff who cannot understand French that is spoken with a slightly foreign accent, the fact that no sane person would send a Teddy bear 'round the world and the need to protect me from international terrorists and drug dealers.

I have it on good authority that the packaging you used feels exactly the same as a parcel of drugs would. I will repackage. smile

Ah. Well at least we know that I'm insane now. And you're infected with my insanity. As is the next bear keeper.

And I don't know anyone with an authority on terrorism or drug packaging. I'm sooooo billy no-mates neutral

7. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I don't understand...??

So, what was this thread all about?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/19985#post319554

8. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

From reading the articles in question and Sylvester Carter's posts/hubs I would guess that he isn't a native English speaker (not from England, US, Australia etc anyway) and probably comes from the India subcontinent.  That is my hunch anyway!   

It is also backed up by the article Eric Gaudins linked to which claims the website is based in India and staffed by people who can barely speak or write English.  Also the final comment by William Smith on that same website also seems to have the writing style of someone from the Indian sub continent and surprise surprise it is the only one which portrays a good picture of the company and has been posted by someone who's only contribution is that post. 

And this is in no way a go at people from India, Pakistan etc as many of them are very good writers on Hubpages!  Was just using the fact that there is a thread between all of the articles which suggests that Sylvester Carter is potentially not to be trusted as to who is says he is (as if my suspicians are correct Sylvester Carter doesn't seem like a very Indian name).  Whilst I understand many people like to use pen-names (I myself do), making one up which appears to be a real name and then constantly saying it is your real name seems quite bad, if, as my suspicions for this member are correct, it is a completely fake name.

1. free4india profile image60
      free4indiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In India corruption is there from grassroots.  Copying and pasting articles is nothing new.  The laws are strong, but the enforcers are weak.

1. BristolBoy profile image62
        BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is something I feel I can't comment on as I have no specific knowledge of the local situation although I must admit I am surprised. 

I notice that the initial post has been removed.  I must admit since my previous post I wasn't sure whether it was all a carefully planned ruse to be able to get backlinks for the website in question, but that will be a lot of work (setting up a fake account on Hubpages etc) for what would surely be only limited benefit due to the ability to create backlinks from already created articles etc).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)