Are you pro-life or pro-choice? (Not trying to anger anyone)

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 12 years ago

Are you pro-life or pro-choice? (Not trying to anger anyone)

I have an opinion about this, but I want to hear what other people think and their reasons for it.

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I am pro-life because I believe life begins at conception.  Some of my reasoning on that comes from my faith, but also because I have children.  I can't imagine not feeling that their life began with their conception.

3. puter_dr profile image91
    puter_drposted 12 years ago

This question is not an easy one. I believe that a woman has a right to terminate a pregnancy if she decides and that woman should have access to safe medical procedures to terminate that pregnancy.
    That said, I think it is horrible when abortion is used as a form of birth control by those who are too irresponsible to take the proper precautions. I knew a woman who would engage in sex with whomever, till she got pregnant, then she would work the father for money for an abortion, and then go out and do it all over again.
    I think in cases where the pregnancy is unwanted but viable, the children should be born and placed for adoption.
    There are indeed other cases where pregnancy is not viable and now legislation is making it difficult if not impossible for a woman to get safe medical care.
    Our own state legislature has passed dozens of laws over the last 2 years, among those laws, regulating the size of the janitors closet in a facility that preforms abortions, to passing a regulation that would make it illegal for our largest medical school to teach procedures related to abortion. Unfortunately, that would also make it illegal for medical students to learn the procedure to do a routine D&C. This leading the regulating body to threaten to de-certify the med school.
    This same state drives female inmates to another state to get abortions, after the inmate has been raped by prison employees.
    I understand the zeal of the tea party in going after abortion, but the methods they are using is ridiculous.

4. profile image61
    win-winresourcesposted 12 years ago

Hi Thelife-

Among my people, we firmly believed that a fetus was viable immediately after it graduated from medical school.

-DW

5. profile image0
    Catzgendronposted 12 years ago

I am pro life however because our country has legalized it we shouldn't
    condemn those who have made that choice. By doing that, we are judging them and since we don't sit at the right hand of God, we shouldn't judge them. 

However, the life that you're carrying is a gift from God and if you have to make a choice keep this in mind, your decision is one that you have to live with the rest of your life.

6. giopski profile image59
    giopskiposted 12 years ago

From where I'm coming from I uphold laws that basically protect and promote life.  I always believe that in marriage, a commitment between man and wife must always be built up in love - the total giving of oneself to another.  That being said, TOTAL means WHOLEHEARTED and that includes the procreative dimension of marriage which is always a God-given function in which ONLY GOD has complete authority of.

7. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 12 years ago

I believe life begins with conception and ends with death, by whatever is the cause of death. What happens in a woman's body is between her and God, whether she believes in God or not. I do not believe anybody has the right to tell anyone else what to do with their body. People make their own mistakes and are answerable only to God, whether they believe in his existance or not.

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

i'm 100% pro-choice. i believe that a woman should be able to do what she wants with her own body.

9. profile image61
    ElleBeeposted 11 years ago

I am pro-life... to me this means being against abortion, the death penalty, and euthanasia/physician assisted suicide. I am pro-life because I believe life begins at conception and ends at death, and that we are called to protect it during all of that time.  I think that the whole "it's a woman's right to choose what to do to her own body" idea is a very weak argument against abortion. Saying you have the right to choose what to do to your own body might be a good argument in favor of suicide, but I think it's a terribly argument in favor of abortion - I fully agree you should have the right to do what you please to your own body, but abortion does something to someone else's body.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)