Domain name.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. prasannasutrave profile image57
    prasannasutraveposted 14 years ago

I want to start my blog with custom domain name.
    From where should i get domain name and How should i purchase it?

1. profile image49
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally I prefer www.blogger.com. I usually just get a blogger domain started first then switch it to a proper custom domain at the lowly cost of only $10, a bargain in this world of recession I say !

2. Angel Of Love profile image63
      Angel Of Loveposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        prasannasutraveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have purchased domain name.
        What steps i have to take to activate that domain name?
        Will godaddy activate it for me?
        Please guide.

1. Angel Of Love profile image63

Did you purchase web hosting with them too?  If you did, well, yes.  If you didn't, no.

2. Angel Of Love profile image63

Having a domain name registered is just the first step. 

The second step is to get someone to host your domain.  You sign up to a webhosting site and you indicate your domain name when you sign up.  After signing up, find out two (2)DNS addresses of the webhosting site, it's a number similar to "101.202.132.122". You need this info. 

Step three, go back to your domain name registrar where you purchased (actually registered) your domain, log in to your account and enter the pair of DNS addresses.

Step four, go back to your webhosting site, log on to your Control Panel and create your website.

Thank you very much for your answer but i already finished these steps and now my blog is active and i have published a post.(<snipped link>)

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

The Deja Vu is strong in here tonight!

Why don't you go back to your previous forum posts where you have asked the same question.
    And take the advice that you were given there.

Several people, including myself, have already given you good advice.
    I'm not going to waste my time giving it again.

Sheesh! This is a prime example of why people who know stuff don't respond to questions.

I am asking here the procedure to purchase domain name.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've already been given several domain name resellers from which to choose.
        Go to one of their their websites.
        Open an account. You have to provide your contact details.
        In the box labelled surname, write your surname.
        In the box labelled first name, put your first name.
        In the box labelled address, put your address.

See a pattern here?
        Then fill out the rest of the little boxes in the same way.

Then click on the "register a domain name" button and type in the domain name you want.
        If it is available, put in your credit card numbers.
        It will then be registered to you.
        Then you can connect it to your blog using the instructions that are available at your domain registrar.

It's really not rocket science.
        Over and out.

Thank you very much for your detail reply.
          This is what i required.
          Thank you once again.

3. profile image32
    564626posted 14 years ago

Search on google "" DOmain name and hosting in india"" You get results for companies offering domain name in india.

manashosting.com is one of them. You can pay money in their sbi bank account.
    also, you can buy it from yahoo. I have no idea how to make and use domains. but i am going to buy one soon.

4. Angel Of Love profile image63
    Angel Of Loveposted 14 years ago

Congrats for job well done.  I checked out the site.  It's good.

Thank you very much for your response.

Can you know,what is free product with domain name and how to use it?

I want to use photo album which i got from godaddy.What i have to do?

1. Angel Of Love profile image63

Is godaddy hosting your site?  I registered my domain with godaddy but my site is being hosted somewhere, so I'm not quite familiar with the freebies that go with it.

Thanks for reply.
          No,godaddy is not hosting my site.
          Are you not using any freebies offered by godaddy?

5. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

I left you advice and you  totally ignored my comment, you are extremely rude !

Your advice is not useful for me.I have started my blog <snipped link> you may visit.

1. garbage free profile image60
        garbage freeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you could still have said thankyou. And I doubt she wants to go see your site, somehow.

1. profile image49

Thank you, I was only trying to help him.

2. profile image49

And your blog is not useful to me and even if it was I wouldn't visit it, you are an extemely rude and ignorant man !

Thank you very much for your reply.I write my feelings you should not take it as insult.

6. imadork profile image70
    imadorkposted 14 years ago

Do some research on-line and quit being lazy!

All the research was done and started the blog <snipped link>
      you are suggested to visit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)