What do you do to help your SEO?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)
  1. cclitgirl profile image91
    cclitgirlposted 12 years ago

What do you do to help your SEO?

2. brittanytodd profile image89
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

I think the most effective things I do for SEO is using the Google Keyword Search Tool to determine my titles, keywords, and tags.  Having the right terms and phrases in your articles can make your hub very popular on Google only days after publishing.

3. findonlinejobhelp profile image60
    findonlinejobhelpposted 12 years ago

strong internal linking structure helps with your SEO.

4. BusinessAdvisorUK profile image64
    BusinessAdvisorUKposted 12 years ago

There is a lot of things you can do to help your SEO.

Number one is on site content. Make sure your content is the best it can be and structured nicely for humans to read as well as search engines.  Applying SEO to a site should make it a better user experience and making sure that it is crawl able with a good internal linking structure.

Follow up with a structured campaign to attract links and social mentions about your site and you will be well placed to do well, depending on how competitive your market is.  For my own part I have a little system I follow for each site that seems to work well for me based on getting a bit of social activity and a few low level back links.  Over a period you can build your own system based on what works well for you, however there are certain universal truths that you can and should use to your advantage.

Exciting, entertaining or informative content will attract links and social comment and boost your search engine performance. 

Hope that helps, feel free to ask more if you need a less general answer.

1. CindiRandoe profile image58
      CindiRandoeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that information, seems like you know your stuff, have followed you in the hope that you write more about this.  Would love to hear more specific stuff

5. profile image56
    wbapartnerposted 12 years ago

I do onsite and offsite SEO. First of all i do proper keyword research to find the keywords which are estimated to send good traffic throughout the year. Then, as part of the onsite SEO, i use the keyword in the title tag, URL, H1, h2 tags. Use the keyword around 2% of times in the content. Underline, bold and italicise the keyword once. In my experience, long content pages have always done well.

Then, for offsite SEO, i do article marketing and forum promotion. The second method has served me really well in sending a lot of targeted traffic. People say if you are targeting competitive keywords, then you may have to purchase high PR links. But i never understood what PR really means.

1. CindiRandoe profile image58
      CindiRandoeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmm don't understand PR?  even i know that Page Rank (PR) can pass authority from one page with a link to another.  Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure thats right

6. robertomejia profile image60
    robertomejiaposted 12 years ago

All of the answers so far help with SEO, but I will add a few more.

The first is a cliche, but an important one. Write useful quality content. Useful content will naturally attract more traffic.

Next create a link to your page everywhere you can. Most websites you become a member of allows you to create a profile. Add a link to your page in all those profiles. Bookmark your page, Tweet you page, blog about your page, add your page to Pinterest, etc. If you comment on a blog add your address where it says website. This will create links to your website.

However, the most important part of SEO is Keyword research. Like wbapartner mentioned, using keywords that attract traffic is extremely important.

Hope that helps!

7. profile image52
    watson mariaposted 11 years ago

For SEO I always hire a genuine and professional SEO service provider like Higherthan Ltd. (www.higherthan.co.uk) As they are providing the best services for SEO.

8. manmohansingh85 profile image58
    manmohansingh85posted 9 years ago

SEO means
    SEO=ranking=revenue, So wo parts are here in SEO
    1.  Onpage Optimization of website
    2.  Off page Improvisation of the website

in on page optimisation there are some  most important factor which make your website base
    1. Titles
    2. Meta Description
    3.  URL Structures
    4.   High Quality and user engagement content
    5.   strong interlinking
    6.   image Optimisation
    8.   user friendly Navigation
    9.   sitemap
    10.  Micro formats

In off page optimisation:-  these Activities we are following
    1.  Broken link building
    2.  Email marketing
    3.  Content Marketing ( Blogs and high Pr Article website like ezinearticles, Goarticles)

once you are in top, it means you achieve the milestone.

Good luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)