What would change for you if your god decided to prove it's existence clearly to

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. denkmuskel profile image61
    denkmuskelposted 11 years ago

What would change for you if your god decided to prove it's existence clearly to you?

Stretch your mind a bit, if possible. I know that whole christian religion thing is base of faith and believe but imagine this might finally happen. What would it do or mean to you?

2. vector7 profile image59
    vector7posted 11 years ago

Faith does not mean God doesn't reveal Himself to us. It means we come to Him on His terms. He has proven Himself to me over and over during my life, otherwise I'd still be lost.

What it means to me is everything, and it's why I'm devoted and loyal to Him. When Peter asked Christ to bid him to come to Jesus on the water if it was Him, Peter's first step was on faith. If Peter never stepped out of the boat then he could have summed it up to a trick...

Stepping out of the boat is the first step, and you won't believe He is real until you are walking on the water yourself. It's up to the person to step out the boat before proof is able to be given.

Faith isn't blind faith. If it were, Christ would have told people they don't need miracles, yet He told the Pharisees that if they didn't believe His words for the words sake, at least believe in Him because of the good works [miracles] He done so they could be saved.

God is my everything.. BECAUSE when I searched for Him He has proven Himself to be there for me.

And it means more than life to me.

3. glmclendon profile image60
    glmclendonposted 11 years ago

I have faith in God. Some people use their unbelief to mean disrespect. Christians do not have to do that. Nothing would change.

My faith tells me nothing would change, but everything would be confrimed.

I was uncomfortable with the writing of your question; He became you god, but He is my God. I oftent wonder why people think Christians must prove anything.

If you choose not to believe that is your business. We will pray for you and keep moving forward.

Stay Well

4. ithabise profile image74
    ithabiseposted 11 years ago

"But imagine this might finally happen." In the Christian faith if will finally happen and all, including those who now don't believe, will become believers! Even demons believe (James 2:19). But to answer the question: for the Christian, absolutely nothing would change. St. Augustine: "Faith is to believe in what you do not yet see; the reward for faith is to see what you have believed." My bet is with faith and a God who is very real beyond any doubt in my mind.

5. eternals3ptember profile image61
    eternals3ptemberposted 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure if the supreme creator of the universe, of all that exists, ever existed, and ever will exist, if He came down, I'd probably explode. Not joking. Seeing Him would probably kill a mortal.
    If I didn't die, I'd do WHATEVER he asked.

6. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

It is funny to me that you asked this question and then your description points directly to Christians.  But, I read your question again and if you say your god and then only put Christians in the description, you must be a believer as well.  So let me say my God is not just any god - He is the only God.  He is not an it's because that mean it is and there is no need for Him to prove His existence. I believe in Him; therefore He is.  I am not sure where you are going with this question.  But what is your answer?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)