What is your biggest weight loss challenge with food?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

What is your biggest weight loss challenge with food?

Which food offers the biggest road-block to your weight loss success?

2. TheLifeExperiment profile image57
    TheLifeExperimentposted 11 years ago

I don't have a specific food I guess, but I have school and work and sometimes I just need to pick up something fast that I can eat in between classes or on the road to work. A lot of the time its a sugary carb like a bagel or muffin. It wouldn't be bad if it wasn't happening that much, but I know for a fact that its definitely not doing much for my weight loss sad

Diane Woodsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your comment! The more we share the more we learn and I am sure others have the same convenience food issues!

3. pinto2011 profile image69
    pinto2011posted 11 years ago

Definitely for me 'IT IS SWEETS' that quiet often becomes a kind of obstacle in my weight loss plan.....and being a bengali - 'Rosogullas , Sandesh , Kheer , Peethas and an endless list.....!!!!!!!!!!

4. ii3rittles profile image77
    ii3rittlesposted 11 years ago

All food. lol

I have very low energy almost 24/7 and this causes me to eat, and eat, and eat. Problem is, I tend to do most of my eating at night instead of during the day which I believe is why I am struggling right now to lose weight. I eat between 1,300 and 1,700 calories a day. I try to stay below 1,400 but some days I can't stop eating. Its a horrible cycle.

I don't drink energy drinks or coffee so when I am low on energy, I turn to food.

Sorry to hear it, I am so happy because I did not gain anything over the weekend but ate dessert twice. I'm amazed. Do you eat much fruit, thats supposed to help with your energy. Good Luck!

2. ii3rittles profile image77
      ii3rittlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I actually take vitamin C everyday and a B complex. I'm mainly out of energy all the time from anxiety and panic attacks. They run me dry. I have to manage stress better.

3. PageC profile image60
      PageCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may be starving yourself, and then it's natural to binge. Starving yourself is very stressful also. Do you get enough protein and healthy fats? These will keep your energy level on an even keel. High-glycemic carbs tend to cause ups-and-downs.

5. mwilliams66 profile image60
    mwilliams66posted 11 years ago

I have the "food is love" issue.  When I am feeling sad or lonely I tend to throw myself at the fridge.  I know what I'm doing at the time, but I do it anyway.  This is usually at night when I'm thinking about things.  The next morning I feel guilty.  So unhealthy both physically and emotionally.

6. luisj305 profile image72
    luisj305posted 11 years ago

I would have to say eating to much junk food ,not sticking to a healthy food diet,I just cannot stay away from Burger King and McDonalds...I have eaten there twice just today! And we all know it only keeps you full for an hour or so..

7. vmills profile image77
    vmillsposted 11 years ago

Sweets, mostly candy.
    Every once in a while, I cave in and buy some type of pure sugar and then eat it in one sitting.

8. Barnsey profile image69
    Barnseyposted 11 years ago

While many folks might think sugary treats are the bane of dieting the truth is salty snacks can be even worse. I always battle the salt gods over my choice of snack. After drowning much of my cravings with Coke Zero I am able to bypass or just dabble in the salty snacks. Why? Salt causes you to retain water and while you may be losing weight you may not know it because of the water you're holding onto. Also, salty snacks are never wholly satisfying to me. I'll often wander back to the cabinet looking for something else. The trick has been to eat what is satisfying and drown the rest in Coke zero. What's that? It sounds like I have a Coke Zero problem? Hmm...you are probably right but since it has zero calories I am in no rush to escape this addiction just yet.

1. Betty Reid profile image60
      Betty Reidposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not bad.  I'm going to try it.

9. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 11 years ago

I love sweets!  I also love wine!  Another weakness is "healthy fats".  I let myself eat nuts, chips, salad dressing, and avocado, and then realize those items can make up have my meal's calories.

10. theframjak profile image94
    theframjakposted 11 years ago

Dealing with my weak time of the day, which occurs right when I get home from work. I am usually tired and easily eat too much if I'm not vigilant.  If I can make it through this time I'm usually okay.

11. annart profile image82
    annartposted 11 years ago

Cheese and wine (with the nibbles that go with it!).  Lots of time in France means lots of lovely cheeses to sample, lots of hospitable friends who invite us for meals which last at least half a day and which involve several wines and maybe champagne!  How can I possibly refuse such hospitality?!

Thanks Wow the meals last a half of one day? i would never get in my jeans if we did that here, a half hour to an hour meal is doing plenty of damage to my middle aged form... Cheese, I never liked til I became and adult. Pepper jack is my favorite.

2. annart profile image82
      annartposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually the meals are very drawn out and eaten slowly (because there's always a lot of conversation) so it's not as bad as it sounds.  Also, fortunately, it doesn't happen that regularly!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)