What things could you never forgive?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 11 years ago

What things could you never forgive?

Whether or not you are religious, are you the type to always forgive anything, or do you have an idea of things that you doubt that you would forgive?

2. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

Somebody intentionally doing something that would hurt my children in one way or another.  It doesn't have to be a physical assault - just someone's knowing that their actions would hurt my kids and doing it anyway.  OR, someone's unintentionally hurting my kids, discovering that they have, and not doing anything to make it right and/or apologize to them.

3. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

I used to think that i would be really mad when I find out someone lied to me..but now I don't anymore..so there is nothing I cannot forgive..Actually I do not blame anyone for anything anymore so there is nothing to forgive, really...

4. snowdrops profile image39
    snowdropsposted 11 years ago

I don't know..maybe a deep betrayal..

5. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

My internal coping mechanism allows me to forgive anything; it's just a matter of how long I'm going to be able to shake it off and forget about it. That might take a while, depending on what the offense is.

6. cruelkindness profile image64
    cruelkindnessposted 11 years ago

Only myself. 

Our expectations lead to our disappointments hence never forgiving ourselves for giving them an opportunity to let me down.

I can't expect people to react to a situation as I would.  I forgive everyone for being who they are.  I expect nothing less.

My judgment is who lets me down on occasions

Cruellkindness (Subliminally Thoughtless).

1. SidKemp profile image86
      SidKempposted 11 years agoin reply to this

May you forgive yourself, too, cruelkindness, for forgiveness is a door to transformation.

2. cruelkindness profile image64
      cruelkindnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I forgive myself  all the time only because i forget why i was angry.  Until I do it again. 

Cruelkindness (Subliminally Thoughtless)

7. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 11 years ago

I will never forgive murder. It is inhumane and vice, worse than the other petty crimes.

8. anupma profile image67
    anupmaposted 11 years ago

A person who disobeys his parents and make their life hell. I hate these type of people, as in Hindu Mythology it is said that on earth parents represent God, so if someone disrespect parents then they are disrespecting the God.

1. drdhiren profile image60
      drdhirenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

very ggod reply i am totally agree

9. profile image0
    whowasposted 11 years ago

Deliberate child abuse of any description.

Torture and murder in cold blood because of religious or political beliefs.

Multi-national companies that worship their profit margin at the expense of life.

I uphold compassion and love as the highest psychological human achievements but I don't believe in universal, unconditional forgiveness.

I don't think that cancerous cells should be allowed as much right to grow in my body as healthy ones and I think that certain things that people knowingly do render them cancerous to society.

I know it's a strong opinion but it is how I honestly feel and it's what I honestly think.

Either anything goes or the line must be drawn. You can't have your cake and eat it. Ethics demand tough decisions to be made.

I find the idea of universal, unconditional forgiveness deeply immoral and a betrayal of the innocent and the victimized.

10. SidKemp profile image86
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

There is nothing I could never forgive, but reaching that place has taken forty years of intensive inner work. I grew up very angry. When I learned my anger came from love - I got angry at those who hurt the ones I loved - I saw that made no sense. So I've spent a long time learning to love those who hurt the ones I love.

11. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 11 years ago

There is nothing that I do not want to forgive.  Sometimes I begin to get angry about negative incidents in my marriage (now ended).  I pray the anger away, and replace the negative thoughts because I know that I have forgiven even the things that I won't forget.

12. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 11 years ago

There are so many things that I would have trouble forgiving....i.e. the kidnapping, rape and murder of children; lying and betryal from someone I love and whom I thought/think loved me;  to deliberately destroy another person emotionally, etc.  There are many act that I can move pass very easily because I have learn to not take anything personally.  But things like I just mentioned, I believe, are deliberate act by people who need help and will not seek it.

Since forgiveness is for the person forgiving and not for the person being forgiven I would have to work to get there, but I would so that I can move forward

13. DeanCash profile image60
    DeanCashposted 11 years ago

It is not a good idea not to forgive because it will only make you sick. Did you ever experience to quarrel with your brother or sister then later on make friends, how do you feel?

Unforgiving can drained out your energy.

Vengeance darkens the soul.

14. MilesArmbruster profile image60
    MilesArmbrusterposted 11 years ago

I would strive to forgive anyone and everyone. I have had some incredibly hateful and nasty people in my life. My primary feeling towards them is pity, because their hatred and animosity are making them bitter people. By choosing to hold onto their hate and refusing to forgive, they harden their hearts. It is sad to see people I care about be ruined in this way. My efforts to forgive and even to be reconciled require me to pray for my enemies. This is good for me, because it reminds me that I have faults as well, and I would certainly want to be forgiven.
    If I were not a Christian, I don't know how I would be able to forgive all of these people. It is only by knowing that I have been loved and forgiven so much that I want to love and forgive others.

15. SimplyComplexLife profile image58
    SimplyComplexLifeposted 11 years ago

I could never forgive somebody for killing a loved one, aslong as it was straight up homicide. I could probably forgive somebody if it was a car accident and the person were texting or something, but it would still take a long time for me to forgive even that. I think i could forgive anybody for anything else,

16. drdhiren profile image60
    drdhirenposted 11 years ago

so many thing i never forgive but main is my insult by anybody

17. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 11 years ago

Although it would be nice to say that I could forgive anything, I am wise enough to know that the realities of modern life are not all nice, nor are all people. Murder is one thing that I could not forgive, certain betrayals, and crimes against people that can't defend themselves (victims of any age or ability) are things that I could not forgive.

While it might be thought of as good to forgive and forget, I believe that you are not able to protect yourself (or loved ones) from any future problems if you completely forget the major past offenses. As for forgiveness, that is something for yourself, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)