I feel very thirsty after meditation.I feel thirsty for many days even if I med

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. jirel profile image73
    jirelposted 11 years ago

I feel very thirsty after meditation.I feel thirsty for many days even  if I meditate just once.

I am having a problem.For example, if I mediattpate today, I wikl feel very thirsty for 2 or 3 days.If I stop meditation I wont feel thirdt anymore.I am sure it's not a medical condition.But due to this resson I don't feel like meditating anymore.The thirst is extreme.Similarly, I feel like I have to breathe more throughout the day if I mediatate the following day.The rate at which I breathe would feel like I'm not getting the required amount of oxygen.Due to this problem I don't feel like meditating anymore.It will make me thirsty and breathelessness for several days.

2. dmop profile image83
    dmopposted 11 years ago

I'm not sure what could be causing this problem, perhaps it is your meditation technique. I meditate daily; have for years and I have never experienced this kind of issue. Perhaps you could develop a technique based on quenching your thirst and cleansing your lungs for better breathing. Just a thought if you use incense you might try not using it or using a different scent. You may even try running a warm bath and meditating while in the bath with a focus on the water and its replenishing properties. I wish you good luck and good health, God Bless.

1. Francis Conol profile image61
      Francis Conolposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do experience the back pain. It is the gravitational pull that pulls down the body weight down. Better sit a sofa surrounded by flowers, plants & trees. Maximizing senses especially how life circulate this planet earth human called.

3. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 11 years ago

Hi jirel, it is common to have experiences as a result of meditation but usually they go once you've stopped.  I'd rule out any physical reasons for this, are you hydrated for example. And in line with what dmop said, rule out external factors - the room you are in, incense is not really that good for meditating as it stimulates the senses and keeps you from being more internal.  So rule out physical possibilities, eg thirst is a symptom of diabetes so get it checked.

What can happen as a result of meditation is subconscious elements start to rise to the surface.  I would start to source the feelings associated with being thirsty.  There is something there that requires clarity.  It could be associated with a samskara (scar of the mind).   A story my teacher told was to do with back pain he was having as a result of very long term meditation.  He would get up and walk around and it would go.  Then he'd go back to meditation and the pain would come up again.  It went on and on.  He was a healthy person and had no physical ailments.  It wasn't until he sourced the back pain deeper that he was able to get clarity and let it go.

Thirsty after meditating? Symptom of diabetes? Meditation can heal a mortal ill body and can heal other mortal or immortal individual that require greater knowledge even technology cannot do it with-out the existence of the one who created the tech.

4. Francis Conol profile image61
    Francis Conolposted 9 years ago

November 30, 2014
    08:20PM
    General Santos City
    Philippines

Jirel you better drink a at least one liter of water or 33.814 ounces of drinkable water. You could also be experiencing difficulty reaching the 3rd higher dimension same as i am. It is quite difficult to understand in how three universe interact with just one mortal being. One light years is twelve months in this planet that we're standing. A light travel is about 299,792,458 meters per second. You can use the swimming pool for your body to float but it require for your mortal ability to balance the planet gravity against the water including your body and the air and the last is your thoughts that is trembling before and after you got in the 3rd dimension. Ever wondering why i replied in your post? The answer is simple; the past present future can be interacted by those who reached the higher dimension and yes it is quite difficult to understand that depends in the surrounding especially here in the country of Philippines.

5. Mikil Narayani profile image64
    Mikil Narayaniposted 9 years ago

This is not really a problem. In fact problem lies within your body and when you do meditate it wakes up.
    Meditation is meant to stop all physical and mental problems by all means. May be this is the solution.
    If you will continue doing meditation and fulfilling your thirst than after few days your problem will be eradicated.
    Actually, while doing meditation your body requires a lot of oxygen. Which may not be available to your lungs at that time. So, they demand more oxygen.
    You should feel good when your lungs get sufficient amount of oxygen.
    In my opinion please don't stop meditation and your problem will be over soon.

Mikil once meditating happen, we gain more contacts in any type when we see them hear them feel them and yes some of them does not want to interact but they do sometime give gift something that will benefit both of the end someday. Replied 03/25/2015

6. celafoe profile image53
    celafoeposted 6 years ago

being as you are not a follower of Christ you are meditating on/to/about a false god that cannot supply the living water you body and soul desire, Jesus made it clear He is the ONLY source of the living water that can comfort and fulfill our needs.     Be born again and become a follower of Christ and your soul will no longer thirst.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)