Have you ever been in a relationship with anyone that you could describe as cold

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 11 years ago

Have you ever been in a relationship with anyone that you could describe as cold, evil or wicked?

Many of us have been in at least one past relationship with a person who was selfish, evil, bitter, mean and so on. They only cared about themselves, always blaming you etc, which makes you constantly ask yourself how can anyone be like that?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6366515_f260.jpg

2. TheRightWord profile image77
    TheRightWordposted 11 years ago

I have. This person was cold to the bone one minute, warm the next. Repeatedly told me I was "irrational" and "over exaggerating". He cheated and lied, then expected me to believe that I was the crazy one. Seriously, he lied about little things that didn't even matter, just to lie. It took me too long get out because I was financially dependent. One day I decided my sanity wasn't worth the small level of security and I walked out, never looked back.

I look at the situation as a HUGE learning experience. Even though I was sorely tempted on many occasions to lower my behavior and character to his level, I never did. I do not blame him for being who he is, but rather look at it as preparation for the wonderful man in my life now. I truly and finally learned to identify what I would and would not accept and that led me to understand what I want and need in a partner.

The situation could have turned me bitter, but instead I allowed it to teach me to open up further than before and my relationships with everyone are better for it. I figured I had been hurt and lived to tell about it smile

mackyiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe you, these are people are out there. They have the personality what we call an "Anti-social personality". I feel your pain. Luckily you got out!

2. TheRightWord profile image77
      TheRightWordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some of them are really very good at pretending to be one way, then turning into "bad" on a dime. Not anti-social at all, just evil and really good at manipulation.

3. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 11 years ago

I've never been in a relationship with anyone like that. I am an intuitive person and can most often see these types coming a mile away & can usually see that something is out of balance. If not through their actions, I make the effort to find out by more talking to them before even considering them as a prospect for my attention and affections.

I know other women who have been this type or dated this type. Their relationships are stressful and tortured. While every relationship has ups and downs, this is not the norm. I guess these types have been mistreated, abused, or are simply angry with the world. Why they are this way I will never know.

Lucky for you express!sometimes they are so cunning,crafty and pretentious,that it's often difficult for the average person to spot them from a distant. Definitely a personality issue!

4. Anjili profile image66
    Anjiliposted 11 years ago

The words selfish, evil, bitter, mean etc describe the character so well that their intention would surely show before they made their first move towards me. Some can be spotted through speech. This sounds warning bells before we commit ourselves to such people. The opposite of these traits endear themselves to you hence get more suitors.

We are sometimes to be blamed for allowing ourselves to be victims. Good for you,at least you are one of the very vigilant one!

5. landscapeartist profile image60
    landscapeartistposted 11 years ago

I went one step further.  I married such a man.  My first husband was cold cruel to the core.  He cheated on me constantly and smacked me around.  He never wanted to have children and whenever I got pregnant, he would beat me, throw me around until I lost the baby.  I couldn't handle Birth Control.  I was lucky with my daughter,  friends found out I was pregnant before he did and they threatened him into leaving me alone to have my baby. Then we separated.  Thank you God!

Sorry to hear this! I do believe everything you say, but such is the nature of some people, they are just outright cold,callous, and selfish. Thanks to goodness, you believed in God. What goes around will come around "Karma"!

2. landscapeartist profile image60
      landscapeartistposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah! My daughter talks to her grandfather all the time.  He hasn't seen his son in years, and doesn't really care if he ever does.  Hopefully soon, he will meet his granddaughter in person.

6. CR Rookwood profile image71
    CR Rookwoodposted 11 years ago

No, I know that such people exist but by the time they are in that space they aren't really capable of 'relationships'. So I'd say no.

I've been in some really unhealthy relationships, sure, but I always learned something from them, and eventually was able to look back and see how I contributed to the dysfunction. I honestly can look back at the people I had such a hard time getting along with and fee sad for them and for myself, and then wish us all well.

I do that every night. I pray for people who have hurt me and vice versa.

I do it for me. It works. You can care for someone and not be able to hang out with that person. That happens all the time. It can even be a family member. This is a good thing to know, even if it has to be learned the hard way.

Some people have shared some rather disturbing stories. However, the good thing,they managed to break loose.You said something rather interesting"I pray for people who hurt me..."We should all follow your footsteps!I'm yet to hear a man's response!

7. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

Yes. I married such a woman.

Typically this kind of individual would never have made it through my personalized security filters, but she had some help from the inside.

Turns out she was pumping a close relative of mine for information about me so she could stay one step ahead of me and knew what to say beforehand. This relative told her where I was going to be and told her what to say and what not to say. I was set up from the very beginning.

As soon as I married little miss "dream girl" - she let her hair down and it went all to hell.

I was the quintessential "starter husband".

Since I was hearing from just the ladies, I thought for a second that only men were the cruel, or evil ones. Thanks for sharing, I hope things are working out much better for you now. This confirms that both genders can be equally evil!

8. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

Not for long! If I'm not happy with (my choice) in a mate then I will make a change. Life is too short to be spending time with someone who is evil, wicked, and selfish towards you. Remember each of us gets to choose our own friends, lovers, and spouse. If you go to the store to purchase an apple but buy an onion instead....Whose fault is that? Staying with someone who makes you unhappy is YOUR choice when it's all said and done. No one is "stuck" with anyone. All relationships are "at will".

9. Globetrekkermel profile image64
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

Never. I guess I call myself lucky . The few that i dated,had been pretty decent and my husband is the most thoughtful man of all the men i dated. That sounds like dreamboat and unrealistic but it is true.He is not the handyman in the house that I wish him to be but I think I am too picky,Lol.The others were good too.Just different personalities but over all , all of them were very decent and I still have a soft spot for all of them in my heart.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)