What sort of computer do you own and how are you liking it?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Keith Ham profile image61
    Keith Hamposted 11 years ago

What sort of computer do you own and how are you liking it?

Hi, I'm a bit of a tech-geek. And I've just picked up a powerhouse model of a Lenovo. I know right? Low end brand? Well, some of their more expensive models are not. I'm loving it. But I'd like to know what you got and how your fairing.

2. LaThing profile image60
    LaThingposted 11 years ago

I have a Viao, and a dell. I prefer the Viao, but looking in to buying Mac Air. We have been using all the other apple products and happy with the way they work.

Keith Hamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've never used a Mac but I have used a Viao. How is it holding up for you? I hear they overheat quite a bit

2. LaThing profile image60
      LaThingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have had it for two years now, and never had a problem. I guess I lucked out smile mine does have that raised back though.

3. Keith Ham profile image61

Ah, well most I know were College students - none which really took care of theirs LOL

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I bought a MAC about 2 years ago and will never go back to PC.  It has never locked up or given me one ounce of trouble.  Everything is seamless, all downloads and updates. 

I have to say any thing Apple has always worked so well for me, iPods. iPads, iTouch and no my Mac.  I'm sold.

I heard they are pretty good, just not varied when it comes to software compatibility.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

I am using an eight year old Dell Precision 360 that is about eight years old that I have refurbished a little--more ram, Windows 7, second hard drive and it works great.

I trust people who say Apple Products are good, but they do cost more, if repairs are needed, you probably cannot do it yourself and if you send copy back and forth to other people, i.e. word documents, you have to make sure you save it in a format the other computer can read.

I will probably never purchase an Apple, because i can fix most problems that might crop up with my Dell and after eight years, six of those in an office setting, I have to say it is working well--also have dual screen monitors which is a tremendous convenience. I do not know if Apple Computers come with two video ports or if you  can add one. If you are limited to one port, that would be a major turnoff for me.

Macs can be modified in so many ways. The problem I have with them is that they are very limited. The reason they don't break down is because there simply isn't that much software for them. Its sort of like a Linux PC.

5. WebsiteConfetti profile image59
    WebsiteConfettiposted 11 years ago

I have a HP Pavilion laptop, a few years old now.   The HP is not a bad computer, but it freezes alot of time when I am browsing the net.

I have to admit, every day I wish that it breaks down so that I have an excuse to buy a Mac. It's tax time in a few weeks (in aust. anyway) so would be the perfect time to upgrade.

I had a Pavillion, it busted within 2 years on me. The computer constantly overheated and eventually to the point where one of the corners became frail from temp changes and the plastic busted. I suggest you just get yourself a mac, rather then deal.

6. Alexander Mark profile image81
    Alexander Markposted 11 years ago

I heard Lenovo is actually pretty good now. You can't always depend on price to set the standard for good or bad quality - or name brands either! My mom's Dell lasted nearly ten years. I had an HP Pavilion and it was kind of a piece of garbage (plus it had XP Media). Other than the one HP, I have always had good success with Compaq. It's actually the same as HP I believe, but the low end brand. As a writing and internet tool, it works great. Getting into graphics you can forget about it. I have CS5 and using Photoshop is not the easiest, video is not always smooth but like I said, it's low end (AMD chips and so on). I have a Compaq laptop with Vista (I reinstall the OS every year because it gets so buggy) and a Compaq Presario tower pc with 7 which I am very happy with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)