What do you think about someone on Hubpages that pays a freelance writer to writ

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

What do you think about someone on Hubpages that pays a freelance writer to write their articles?

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

Unless the person paying for content to be written says anything in public, no one will ever know that is the actual situation.  But I have friends who make their living doing that.  Some of them have tried to hire me and I decline because I'd rather be the one with the residual income.

3. suzettenaples profile image88
    suzettenaplesposted 11 years ago

Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast.  We really don't know about anyone on HP if they are the true writer or not. That is why I have saved all my notes for every article I have written.  All my articles are written by me and only me and are all copyrighted. It is a shame that those that choose to do this don't or won't learn to write on their own.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

They may write their own stuff too of course, but simply cannot produce the volume of quality  articles they need to in order to make a living. In this case choosing an author to pay to write for you too can be a practical option.

4. rachellrobinson profile image85
    rachellrobinsonposted 11 years ago

I got hired to write for someone else and post it under my account. I've done 100% of the research and the writing is all mine, but I am still getting paid because they wanted articles posted on a specific topic. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Years ago when I was just a fiction writer I was told that my fiction was great but my writing left a lot to be desired and that I should hire a ghost writer to write my novels for me. Instead of doing that I just started practicing, writing, and learning about writing. Maybe the person that you are referring to has great ideas but just cannot figure out how to get them down right. Whatever their reasons I don't personally see a problem with it.

Pamela99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

We have all certainly heard of using ghost writers for fiction novels, which is very acceptable. Being hired to write a specific article and post it under your account is also okay in my eyes.

5. mr williams profile image59
    mr williamsposted 11 years ago

That's not very smart considering most people write here to share their interests and make money. Paying someone to write content not only postpones the learning process, it also prevents them from making a profit. If they pay someone to write articles for outbound links then its another story.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Hubber still makes money, it just means they have to factor in paying someone else for the articles written by the third party. Nothing wrong with this, it is purely a business transaction, (although I have never done this personally).

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

My first thought is that they certainly have more money than I do. I guess I don't understand why someone would do that.  You would think if they join Hubpages it is because they want and need to write.  Truthfully, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

1. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here's a fun little question--why the little read down vote above.  Did I not dot my "i's" or cross my "t's"---it makes no sense.

2. Pamela99 profile image90

No idea since you didn't put up a controversial comment. There are really quite a few negatives for commenters, which I think is unusual.

7. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image75
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 11 years ago

I believe it is a normal thing. I can accept it and understand it. Lets be honest. Almost all of us (not all) do promote something. Some people promote their ability to think and write, others their success in carier writing a long profile with all their achievements. Most of us villingly or not promote Amazon, ebay and Google.Therefore I see nothing horrible to promote something to be paid for it.

Is having ads on your hubs, selling Ebay or Amazon items really the same as publishing an article under your name that you didn't write? Maybe for a very factual type of hub it is okay.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The person might be too busy to do it themselves  Several people in the past hired others to write articles for them. Some companies ask a person to create a username for them, or they create the account and ask people to write for it. Some people treat Hubpages as a business not a nice place to learn how to write.

And yes, I do do my own writing and have never been hired to write hubs for anyone else smile

As a freelance writer I have chosen not to write articles for Hubpages or Ezine but have seen them offered. I guess what bothers me is so many people put so much of themselves in their articles that over time you get to think of them as a friend.

9. Suzie HQ profile image90
    Suzie HQposted 11 years ago

Being a newbie, i can only think they are fooling themselves and demeaning the fabulous wonderful spirit that is the hubpages community and family who offer support and encouragement to novice writers.

If they were looking for some of the great relationships that tend to develop on Hubpages, I think they would do their own writing. Unless they have a huge fan base it is doubtful they are making money after paying a freelance writer.

10. Cassie Ann profile image60
    Cassie Annposted 11 years ago

I have never thought about people doing this. I write articles for pay and when I send the article, the owner has the right to do with it whatever they wish. Just never thought they may be using it on HP.

All my pages are totally my own and will continue to be. I guess I don't think it is wrong if they are including info on their hubpage that they aren't too familiar with so they pay a freelancer to research and write for them.

11. Vledoc profile image59
    Vledocposted 11 years ago

I think it is kind of weird but not necessarily wrong.  People get too caught up in trying to make money sometimes though when they might be happier doing it for themselves. For me Hubpages is becoming a fun hobby and I can't imagine paying someone else to have all the fun instead of me!

12. Elderberry Arts profile image92
    Elderberry Artsposted 11 years ago

I cannot really see the point of joining hub pages if you aren't a writer but that said as something with autism and dyslexia I sometimes have trouble verbalising what I know or think so maybe someone who the same or similar issues would chose to have someone else do the actual writing or if they were blind or had another disability that means they cannot type easily.

I truly don't think there is a totally right or wrong answer to this question. I am basically against the process as I have seen so many people bare their souls in the wonderful writing on Hubpages. I like the possible reasons Elderberry suggested.

13. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

I think paying someone to write articles is fine. I'm just not sure why you'd want to. If you have money to pay someone, there has to be more profitable ways to use that paid labor than for articles posted on a shared-revenue site like HP. The likelihood of making any money seems absurdly low doing that, and at best, you're pushing your profits out very far into the future at a low and unstable rate of return. Just seems like a super bad business model if that's all there is to it.

Also, I'm not sure where people got the idea that HP was a Kumbaya club exclusively for writers wanting to hone their craft while bathing in the waters of Utopian camaraderie. Not everyone is here to write memoir and have it lie quietly dormant and ignored by Google (even though that's pretty much exactly what I do. Sigh). HP is a business. They let anyone post stuff and take a cut for anything that gets Google love. The community is nice, but it's also comprised of only those who choose to take part in it. Many others don't. Just because they don't does not mean that those who do have the right to dictate how hub articles can be made.

14. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

I used to think it was a great idea. That was before I met this rip off merchant called Mark Ewbie.  I paid him hundreds of dollars and he created a great steaming dog pile of complete crap.

To be honest, I might as well have written it myself.

My tip is that before you pay someone check their writing.  If it is a load of up myself nonsense that a child could write, don't pay them. 

Bastard.

And this is certainly the answer from Mark that I would expect! Honesty thorough and through.

15. Mazzy Bolero profile image69
    Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years ago

Will someone please pay me to write their articles on Hubpages? I would be delighted to oblige. I will then gladly tell you what I think about them. smile

16. profile image0
    DMartelonlineposted 11 years ago

I have some hubs here that I have published on behalf of clients. They pay me to do them. When I do this, I disclose it in the hub so that people know that I wrote it for pay. The work is mine, I write under my own name and the client knows that I may earn residual income from the site.

In most cases, the hubs are similar to other hubs I have written in terms of quality and content and they are always on topics that I'm interested in anyway.  I include a link back to their site when the Hub is for them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)