Is Obama worse than Carter?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Cassie Smith profile image60
    Cassie Smithposted 11 years ago

Is Obama worse than Carter?

His foreign policy is a shambles and his domestic policy has not nursed the economy to health, provided jobs, or jump-start the economy.  We are going to look forward to higher taxes, a bigger deficit and bigger government.  I think he's more ineffective than Carter.

2. eculligan profile image67
    eculliganposted 11 years ago

The greater divide of this Country is because of his policies.  I truly don't understand why Obama is still popular.  Is it how he speaks?  Because everything he says is really false.  I think it's sad that people really like him so much.  The United States really needs to come back as a nation.  He said he would lower the deficit and wasted 6 trillion dollars creating absolutely nothing.  Apparently his approval rating right now is 10 points lower than Jimmy Carter's was at this time in his first term.  I really hope he get's voted out and America can work on fixing the real issues.

3. Conservative Lady profile image72
    Conservative Ladyposted 11 years ago

Carter was a disgrace on foreign affairs, nearly ruined the economy, and caused a gas rationing - all signs of a terrible President. Obama has exceeded Carter's rotten record and he has egomania on top of all of his failures. He is shameful - apologizing to our enemies as if that will make them want to play nice with us. Obama is to blame for the deaths of the four innocent Americans killed in Egypt yesterday as he was the guy who boasted about supporting the Arab Spring. He also promised to send the new Egyptian government billions of dollars to bolster their cause. RIDICULOUS! Obama is not Presidential in the least and amateuristic at best. I am lately wondering if he may himself have terroristic ideation against American and American values.

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So some terrorists kill an ambassador and Obama is responsible huh? I guess you supported maintaining the brutal undemocratic regimes they had then?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image91
      Georgie Loweryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What? Did the President give the order for those people to get blown up? Is it his fault that the Egyptians hated their government in the first place? My septic tank is backing up - I bet that's his fault, too. Also, I think Big Bird is a terrorist.

3. LandmarkWealth profile image68
      LandmarkWealthposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He backed a political movement that a blind person could see was being orchestrated by the muslim brotherhood.  The outcome should not be a surprise.  The same nonsense happened in the 70's..Deposed the Shah to replace him with a more violent regime

4. eculligan profile image67
      eculliganposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The president was apparently warned of the upcoming attacks.  What ashame.  We could have saved our very own.  As a Veteran, I take it to heart when any American is in danger.  This president really needs to go.  Nice Comment By the way.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The killings happened in Lybia...

6. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obviously you all would have preferred the brutal murderous dictatorships they had than a democratically elected government right? Good to know you guy's believe in democracy so much.

7. Conservative Lady profile image72
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obviously we would like a President who speaks with earnest concern and strong dissuasion against terroristic thugs who murder innocent victims. But we have a President who thinks it is more important to go hang out with the "Pimp with the Limp" etc,

4. forlanda profile image77
    forlandaposted 11 years ago

Yes.  Obama is worse than Carter.

The Carter years straddled my late high school years and my freshman college year.  When I was in high school, I was brainwashed to think that Carter was for the common people because he was a farmer.  Unfortunately, like Obama, he didn't have much experience.

As a result, the economy went down and the respect for America around the world went down as well.  Remember the Iranian hostage situation?  It took the election of President Reagan to get them out.

Obama's policy and experience are similar.  They both talk like they represent the common people.  Their policies break down people into classes and pit them against each other.  Like Carter, Obama has caused the economy to plummet, and the respect of America around the world to hit rock bottom.  Look at what just happened in Egypt and Lybia.  It reminds me of the Iranian take over of the US embassy.

What makes Obama worse is that the mainstream media is in cahoots with him.  Whatever mistakes he makes are down played or ignored by the media, and whatever actions he takes are always assumed to be for the good of the people, and not for the sake of politics.  But ever since he's been in office, all he seems to do is take vacations, play golf, do some basketball, hob nob with the elite, and most recently campaign to keep his job.

Carter, from what I recall didn't have that strong of an ally with the media.  I don't recall the media falling head over heals over Carter either.

I think that is why Obama is much worse than Carter.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 11 years ago

from a Canadian point of view, many people i talk to say Mr. Obama has brought respect back to the U.S. . personally, i think he's doing a darn good job considering all the opposition he has and what he was stuck with when he took over office.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)