Do you believe either Presidential candidate deserves your vote, or would you li

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Mr Archer profile image82
    Mr Archerposted 11 years ago

Do you believe either Presidential candidate deserves your vote, or would you like other options?

2. Sheaby profile image60
    Sheabyposted 11 years ago

There are always more than just 2 candidates.  The sad truth is that the race will always come down to Republican or Democrat.  The real question is, do we vote for the lesser of two evils, or waste a vote on another candidate that we believe in but will for sure not win?  Personally, I'm torn on the option to vote at all since the general population votes do not even count.  We are told to vote, but in reality, it's the electoral college's vote that counts, not ours.

1. Jaggedfrost profile image59
      Jaggedfrostposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The electoral collage however doesn't vote our way unless the populous give them a general mandate.  It is interesting that we have two dominant machines but then it wouldn't matter what the machines were. Look at Europe.  Different machines same #.

Sheabyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What I'm saying is that it doesn't really matter who the general population votes for, the electoral college can choose to vote the way of the population or not.  If we could break away from this reb/blue race we could get a real president.

3. Jaggedfrost profile image59

If my memory serves that is only in some stats. Most states actually have bound electorates.  If you wanted to become an activist in your state that would be a change that would happen at the local state level.

4. Sheaby profile image60

After some research, I do not believe that is correct.  The electoral colleges are set, and becoming an activist wouldn't mean anything.  For example, I'm all for voting for Gary Johnson, but the electoral colleges would never vote a libertarian in.

5. Jaggedfrost profile image59

when I am talking about a bound electoral college I am referring to the electoral college being bound to the majority vote in a state.  I was therefore stating that if a majority of your state voted lib then the lib party would choose the slate

6. Sheaby profile image60

My understanding is that the electoral colleges are not bound to vote with the majority.  I've researched this exact question, and everything that I have found states that while they usually vote with the majority, it is not required.

7. Jaggedfrost profile image59

I wonder what would happen if they ever tried to vote contrary. I cant remember it ever happening.

Jaggedfrostposted 11 years ago

In this race it seems that the question is to matter or not to matter.  The next question becomes, how to matter.   One could say that dirt flinging prevails.  What kind of dirt you are comfortable with is up to you and how much actually truth mixed in with that dirt is also up to you.  I prefer dirt when that dirt is factual and in context.  The sad fact is, as I have decided to matter, it has greatly narrowed my candidate choice.

4. AlexDrinkH2O profile image76
    AlexDrinkH2Oposted 11 years ago

Yes, I will enthusiastically support Governor Romney.  Mr. Obama is the worst president since Jimmy Carter, perhaps the worst of all time - he does not deserve reelection.

1. lone77star profile image71
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And yet Romney = Obama on every issue important to the future existence of America. War, insolvency and tyranny. Both are Corporate Party puppets. That's why the Corporate Party media won't tell you that Johnson is available in all 50 states

Enthusiastically support Romney because Obama is the worst?  Romney may be the lesser of two evils but he is still going to run this country into the ground.  Check out Gary Johnson.  A real candidate that has a proven track record.

Then someone had better get him acting lessons because he may be a better choice then most, if he can't get that across in sound bites no one cares.

5. junkseller profile image80
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

There are other options. Jill Stein (Green Party) and Gary Johnson (Libertarian) are both interesting third party candidates. In a lot if ways I think they respectively represent what the Democratic and Republican parties would be if they were actually populist parties (rather than corporate parties).

80-90 million people are unlikely to vote in the election. Many because they feel their vote doesn't count or because they are unhappy with the main offerings. What they don't seem to realize is that as a group they could elect anyone they want. The only wasted vote is the one not cast.

1. lone77star profile image71
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sad that the Corporate Party media doesn't make the third party candidates known. Covering their hidden agenda: Obama = Romney, so the election is effectively rigged in the Corporate Party's favor.

2. Jaggedfrost profile image59

That sounds very paranoid which probably means that there is some truth to it.  consider that there is a Corporate Party and A Government Party.  Both corrupt. Both hold some facts in common.

6. profile image0
    thegeckoposted 11 years ago

Gary Johnson deserves my vote, and he's getting it smile

1. Sheaby profile image60

I agree with this one 100%.  I've been doing the candidate research, and his stance on the issues is  pretty much on point with my own personal stance.  The ugly truth is that a libertarian will never be in office.  The electoral colleges won't do it

7. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Rombama and Obamney are both Corporate Party puppets.

The Corporate Party has effectively dismantled America.

We're now the new Evil Empire, attacking other countries without them attacking us. All for corporate greed and power.

Our Constitution is almost entirely gone, thanks to the treasonous actions of Bush, Obama and the script that Romney will follow. It's now illegal to protest (HR 347), and you can be locked up indefinitely without charges or access to an attorney (NDAA -- something Romney would gladly have signed).

And our economy is teetering on the edge of implosion like the WTC twin towers -- controlled demolition set up by the private Federal Reserve bank, and implemented with the help of their Congressional stooges. Somewhere between $16-30 Trillion in debt, that Balloon will Pop! Planet Earth will be toast, and America will be ground zero. Only the Bankers, other Power Elite and their Washington friends will be left standing.

Already our election process has been destroyed. Voting and Roberts Rules of Order no longer exist in either half of the Corporate Party. These short videos prove that:

RNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaXqoC4DjE

DNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmaE2Aez_XY

Wake up before it's too late. Don't be fooled like the Germans 80 years ago!

Vote Gary Johnson (like Ron Paul, for liberty and restoration of the Constitution). He's the only other candidate available in all 50 states.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)