What is your favorite (chain) restaurant for a burger and fries?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image59
    ElleBeeposted 11 years ago

What is your favorite (chain) restaurant for a burger and fries?

2. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

I like In-N-Out once in a great while. I tend to not eat burgers as much today, although I eat beef tacos. I am motivated to go to In-n-Out more so because of the fries. I wish I could drink their shakes (diabetes), yet I can if I count it as a meal.

1. profile image59
      ElleBeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

never had in-n-out, i will have to try it next time i am out on the east coast.

2. eternals3ptember profile image61
      eternals3ptemberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Its a west coast resaurant, pretty much only in California, with a few in Texas and Arizona...

3. profile image59

oh yes, i meant west coast. i live on the east coast smile

3. BSloan profile image68
    BSloanposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7350760_f260.jpg

My favorite place for burgers and fries would have to be Swensens.  They make great burgers, the thick style fries and when you order it with a milk shake, it's delicious.

1. profile image59

i've never had (or even heard of) swensens! where would i find one?

2. BSloan profile image68
      BSloanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here in the US you can find Swensens in Florida (Miami), Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, and Minnesota.  They are famous for their ice cream but make delicious burgers (old fashion kind).

3. profile image59

They sounded like they could be a Minnesota place, but happy I have several states to attempt to visit and try swensens in smile

4. Life and Luxury profile image85
    Life and Luxuryposted 11 years ago

I don't like burgers and fries for some reason. Maybe I've just never tasted them made right.

1. profile image59

possibly! i'm not typically a huge fries fan, but i definitely love a good burger.

5. helmutbiscut profile image63
    helmutbiscutposted 11 years ago

Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  Best burger I have ever tasted.

1. profile image59

They are good - I really like their cajun fries.

6. faith_love_hope32 profile image59
    faith_love_hope32posted 11 years ago

Burger King would be my favorite, I love whoppers.  Haven't had one in forever though.

1. profile image59

i always go chicken at BK honestly! but i know a lot of people who swear by whoppers.

2. faith_love_hope32 profile image59
      faith_love_hope32posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh they have good chicken too!  Depends on my mood.  Haven't had it in forever though, because I'm watching my weight.  But man I love my whoppers lol.

7. profile image0
    paxwillposted 11 years ago

It is too horrendous if I say McDonalds and White Castle?  Only because the burgers are so small.  I can barely finish eating half of a real restaurant burger.

1. profile image59

not at all! and yes their burgers are definitely much more portion friendly.

8. CWanamaker profile image94
    CWanamakerposted 11 years ago

Wendy's and In-N-Out are great places to get some tasty burgers and fries.  Some of the Diner style restaurants in my area such as 5'N Diner and Johnny Rockets also have great burgers as well.  However, Red Robin has to be my favorite place to get a burger.

1. profile image59

I agree - like those you mentioned, but really like Red Robin!

9. mvillecat profile image69
    mvillecatposted 11 years ago

Well, we recently have found 5 Guys Burgers and it is great. We don't have one in our city, so, in that case I would have to go with Burger King.

1. profile image59

A city near me got 5 guys not too long ago and I agree it was soooo good when I tried it! I love their cajun fries!

10. pagesvoice profile image73
    pagesvoiceposted 11 years ago

I agree with helmutbiscuit regarding Five Guys. The restaurant chain doesn't allow freezers, so the burgers are made fresh every single day. The fries are made from sacks of potatoes that are in clear sight. I'm so glad these guys finally moved north from the D.C. area up here because they are super.

1. profile image59

yes they are definitely very fresh, which i also quite like!

11. Trish303 profile image72
    Trish303posted 11 years ago

I love Steak and Shake. They are so good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)