What one piece of knowledge, if shared, would change the world?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Born2care2001 profile image71
    Born2care2001posted 11 years ago

What one piece of knowledge, if shared, would change the world?

If you could offer one piece of knowledge to the world what would it be and how would it change how we live for the better?

2. lifetips123 profile image55
    lifetips123posted 11 years ago

I believe sharing "ideas" change the world. Ideas are always the basement of every success.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Peace...... If any had the knowledge to accomplish this the world would change immensely.

Born2care2001posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering J! How would you personally offer peace?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought you meant "IF?"

4. connorj profile image68
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7380954_f260.jpg

Quite simply, it is this; that when we die (physically) we are far from dead, the journey continues, that is, if we have learned to love and embrace love.

5. Cara.R profile image65
    Cara.Rposted 11 years ago

Hello Born2care2001,
    Harm none would be my piece of knowledge to the world, it was told to me by a Tibetan Monk, along with, relieve the suffering of others. If more people practiced harming none and ending the suffering of others, the world and the people would become closer.
    It's like a good relationship, where each is there for the other, picks up the other when they fall and brings out the best in them.
    Taking that belief and expanding it beyond the immediate people we love and sharing that with the world, without our egos getting in the way, can change the world.

Hi Cara.R!
      Thank for answering! I think your monk knew something many of us need to learn! I'll give that more thought!

6. AngelWings75 profile image62
    AngelWings75posted 11 years ago

Stop the judements, the hate, the ridicule. Everyone is a human being and should be treated with the same respect as you want to be treated with. Everyone makes choices, everyone thinks differently. When the world decideds to understand this, and just love one another, it will be a better place!

7. GGEniGma profile image61
    GGEniGmaposted 11 years ago

Peace cannot be found, it has to be realized.  It comes from within.  It accepts all views that don't threaten its existence, and embraces all kinds of people.  If people actually appreciated the effects of war and murder, if they could actually feel its impact, they would realize this so much quicker.  If everyone lived for everyone else, we'd be living much richer lives for sure.

1. lifetips123 profile image55
      lifetips123posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you

8. profile image0
    SaritaJBonitaposted 11 years ago

I would share that it's our differences which makes the world great.  We should all learn to love and appreciate each other based upon our uniqueness, and individual choices and beliefs should unify rather than divide us....  How bland would the world be if we all looked, talked, acted, ate, prayed, etc. exactly the same?  That would certainly change the world, but for the better?

9. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

The cure for Aids - I think it's out there, but in order for the medical world and government to keep getting paid, I think the cure is hidden somewhere.

10. Artof4elements profile image60
    Artof4elementsposted 11 years ago

An interesting question - thanks smile!

I would say - love is the law, love under will...

The formula of our Universe is Love governed by Venus. She combines the highest spiritual with the lowest material qualities - Love materialised on Earth. Born in water, from mud, she bears the lotus.

To choose Happiness as the way of Life, one needs to train Love. Through the development of virtues the Mind whitens, the Soul becomes intoxicated with good qualities, and you start fully and deeply loving and trusting yourself and world around you. 

To read more have a look at: http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-love6

11. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

God created us in His image and likeness, and He is neither Homo sapiens nor ego.

That could change the world, if everyone understood it in its entirety. People would become more spiritual and less egocentric. And ego is the source of all evil.

It wouldn't solve all problems, because too many people cling to their ego and fear to let go. But that may be partly because they don't understand the first line fully enough.

12. calynbana profile image76
    calynbanaposted 11 years ago

To remind people that everything we do, everything we say, and everything we feel is a choice.

I think that we are too quick to put the blame on those around us, on our environment, on our parents and educators. If only we remember the very lesson we teach young children. We are responsible for our actions. Our actions have consequences.

It would mean that people would consider their behavior and words more carefully.

The phrases, "He made me do it", "She made me feel that way", and others like them really have no meaning. It would be best if we stopped thinking in a manner that gives others so much power over us.

I would also hope that when people took more responsibility for themselves it would also mean responsibility for their education. That there would be less ignorance. Too often people vomit out things they have been told, and when questioned, they have no idea what they are talking about. It is sad.

This is a very mature comment that, in my opinion, comes from experience and often not the kind of experiences we hope for but ones that make us grow! Thank you for your well thought out comment!

13. Junaid Ghani profile image70
    Junaid Ghaniposted 11 years ago

If the world needs a change, any type of knowledge can do that but If love is shared properly, it would make the world better!

14. Civil War Bob profile image62
    Civil War Bobposted 11 years ago

Do NOT eat oysters and beer the night before you have to lay down hardwood flooring while wearing carpenters overalls that act as a chimney to divert the aroma of the after effects of said dinner straight to your face!! ;{P

Glad your here Civil War Bob! I appreciate the levity, although I have to say I also appreciate not being able to partake of the complete affects of your imagery! LOL.

15. mikasse profile image61
    mikasseposted 11 years ago

I belive that positive ideas Can change Our World !! ( TO the best )
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lose your weight easily and healthy whitout stress  and unhealhty methods and  also for FREE

The First One is Be optimistic and Confident Yourself..
    (+  Get your ebook " Secrets Weight loss " For FREE  !!

www.secretsweighloss01.blogspot.com

16. Any Other Voice profile image58
    Any Other Voiceposted 11 years ago

Hmm. I wonder if any of these comments changed the world.

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding! You win Any Other Voice!
      The question was, "What one piece of knowledge, if shared, would change the world? Knowledge won't, thoughts w/o action won't, only purposeful, persevering action driven by faith.

2. Any Other Voice profile image58
      Any Other Voiceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I see. However, words and actions can be a powerful pair. wink

17. shampa sadhya profile image77
    shampa sadhyaposted 11 years ago

Teach the world the 'importance and strength of love' and see the positive difference it makes. This one knowledge, if imparted, will certainly result into goodness.

18. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

The only way this filthy ship will ever change is if people were convinced that the world was going to end...almost immediately. Some would embrace their neighbors for the first time, buy a homeless person a meal and even pay the Almighty some attention for a change.

When the rubber meets the road and people are confronted with the "great beyond"...they begin to think of their mortality and the deeds they've done or left undone. But, until that time comes...they live like heathens and hedons...hoping to eat, drink, and be merry, with little to no thought of God, decency, or truth.

19. profile image35
    Jayesefposted 11 years ago

The one piece of knowledge that if shared would impact the world for the better is that your not being around does not matter for the world. Simply put, know that you are not important for the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)