What would you do or you usually do when you are lonely?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (26 posts)
  1. ryanjhoe profile image55
    ryanjhoeposted 11 years ago

What would you do or you usually do when you are lonely?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Try not to think about it. I occupy my mind to escape the loneliness, whether it being getting on the computer, reading, listening to music, etc. Anything to occupy my mind.

1. Taleb80 profile image80
      Taleb80posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good strategy.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Tale!

3. ryanjhoe profile image55
      ryanjhoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Like keeping ourself busy.. smile

3. Cristale profile image82
    Cristaleposted 11 years ago

Read a book or write down my feelings. Watching television and utilizing the computer some times help. Even taking a walk to sort things out helps instead of being bored and lonely is great.

Sounds awesome! smile

4. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

I get a hot cup of tea, sit down in a comfortable blanket and seat, along with one of my favorite novels. They don't make me feel alone.

1. Taleb80 profile image80

I agree with you. Especially if the characters are nice.

2. ryanjhoe profile image55

Sounds nice, we do something we like or favored to avoid loneliness. smile

5. Taleb80 profile image80
    Taleb80posted 11 years ago

Mostly, you will find me reading a book, reading a hub or surfing web.

Okay, that's a great idea smile

6. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

There is a major difference between being "alone" and being "lonely". It's possible to be in a crowded room or even married and feel lonely.
    Being lonely is a "feeling" or a "state of mind" that there is no (connection) between you and other people. By constrast a person who is "alone" may enjoy their "me time". 
    People that truly feel "lonely" over a long period of time often are unwilling to take interest in others. Very often they are introverts and uncomfortable with initiating contact with others. For some people loneliness is a self-imposed prison. Maybe there are negative or stressful things going on in their lives where they (choose) to internalize their problems instead to discussing them with friends or family. This person becomes "emotionally ostracized" as they withold their issues from others. They could feel lonely in a crowd of a thousand people celebrating life.
    If I am alone I can always call friends and meet them somewhere or I can go places where people are. Personally I have no problem going out to eat alone, seeing a movie alone, sitting in a bookstore alone, taking a stroll along the beach or in park alone, shopping alone, doing some people watching while listening to music on my iPod.
    If I'm feeling (lonely) then I try and figure out why that is. In a world with Internet connections, family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers...etc more often than not when we feel lonely we are actually feeling "depressed".  The only cure I've found for depression is taking action.

I see.. thanks for sharing your experience. I think you are wonderful. smile

2. Taleb80 profile image80

Really, it is a very nice discussion.
      Thanks

7. jennshealthstore profile image82
    jennshealthstoreposted 11 years ago

I actually like the chance to be lonely sometimes. It is a chance to totally listen to yourself and figure out things going on within your own life. When I feel lonely sometimes I will occupy myself with reading, computer tv etc. but sometimes I will just  be in total silence and think.

1. jaydene profile image61
      jaydeneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes we do need to just let that feeling be what it is. If it is prolonged, I think that says we need to get out, and socialize best we can:)

2. jennshealthstore profile image82
      jennshealthstoreposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are right Jaydene. You do not want to be lonely to the point of depression. Our true happiness depends on us. We control how we feel by what we think. If your lonely get out and have a good time!!

3. ryanjhoe profile image55

Couldn't agree more! smile

8. chicagoguy profile image64
    chicagoguyposted 11 years ago

i mostly love to read books or write sometimes too ....!!

awesome! smile

9. Globetrekkermel profile image62
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

I seldom get lonely as I am always busy to have time to get lonely.If the mood hits me, I meditate and pray and try to appreciate my life and how privileged I am to have lived it. That frame of mind usually dissolves the loneliness and change my thoughts to happier and contented thoughts.

Thanks for sharing smile

10. dghbrh profile image80
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

I do always enjoy being lonely. I like to think a lot and loneliness gives me the perfect time to wear my thinking cap. I just love to do nothing and enjoy being lonely whenever i get a chance.
    Thanks you.

Thank you for sharing smile

11. Pool Of Thoughts profile image59
    Pool Of Thoughtsposted 11 years ago

Drink coffee, read my Bible, and pray.  We have five kids that we home-school and I'm never lonely unless I wake up before everyone else does.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)