How do you feel when you finish a Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (46 posts)
  1. rfmoran profile image73
    rfmoranposted 11 years ago

How do you feel when you finish a Hub?

When we finish a task we usually have an emotional response. How do you feel when you click Publish Now? Pride, relief, elation satisfaction?  How do you feel?

2. MissBrando profile image60
    MissBrandoposted 11 years ago

I feel a sense of relief and satisfaction. A little bit of excitement too!! I'm a new hubber so I guess only time will tell if my feelings will change as tim goes on. 
    Great question rfmoran!!

rfmoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks MissBrando. Welcome to HP. The satisfaction of publishing a hub is one of the benefits of being a hubber.

3. hawaiianodysseus profile image69
    hawaiianodysseusposted 11 years ago

I feel exhilarated! Felt that way with Hub #1, and I continue to feel that way almost a year later.

Maintaining the hubs has been rewarding as well. Many of mine have been idled over time, but I never give up on them. I give them a haircut, bath, buy new clothes for them, feed them well, and pray over them. When you think about it, the creative process--whether it's siring and raising children, or putting words on paper or shooting them off into cyberspace--requires responsibility and dedication. None of my hubs are idled today...and I'll do whatever it takes to see them become successful Hubsville citizens.

And a good writer devotes himself or herself to that lifelong task...

Thanks my friend. I'm almost at the one year mark, and your thoughts reflect my own.

4. Little Grandmommy profile image59
    Little Grandmommyposted 11 years ago

I'm always excited when I finish a hub because I can't wait to see what the reader response is like.

I think we all share that feeling!

5. iwriteforyou profile image58
    iwriteforyouposted 11 years ago

I feel relief and happiness. As a person that wants to help as many people as possible, whenever I can get another hub out of my head I feel a little less burdened. The happiness comes from thinking that maybe one day someone will say "I read this guy's article and it really changed my life".

You speak for many of us my friend

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

relief and wipe off sweat on my forehead. Satisfaction ... not really until i could see comments on my hubs. I feel that i need to write something that everyone like to read. Common topics are popular, Valentine's day, Women int'l day, etc.

Yes, writing what folks want to read is a big part of it. Sometimes I write of something interesting to me and I get no comments and few views.

7. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Relief - that it's finished, accomplishment - that I have one more hub, happiness - that I'm pleased with it,  wonder - about how it will be received, and anticipation - of the traffic and longevity of the hub.

Thanks Jan. I think it's like launching a new product.

8. dilipchandra12 profile image65
    dilipchandra12posted 11 years ago

I feel really very happy as and when i finish writing and publishing a hub.

Thanks for your comment my friend.

9. Rose Anne Karesh profile image69
    Rose Anne Kareshposted 11 years ago

I feel proud of myself because I'm doing something I really care about and have wanted to do for a while - write! I also feel a little nervous and hopeful - will anyone look at my hub, will anyone like it?

Thanks for your comments Rose. Yes, pride is an important part of it for a writer.

10. JaymoChronicles profile image60
    JaymoChroniclesposted 11 years ago

I only discovered this site a couple days back, and have only posted four hubs so far... They are mostly fitness and health hubs, but what is more important then writing the hub is that, it motivates me personally to go and learn more or exercise to a greater extent. So far, I like to think that my hubs have been informative and interesting, however not understanding this 0 hubscore rating yet... Feedback would be most welcome regarding this.

I know that four hubs is a weak number and not much to base a justifiable answer to this question on, but I thought I would share that publishing these hubs makes me feel motivated to do more, uplifted to be better and excited for what is to come!

Thanks Jaymo. 4 hubs in a couple of days is a great start. Welcome to HP!

2. MarieAlana1 profile image68
      MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

4 hubs in a couple of days is a wonderful start. Keep on going, but make sure you add more content to each of your hubs. A hub becomes a "stellar" hub when videos, your own pictures, and subheadings are added to it.

11. Stina Caxe profile image81
    Stina Caxeposted 11 years ago

I mostly just feel anxious to find out how well it will do and what people think about it.

Thanks Stina. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels anxious

12. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

I always feel super awesome after publishing a hub article, but when I publish a poem style hub not so much, and I will always do my best to keep improving on it all. Hub articles I actually pre-plan them to be a intense work in progress after publishing as well, but since most of my hubs are 1500+ words, which to me then begins to feel like a definite relief after that last word is typed, and publish it clicked.

This is why I feel so good when its all said and done at least since the difficult job is mostly out of the way and it becomes a first draft of sorts for me.

Good Question bro!

Thanks for your comments. I think that the longer a hub, bhe bigger the sense of completion and relief.

13. MarieAlana1 profile image68
    MarieAlana1posted 11 years ago

I feel like I have accomplished something. Then, I start looking for ways that I can backlink to the hub. You should give yourself a pat on the back each time you finish a hub.

I totally agree. A self inflicted back pat is good medicine.

14. josephbarrett profile image59
    josephbarrettposted 11 years ago

I never feel fear and conscious when I finish my hub, because I know the knowledge and information that I am sharing, that would help to its readers. Also very helpful for those who really wants to know about that topic.

Thanks Joseph. Feeling proud of what we share is an important part of being on this site.

15. jayshreepattanaik profile image39
    jayshreepattanaikposted 11 years ago

i feel very anxious to know about its status of publication and when it get published i feel very happy

Thanks Jay for your comment.

2. jayshreepattanaik profile image39
      jayshreepattanaikposted 11 years agoin reply to this

r u welcome......

16. Stachart profile image60
    Stachartposted 11 years ago

When i finish a hub, i am a little bit anxious, waiting for approval and for users interaction (views, comments, etc...)! I am really satisfied one hour after the mail confirming that my hub was published and views start increasing!

Thanks for your comments stachart. Russ

17. sonykuddi profile image40
    sonykuddiposted 11 years ago

I anxiously wait to get it approved with out any hesitation so that I can earn some money from that hub.

Thanks for your comment

18. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 11 years ago

I feel a devout sense of accomplishment. It means I have added another vignette of my life into the repository of sharing.

Beautiful way of looking at one's writing. Thanks for your comment.

19. TerryK81 profile image59
    TerryK81posted 11 years ago

Feels wonderfully accomplishing after a long days typing lol. But unfortunately my computer has been acting rather "odd" so I can but cannot work on any of my "in progress" hubs. At this comment is being submitted, it is being done so via cellphone keypad. No problem, but to do a hub I much rather want a keyboard. Hubs are fun to me. Writing is fun, and a very good release.

Thanks Terry. I hiope your computer gets better.

20. starttowinlife profile image59
    starttowinlifeposted 11 years ago

I feel really happy after my 6 hubs got approved in a week by the hubpage editors.
    But my hub score is in single digit. Can u  help me to increase my hubscore. Meanwhile i request you to read and follow my hubs regularly.

Regards
    C R Manjunath

21. JessBraz profile image90
    JessBrazposted 11 years ago

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. lol.
    That "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" is both a sigh of relief as well as a slight terror that someone will leave a terrible comment and think I'm a terrible writer. lol... Plus excitement that maybe this *just* might be the hub that finally puts me 'on the map' ..
    Happy Hubbing!

1. TerryK81 profile image59
      TerryK81posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Write for fun and as a learning experience; it's normal to want success. Do your best.

22. lissa ann11 profile image57
    lissa ann11posted 11 years ago

i love writing.,..when i get done with my hub, at times i never want to wind up my words, i feel like keep writing. once i get done i wish start writing again as writing is my obsession.

Just keep writing! get the thrill of publishing a hub and use it to motivate you to the next.

23. profile image0
    Pamdoraposted 11 years ago

Anxious?  I just published my first one today, and I got downright SCARED!

Especially because my Hubscore kept going DOWN after I published it.  I suppose that must be normal when you're new, but...smile

Welcome to HP Pam. You come from a great family. Russ Moran

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)