How far from home have you traveled ?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (28 posts)
  1. bostjanbb profile image70
    bostjanbbposted 11 years ago

How far from home have you traveled ?

2. Diana Lee profile image75
    Diana Leeposted 11 years ago

The furthest I've been is 2100 miles away when I attended an event in Olive Branch, Mississippi (The Memphis Film Festival- Gathering of the Guns) this past year. I loved the whole trip. We made good use of every minute we spent and also saw Graceland and the sights of Nashville.

3. Spongy0llama profile image82
    Spongy0llamaposted 11 years ago

I am currently further from home now than I ever have been before. I am from Nova Scotia but am now studying in Southern Germany.

4. TheListLady profile image67
    TheListLadyposted 11 years ago

Thousands and thousands of miles. I live in NYC and had the privilege of living and working in Seoul, S. Korea - over 6,000 miles away - and while there I traveled to Singapore, China, Thailand and Malaysia.

I've traveled most of the world and I must say - people have been absolutely wonderful everywhere!

5. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 11 years ago

To the other side of the world and back. I live in Australia. I have travelled to the USA. Even getting to Hawaii let alone mainland USA I travelled through a time zone. It was a cold, windy August when I left Sydney. When the door of the plane opened in Hawaii we were greeted with a blast of hot air. Yes, I had travelled from winter straight into an American heat wave summer!

6. lburmaster profile image71
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

According to a website the distance is 6144.8 miles from Houston, Texas to Bucharest, Romania.

7. M Zees profile image64
    M Zeesposted 11 years ago

International will be about 2000 something miles from Islamabad to Jeddah. Domestic is only 700 miles from Islamabad to Karachi.

8. CarolineChicago profile image77
    CarolineChicagoposted 11 years ago

Not sure which is farthest, Chicago to LA or Chicago to Miami.

9. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 11 years ago

Not quite half way around the world but it felt like it at the time. From Texas to Greece.

10. OutWest profile image57
    OutWestposted 11 years ago

12,056 km (7,491 mi).  Home in Canada to Bangkok.

11. iviskei profile image70
    iviskeiposted 11 years ago

I traveled from Colorado to Japan. Other than that I don't really ever travel.

12. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 11 years ago

I live in Birmingham, Alabama and I have been to Orlando, Florida which took 10 hours driving. It was almost 500 miles.

13. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

From New Jersey, USA to Perth, Australia.  What a journey that was!  Nearly 24 hours by plane to Sydney, then 3 days and nights across Australia on the train.   What a great country to visit!

14. maggs224 profile image78
    maggs224posted 11 years ago

I flew from England to Singapore which is over 9400 miles and it was the first time I had been on an aeroplane. The plane was not a Jet it had propellers and the flight took 27 hours.

We stopped at Istanbul and Bombay to refuel and we hit an electrical storm just before we landed in Singapore.

It was a good job that it was two years before I had to board another plane I can tell you, the experience of flying through an electrical storm was not one I would like to go through again.

I was a newly wed in 1967 only 20 years old and I had the time of my life, though it was a troubled time out in the Far East at that time.

1. Rosemay50 profile image60
      Rosemay50posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those electrical storms are so scary

15. Rosemay50 profile image60
    Rosemay50posted 11 years ago

I once went from New Zealand to the UK via Canada which is 12,210 miles no stop overs in an emergency.
    And travelled 11,893 miles  from my home in  New Zealand to the UK with no stop overs and I have done this a few times. Have also travelled from New Zealand to California, around 9,000 miles twice.
    Worst part is I can never sleep on a flight and arrive exhausted
    Who would guess travelling is my favourite passtime smile

1. kidscrafts profile image75
      kidscraftsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can totally feel your pain of lack of sleep... I am the same :-(  I am almost jaleous to all those sleeping soundly throughout the flight!

16. TheCranberryBarn profile image63
    TheCranberryBarnposted 11 years ago

My son and daughter in law were volunteers in the Peace Corps, so I went to visit them in Western Samoa.  From NYC to there is approximately 7237 miles and I live about 100 miles north of the city.  So, as the crow flies, roughly 7337 miles one way.  It was definitely a haul!  How far from home have you traveled?

17. btrbell profile image87
    btrbellposted 11 years ago

I have traveled from the US to Israel. I have also travelled to Ghana. The longest road trip was about 1800 miles from New York to Denver.

18. kidscrafts profile image75
    kidscraftsposted 11 years ago

Thousands of miles.  As a really young child, my parents left Belgium to live in Africa (Congo).  After a few years, we had to come back to Belgium and left again this time to go to South Africa.
    As an adult, I immigrate to Canada and the farthest I traveled is from Ottawa to Buenos Aires.  I can't wait to discover other corners of our beautiful planet!

Haha yes but don't you just wish someone would wake the snorers up smile

19. livelifeworryfree profile image70
    livelifeworryfreeposted 11 years ago

Love to travel! I believe that traveling is a birthright.  The furthest I've traveled is to Singapore.  I must say there is nothing like Singapore.  The city is clean. The people are pretty-awesome friendly and the food is decadent.

My next journey shall be Africa this year.

So true Singapore is one of the cleanest places I've ever seen and the people are awesome.

20. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

Thousands of miles.  I live in Kerala, and with a camp team I have travelled almost the length and breadth of India.  Out of the 28 states in India I have visited 16 numbers so far and wish to visit the rest in the near future.  Travel is really wonderful and I enjoy it too much.

21. johnr54 profile image48
    johnr54posted 11 years ago

From the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to Rhodes, Greece!  Not sure how many miles that was.

22. cebutouristspot profile image77
    cebutouristspotposted 11 years ago

Hmm so far up until Australia only  I live in the Philippines.  I did have a great adventure in Australia I went to sydney brisbane and melbourne smile

23. floating mind profile image69
    floating mindposted 11 years ago

I served six years in the US Navy and traveled around the world one and a half times visiting over thirty-five different countries.  I loved it.  For the most part, people are nice and friendly and welcoming the world over.  I do miss it.

24. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

just across the cause way. I live in Malaysia, so crossing the bridge connected to singapore is the furthest  i go. Just, 20min and i am in another country/ city/ island.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)