The Anti-Evolution Hall Of Fame

Jump to Last Post 51-69 of 69 discussions (108 posts)
  1. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

Seems to me black holes are necessary to support the big bang and expanding universe, which is necessary to support
    theory of evolution, necessary to support that the universe is progressive, which means only what we have achieved with all our progress, is of any consequence in the whole of it all. And the devil take the hind-most.

2. hubby7 profile image63
    hubby7posted 15 years ago

This sounds like an interesting discussion, so, if you don't mind, I am going to jump right in and have my say. Earlier in the discussion, Prophecy Teacher mentioned that he cannot envision, if I recall correctly, something coming from nothing. However, he added that he can envision something coming from something. On that note, I would argue that as many mystic and sages of old tell us that "God is the universe and the universe is God". Science teaches us that energy becomes matter and matter becomes energy. Being both a lover of mystical wisdom and a lover of scientific knowledge, I would tend to argue that the belief in God and the belief in evolution do not necessarily have to be in conflict with each other. You can believe in God and Evolution at the same time. As I see it, there can be no evolution without God. The two are co-joined. Evolution, of course, from my vanish point, is the subset of the major "set", God. The question that many of you are probably asking is this: How do you know that your first principle of God being synonymous with the universe is true? Answer: I don't. I tend to take the mystics and other seers having similar experience throughout the ages and throughout the world at their word. Or, as Jesus Christ put it: "Lest you be born again, you cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven". Translation: Until you have attained Buddahood or been transfigured or have experienced Cosmic Consciousness, you CANNOT and WILL NOT ever know these things. My point is that I cannot prove my first principle. On the contrary, I have to rely on the reports of others.

hubby7

3. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

We seem to be veering away from the purpose of this thread, which was to gather together great examples of anti-evolutionists' more bizarre lines of argument, stripping away the more ordinary and nowhere near as amusing actual arguments.

If you want to have a debate about evolution, start a new thread or dig up one of the old ones.

This is not a debate thread; this is an awards thread.

Anyone can make a nomination, but you must nominate someone ELSE; you can't nominate yourself.

When you nominate, suggest a score. Others are welcome to debate and dispute the suggested score. Scoring is out of 10, with a 10 representing the best possible example of an anti-evolutionist presenting an argument that actually supports evolution as though it disproves it instead.

Blatant ignorance of the mechanics of Darwinian evolution, geology and the scientific method are usually prerequisites for a good score.

Simply asserting things written in the Bible as though being in the Bible makes them ipso facto "facts" that are "true" is only worth a 1 or a 2, and generally doesn't make the grade for nominations. We are looking for 5 and above - things that make your jaw drop.

And yes, it's supposed to be fun. Don't start arguing the pros and cons of evolution in this thread. This is the spectators gallery, where we watch and enjoy, and make comment on the sport ...

Jenny

1. hubby7 profile image63
      hubby7posted 15 years agoin reply to this
  4. profile image57
    Hell N0posted 15 years ago

OOOOhhh, I got one:

If you give a million monkeys typewriters and a million years to type, would one be able to type Shakespeare's Hamlet?

No.

But their combined works could probably produce the post replies contained in this hub between silly fundies and self sure atheists.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Are you unable to read? You cannot nominate your own particular brand of garbage. Some one else has to nominate it on your behalf.

And whatever point you were trying to make got lost in your high opinion of yourself............

5. profile image57

The only high opinion I have of myself is due to my ability to annoy you.

I've gota nother wun:

If we evolved from monkies, how come there's still people like you running around?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah - personal insults. Definitely a real christian.

Demonstrating an ignorance of evolution is not enough. Although you are doing a sterling job of showing your lack of education, you cannot nominate yourself for this thread. Read the first post.

6. profile image57

They're jokes.  What would this world be without humor?

Besides, real "Christians" believe you and I are going to hell so don't call me one.

7. profile image57

OOOOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhh,  I nominate this one:

How many evolutionists does it take to buy airline tickets?

A loaded question.  They might as well just stand in front of a junk yard, wait for a couple thousand tornados to ramble through it and then they'd have their airline ready for flight.  But that's a best case senario.  They'd probably end up with some unsafe value jet DC-9 in crappy condition.

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I had to resurrect this thread for a sterling entry from one of our muslimist friends. Not sure it quite fits the qualifications, but it is so funny it is worth including.

9.5/10 big_smile

9. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

Yes, it's amusing, but you're right - to fit the qualification, the quote needs to display ignorance of the theory of evolution. Bonus points for providing evidence for evolution as though it is evidence against.

I think it should stay, though, because it's a pearler.

Human rights ... lol ...

Jenny

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Says the one more evolved. big_smile

1. Inspirepub profile image72
        Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We're all equally evolved, since we all co-exist at the same point in time ... but we should take this discussion to another thread, it's getting OT.

Jenny

10. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 14 years ago

I am confused at how many anti-evolutionists have no idea what evolution actually means...  There are no fish "changing" into lizards, and no one is saying that they are or ever could...

Did none of you ever take basic biology?

Genetic mutations happen in pretty much every generation of every species, and when one mutation works better than the other, the better one gets the chance to breed.  That is evolution.  Do you seriously have an issue with THAT??  It's irrefutable and says absolutely nothing about (for OR against) religion...

I think that the anti-evolutionists are fighting against something else entirely.

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Nobody was nominated for a long time...

Let me try this one http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/21027?page=7#post351462

Does not earn more than 5-6, but i may be wrong of course lol

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean the one about "cats have kittens, and dogs have puppies" (and so, of course, all species are completely and utterly unrelated)?  I'd give that one a 7.5.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Yeah, and the start of the post demonstrating an utter ignorance of what the word theory means. smile

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

8.6 at least.  The poster doesn't understand anything about evolution.

Ask him how a black woman has a white baby and he/she might go crazy! lol

12. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

God said let it be so
    bang there it is
    gods power moved upon the waters.
    life abounded and it evolved.
    God created man and woman
    DNA locked up tight.
    here we are.

Why does it have to be either or?

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You cannot nominate yourself, sorry. read the rules of the thread please smile

13. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

lol you guys are having too much fun. lol

14. White Teeth profile image60
    White Teethposted 14 years ago

I can't believe you are spamming Farscape...does that really sell?

15. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

OMFG!  10!!!  I don't know if anyone can top this.  That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard with regards to evolution.

16. Inspirepub profile image72

Nice nomination.

Bonus points for treating evolution and racism as equivalent ...

Jenny

17. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Impressive. I thought we had a winner before, but that is a masterpiece.

big_smile

18. Inspirepub profile image72

Not as spectacular as some previous efforts, but a solid 6/10 I'd say, based on equating accepting a hypothesis like the Theory of Evolution with religious worship, and then the whole fascinating bastardisation of stem cell research, revealing an almost total ignorance of biology.

Jenny

19. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Hi Jenny.  Where have you been.  Sorry not here to read this thread just to greet you.  But will read it in time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)