If you could change one thing...

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (42 posts)
  1. THEmikeLO profile image60
    THEmikeLOposted 11 years ago

If you could change one thing...

If you could relive one moment of your life would you decide to change something in this moment? Or would you keep it exactly the same

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 11 years ago

YES, I would decide to change something in this moment

1. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ditto

2. THEmikeLO profile image60
      THEmikeLOposted 11 years agoin reply to this

interesting, Thanks for the honesty!

3. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

You can't go back in time and change any one thing that doesn't change who you are today. Yes there are a number of things which are the worst things that I ever did. But to change them is to change everything;. for better or worst??? We will never know. 
    I kinda like what even "those" things has don to me"    who knows what might have been?   We might might like  THAT  more than what is.

Very true, you never know what could have been if something were to have happened differently.

4. wqaindia profile image37
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

What is the duration of the moment.  The moment is already lapsed.

1. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, a moment can be a very brief period of time or an exact point in time. Very good, go to the head of the class! :-)

5. shwetha123 profile image61
    shwetha123posted 11 years ago

If i get the opportunity to change something in my life then i would like to erase all the mistakes which i had done in my past.

I wish i would get that one moment...

Thank you! I find it amazing how one decision can change how we are today.

6. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 11 years ago

Tough one - if I change my decision I might loose all the beautiful things that have happened since that time, even though in hindsight the choice was not a good one.

Well, those decisions are what made you who you are today, to change them could possibly change everything! Thanks for the answer.

7. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 11 years ago

I have written a book of "What if.........?" questions.  Surely I would change something, if that were possible.  The difficulty would be one of choosing 'in which moment."  I can only visualize something which changes me, but spares the effect of the change on others.  For this reason it is more likely to be a change in my resolve to be a better me, and in doing so I would hope that any changes in others' lives would amount to positive changes also.

Great answer! I have never thought about the change in others by changing a moment of my own!

8. Rock_nj profile image89
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

I think I would change what I did during the Internet stock market bubble in the year 2000.  If I had seen that massive bubble burst and stock market sell-off coming, I wouldn't be scrounging for fractions of a penny here at HubPages.  Perhaps I'd be writing novels and interesting science articles instead.  :-)

Stay positive, keep your dreams in sight, and work toward them! If you can achieve it in your mind you can achieve it in reality!

9. asknrj profile image61
    asknrjposted 11 years ago

If one thing or moment has to be changed in life, then I would suggest that it should be that moment which could have made us a better person, a better human being as a whole. That one moment that could have made our life meaningful should be the one that needs to be considered.

http://www.asknrj.com

Beautiful answer! Everyone could always become a better person despite how wonderful they may already be!

10. Chris Neal profile image79
    Chris Nealposted 11 years ago

I would listen closer to the nagging suspicion that my wife had cancer and be more persistent about getting her checked.

Sorry to hear that. Stay positive!

11. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

That is a tough question and a good one. It is quite hard to remember every moment in your life to think of which moment to change. There is one moment in time that I probably would change just to see where it would lead from there.

At one time I thought about this question in so many different ways and came to the conclusion that no matter what moment we change, we would by God's will end up right in the same path that we are now. Things happen for a reason and we are given each moment in our lives to travel through the path we traveled to reach our destiny.

To change one moment would either shorten or expand the path we traveled to reach the peak.  It may even change our course a bit and meet more people along the way. That may be interesting to see, however I do believe that all of us on this earth are right in the place we are suppose to be.

I also believe we have in our lives the people we are suppose to. I think the path we follow at that given moment is our intuition guiding us.

So with that said, if I had the chance probably yes just to see how my path would differ traveling the journey to where I am now.

Sounds like you are a firm believer that our destiny has already been chosen and that no matter what decisions we make they will all lead us to where we are supposed to be.  I enjoyed this response! thank you!

12. ddlax profile image57
    ddlaxposted 11 years ago

no need to change anything, you might make it worse,
    You have not foreseen future, for what might have been good for you in long terms you might think was wrong in short term...

This is very true, Thanks for contributing!

13. nancynurse profile image70
    nancynurseposted 11 years ago

That is a difficult question. I believe there is no chance in life and God allows things into our lives. These things mold us into a person more like He wants us to become. If I had to make the decision as a lowly human I would have paced myself more as a young mother and hopefully not gotten sick so I could have spent more time with my children.

Very interesting insight! thank you!

14. Shyron E Shenko profile image70
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 11 years ago

I would change the things I didn't do! Yes I would do some things different.  But to choose one thing would be hard to do, maybe impossible.

I like this! i also believe I would change some of the things I didn't do.

15. Sweet Epistles profile image59
    Sweet Epistlesposted 11 years ago

I will not change anything, but will move on and accept what had happened. God has its reasons why we have to go through at some point where we committed mistakes or did the wrong thing or decision. All we need to do is to be happy and smile for what had happened because it happened and we learned lesson from anything we do, right or wrong.

Beautiful answer. As long as we learn for each decision we make it was a good decision because we have become wiser!

16. chasemillis profile image67
    chasemillisposted 11 years ago

Hmmm...nope I like life how it is. I'd probably study more for my tests in school but other than that I like life as it is. God is good, He loves us, and He sent Jesus to die for us so that we could have an eternal relationship with Him. You can't really ask for much better than that smile

I'd probably bet big bucks on all the Super Bowls or something since I know basically exactly how they ended.

Haha! Smart, make money off people in the past by already knowinf the future

17. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 11 years ago

Changes are possible in our life if we attain the courage.
    However going back and changing your life would be something everyone would have ever dreamed of.
    I would like the way I have trusted on the ones who never deserved the same and would collect fame by spending money on the needy and not the ones who only start the journey with you because they see security of themselves with you.

I would like to bring my mom back who could have guided me all the way.This is the best wish I can ever make .

There is no friendship like that of your mothers. Thank you

18. Leon Elijah profile image65
    Leon Elijahposted 11 years ago

I will change the man in the mirror...I will choose to rule over my own soul and  myself into an area of change from soul life to Spirit life.

Beautiful, become the ruler of yourself!

19. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

It is better to adapt to changes, rather than trying to change things as per our own wishes.

This is very true, thank you!

20. Diana Lee profile image75
    Diana Leeposted 11 years ago

I would chose to see this moment differently and know I did what anyone would do under the same circumstances. Regrets can eat you up if you let them and rethinking the outcome can cure the problem.

Agreed, if you choose to live in the past and analyze the decisions you have made it can eat you alive! Thanks for the input!

21. MarieAlana1 profile image67
    MarieAlana1posted 11 years ago

I'm going to have to think about that for awhile. That's a tough question.

22. Dr Nancy Kenyon profile image60
    Dr Nancy Kenyonposted 11 years ago

I'm not sure I can answer this question until the "story" ends.
    Thanks for the journey.
    God bless you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)