If I wont publish new hubs maybe 2 to 3 days what would happen?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)
  1. PaoloJpm profile image83
    PaoloJpmposted 11 years ago

If I wont publish new hubs maybe 2 to 3 days what would happen?

I am really enjoying HP community and writing new hubs. But  couple of days and in the future I may not work on my other planned hubs due to my studies. so I am really worried on what impact would it gave on me. Firstly I think on my hubscore cause it declines since the last time I published.

2. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 11 years ago

As far as your hubscore, that depends on a variety of interactions on HP. Perhaps you could devote a small amount of time each day to reading another person's hub and commenting, participating in forums, or answering questions? Don't worry about your hubscore so much because you could be publishing each day and still have it go down simply because others vote your hubs or answers down. I've not published hubs for a couple months on end but participate, read, and answer questions and this helped keep my score up.

Some days I would spend just twenty or thirty minutes doing these things and other days I would spend a couple hours or more. Also, keep in mind it's not only quantity that maintains or raises or maintains your hubscore, it's quality. Priorities in life are important. Your studies are extremely important, never let those slide. As for HP it will be here whenever you have the time and your hubscore will not drop severely in a short period of time unless you actually have hundreds or thousands of down votes for your hubs and answers.

PaoloJpmposted 11 years agoin reply to this

great! thanks, I do give maybe 30 mins interacting with others but my hubscore kept on dropping that's why I'd ask if publishing affects it

3. jennshealthstore profile image79
    jennshealthstoreposted 11 years ago

I am not exactly sure what measures they use to indicate the hubscore, but I do know that there have been time where I was not able to publish hubs for over a month and it did not make my scores go down. I really depends on the quality and views of the hubs you already have.

thank you ..still depends on others view

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

It's been over two weeks since I last published a Hub and my Hubber score has barely moved. So I wouldn't sweat it too much if you need to take a break.

maybe, What's funny is that I just took a break maybe 2 days and just published couple of poems and been active yet it still drops

5. lburmaster profile image73
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Well you might turn out like me. I haven't written a new hub for over a month and still am doing fine with my views. You just need to log in, answer questions, be active in the hubbing community.

I will thanks. I just have a big question mark on my mind cause I had been active but still kept on dropping little bit

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Probably nothing. If you are not writing, try to mingle in the community as much as possible. Reading and commenting on hubs, answering and asking questions, etc.

I've been mingling so far : -)

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I just published a hub but it had been months before that.  You'll be fine if you need to take a break. My score moves only a point or two monthly regardless of what I publish or how much I participate.  i still can't figure out how that works.

thanks. They said it depends on how active we are in the community

8. Diana Lee profile image80
    Diana Leeposted 11 years ago

I often let weeks lapse before publishing another hub.  I don't see it a big issue as far as hub scores go.  I do try to visit the sight and read, comment or answer questions to stay active everyday when I lack time to work on a hub. Just a few minutes here and there I believe helps others to find their way to your hubs. Every bit of traffic will increase your exposure to the outside world. For me, exposure is the most important reason to be here. I work a full time job and I write other places.  I'm working on a book and I'm reading constantly to find ways to improve my creativity. Time is precious. There just doesn't seem to be enough to go around sometimes. Your studies are more important.  Perhaps a hub about what you are learning about will help with both your hub score and your studies.

Yes I do use what I learned from school which I had wrote already check on my hubs you'll find it there : - ) thank you

9. wqaindia profile image38
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

PaoloJpm: How will you see your hub score going up unless and until it drops. Think if your go up from 50 to 80, it will be 60% and with another 20 to score 100 it is just 25%. What do you like 60% rise or to content with just 25% rise. However the Hub Score is all about quality and nothing to do with quantity: http://wqaindia.hubpages.com/hub/Qualit … n-HubPages

thank you man, I didn't know that, anyway, yes quality is more important than quantity. In fact, I am planning to edit all my hubs to ensure quality content. There times I get too excited and forgot to proofread them

10. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

yes, hubscore will definitely drop and traffic slow down too. Your hub earning may not be affected because you are still active in HP community.

oh thank you for answering. Unfortunately I cant earn yet cause I was rejected in my adsense

11. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 11 years ago

I realistically work on a couple hubs a week.  And have not seen much difference in my earnings.  my hubscore has dropped but I need to do other things such as leaving comments, hopping and going in the forums and answering questions

Thank you for answering.  I am now working on my 2 additional hubs for my absences if we put it that way. : - )

12. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

I go weeks, sometimes months, without adding another Hub.  I've gone weeks without doing anything on this site at all.  My HubScore has pretty much stayed somewhere in the same area plus or minus five points).  I obviously can't say what will happen to your score (or my own, for that matter) if you do or don't do one thing or another.  I do know, though, that lots of times a lot of activity (like forum posting, question-answering, and even Hub-posting) will cause an immediate drop of a couple/few points in the score before it looks like things settle out again and the score goes back up a couple of points.  I also know that following too many people in too short a time can cause a score to really drop.

I know if a person is concerned about going over or under that 75 mark it can seem as if there's more at stake; but honestly, people can't worry about monitoring their HubScore.  Just enjoy the site and do your thing in your own time.  The person who aims to write good quality Hubs doesn't usually have a lot of trouble getting/keeping their score well over that 75 (unless that person does so much community activity that he runs the risk of looking like he's "wildly participating" in the hopes of increasing his visibility on the site.

It looks to me like you've got a whole lot of community activity in a short time on your profile, so I wouldn't be surprised if your score actually goes up some if you're not active for a couple of days. (Not saying that it will - only that there's the chance it could.)   In general, people with solid quality Hubs will find that their score gets into the 80's and 90's quite quickly after the first few Hubs.  At the same time, people have driven their scores down to zero by following too many people all at once.

Something that can boost the individual score on each Hub, too, might be running a grammar/spelling checker for (sometimes) relatively minor errors/oversights in English grammar.

Your score isn't bad for someone who's only been here a few weeks.  There's a good chance it could go up without your doing much of anything other than giving yourself a little more time on the site.  The site doesn't demand all kinds of daily attention, so people can just relax and do what works best for them (as far as level-of-activity goes).

Thank you my friend. Your words truly comprehented especially there are new information you stated so thank you again. Well, I really love the HP community, I guess following so much do affect  sadly at first few days I added much anyway.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)