Why do people make different blogs?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. gags3480 profile image60
    gags3480posted 11 years ago

Why do people make different blogs?

i have so many bloggers having blogs at Hubpages, Triond, Squidoo. But why?
    Why no only 1 blog at hubpages with all my articles?
    Isn't it easy to monitor and manage?

2. Novel Treasure profile image90
    Novel Treasureposted 11 years ago

True, it would be easier to manage all on one site, but there is also positives to "not having all your eggs in one basket".

We have different blogs, and online content sites to help with backlinking, getting different organic traffic, and making money from different sites. Sometimes, one article may get no traffic on one site, but when you tweak it and put it elsewhere it gets traffic.

Diversity helps increase your traffic which ultimately leads to higher income.

1. Louise Lately profile image61
      Louise Latelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Novel Treasure - Can I ask if you use several different blogs to promote your writing?

2. gags3480 profile image60
      gags3480posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Got it. Sounds a good reason.
      So what sites would you recommend me other than HB. I tried Squidoo but it's too slow in my country. It takes ages to refresh the page.

3. Louise Lately profile image61
    Louise Latelyposted 11 years ago

I agree with Novel Treasure - if you have more blogs/websites etc. you can strengthen the traffic between these sites by crosslinking/backlinking etc. Perhaps one site suddenly sees a dip in traffic - but because you don't put all the eggs in one basket you have more alternatives to rely on if this happens. It's probably much more difficult to manage several sites but I'm sure it works for many people and proves to be a lucrative option as well.

Please recommend me some sites for that/

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

Others here have already covered some of the main reasons a lot of people write on different sites and/or blogs.  The eggs-in-a-basket thing is one of the more important reasons (in my opinion) for someone to be very careful if they're writing articles on a site (as opposed to writing on their own site or blog); because so much of what goes on with/to someone else's site is beyond the control of the writer.

Separate from all those already-mentioned reasons:  Particularly on this site, it's not all that easy to manage one account with too many Hubs in it.  I've written 400-500 Hubs, left around 330 most of the time, and recently trimmed out almost half; and it's still time-consuming and thought-requiring to manage as few as a 130 (or so).  It's a whole lot simpler and easier to manage one's own site and blog, especially if one has chosen not to add all kinds of images and other stuff to his posts.

Separate from even that, though, there are people (I'm  one) who are just the type to write and/or who have their own agenda about what would be a good thing to have online (or else, even what's only something they want to have online, whether it's "a good thing" or just something they enjoy or want or need to do.  I have all kinds of "foundations" for blogs (undeveloped blogs with plans) or sites I've set up for one reason or another (sometimes to organize, sometimes to write I feel like writing, whatever....).  I see online writing as something that's here to stay, and I make choices about what I do with my writing or ideas based on long-term plans/thinking/possibilities rather than necessarily on what gets immediate traffic today.  What gets traffic on the Internet is ever-changing and subject to ever-advancing technology; so I operate both within what might work today and what I may one day be glad that I got started today (and continued to build on) over time.   I also aim to lean most to efforts that I think will be a little more resistant to the "whims" of the ever-changing Internet.   I'm not above sacrificing short-term traffic over my own varied, long-term, aims as a writer and as a person.

Oh... and then, too, there's also the "niche factor" in a lot of cases.   smile

So what sites shall try other than HB and squidoo.

5. mahingepatrick profile image61
    mahingepatrickposted 11 years ago

Backlinking/crosslinking is one of the key reasons you should have different blogs. However, in the rush to have several blogs in order to boost traffic or whatever, one should not rush to start all the blogs at the same time. This will be tedious to manage.
    Another reason why I don't prefer to start my blogs at the same time is that I wait for pagerank of one blog to rise before I can start another blog. By backlinking my new blogs to the more established ones, this actually helps my newer blogs to rank more quickly than if I had started all the blogs at the same time.

Recommend me some sites.

6. TeamSTM profile image48
    TeamSTMposted 7 years ago

Everyone has very different views, tastes and levels of curiosity. Not to mention, each an every blog site is different. Not everyone will do things in only one manner. I miss Squidoo, they were a very simple site! Until Squidoo started changing their policies, I was content with them. Once they started acting strange, this is when I began exploring other Blog sites. This is how I found HubPages!

Everyone's story is different and people usually like to try different things, simply because we are all not the same!

7. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

You have to have different blogs/websites to show off different types of content.
    For example, you should have one blog on your books and fiction and a different one for copy writing and ghost writing services.
    There is another benefit to having different blogs and webpages referring to you and to each other - search engines rank all of the content higher when they cross link and you're mentioned on so many sources (though you control them).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)