If you could live in any other time, past, present, future, what would it be and

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. khmazz profile image70
    khmazzposted 11 years ago

If you could live in any other time, past, present, future, what would it be and why?

2. JKenny profile image91
    JKennyposted 11 years ago

I'd love to live in an age known as the Mesolithic or Middle Stone Age. I'd be a hunter gatherer in Britain just after the Ice age and just as it was in the process of breaking away from continental Europe. I'd live in the great wildwood with my extended family/tribe and spend my days foraging for food or anything else useful as well as hunting large animals. I think I'd be very happy with that as it would feel far more natural and fulfilling than the modern lifestyle.

khmazzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That was a great and imaginative answer! That is a time period that I would have not thought to consider, but the simplistic lifestyle does seem appealing! Fantastic!

2. Cristale profile image84
      Cristaleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer. I think living among nature and feeding off the land is human instinct, most of the time.

3. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 11 years ago

The future, of course, because I belong there. I am an evolved creature, impatiently waiting for humanity to move beyond its infancy. I would certainly be attracted to the positive visions of the future as shown in science fiction; molecular replicators, teleportation, elimination of global hunger and strife, all the things that make life so brutish today. I believe that if we can avoid destroying ourselves we could reach this new threshold of cultural, social and economic renewal. Isn't that exciting?

When the focus is no longer on material accumulation and the desire to over power and control one another, what will we challenge ourselves with in its stead?

I have to point out that your answer was wonderfully written and passionate! I loved it! I do feel at times I would rather have been born in the future and your response added fuel to that fire! Nicely done!

2. Rod Marsden profile image66
      Rod Marsdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Unless something is done about religion you won't get your paradise. We'll all drown in the numbers of humans infecting our planet. In the Star Trek world it took a third world war to wipe out enough humans to make a better earth possible.

4. rhondakim profile image71
    rhondakimposted 11 years ago

I would live in the future, because there are sure to be many more medical breakthroughs and quality of life improvements.  I would also love to see my niece and nephew's children/grandchildren, etc grow up!

1. Rod Marsden profile image66

Overpopulation of the planet may mean that it will be more of a struggle to be admitted to hospital. Also there are new stains of bacteria that are resistant to present day antibiotics. Seeing how your family go in the future would be something.

2. khmazz profile image70

Very interesting! There are always pros and cons to everything but I love the idea of seeming future relatives!!

5. Rod Marsden profile image66
    Rod Marsdenposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7835065_f260.jpg

I would live in 1920s Australia. An horrific world war has just come to an end. The Australian federation is still young and vibrant. We're beating the British at the Ashes in cricket. The airplane is still exciting and people like Kingsford Smith are making history with historic flights.

New exciting writers are doing new and exciting things with writing. D. H. Lawrence's novel 'Kangaroo' came out in 1923. 'Ulysses' by James Joyce was released in 1922. 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald was first published in 1925. Then there's 'The Mysterious Affair at Styles' by Agatha Christie (1920) and 'Orlando' by Virginia Woolf (1928). There's also science fiction with such writers as Edgar Rice Burroughs and H.G. Wells (yes he was still around and he was still writing in the 1930s) stirring things up.   

In Australia, USA, Britain,Germany, Italy and France silent films are developing along all sorts of lines. There are experiments with colour and also sound. Mind you the first full length film to use synchronized sound on the actual film stock won't be released until 1927.

Some of the best jazz to come out of the USA came out in this decade. Possibly the strangest yet also the most compelling forms of jazz came out of Germany at this time. Radio brought the world closer.

There were pulp magazines, ice treats in summer and packaged sweets.

In New South Wales, Australia in the suburb of Ramsgate a marvelous series of baths was created together with an eatery and a fantastic room of distorting mirrors, fortune teller machines and slot machines. There was also a wonderful aviary full of native birds. It was all still there in my youth but was dismantled in the 1970s to make way for a car park for a supermarket. What a tragedy! But to be there is the 1920s and to see it all shiny and new would be too wonderful to describe. I can still remember the banana fritters covered in icing  sugar hot from the eatery along with hot chips (this was the 1960s). Something tasty that melts in your mouth after a swim. But back in the 1920s it would have all had a certain freshness and uniqueness to it that would have been an extra delight. And Luna Park in Sydney wouldn't have been very old back then either.

I wouldn't want to be in the USA during this period because of Prohibition and the problems that caused. Other than that there's the music, the wild dances, the cars and the writing. And the pace of life would suit me very well. The only downer would be 1929 and the start of the Great Depression.

That is a great answer! Very well thought out! The 1920 would be an interesting time to be a part of for sure and Australia seems to be a fantastic place for that time period! Awesome!

2. Rod Marsden profile image66

Thanks khmazz.

6. Cristale profile image84
    Cristaleposted 11 years ago

I would have to answer with the present. It is a present because tomorrow is unknown, which may be an uncomfortable feeling, while the past is what made us who we are.

Great, honest answer! smile

7. profile image0
    buddhaanalysisposted 11 years ago

Future where i will have liberation/nirvana.

Interesting smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)