Which activity is easier according to you-----Writing a hub or promoting it?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

Which activity is easier according to you-----Writing a hub or promoting it?

2. davidlivermore profile image93
    davidlivermoreposted 11 years ago

Promoting it.

Each time I write a hub, I opening up all of the webpages I advertise to all at once.  Then I just copy and paste a link, submit it, and it's done.

Granted, I don't over advertise.  I only use Pinterest and StumbleUpon.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Many thanks for answering the question. I respect your opinion.

3. profile image0
    anndangoposted 11 years ago

Writing a hub, by far, is easier. I don't like promoting, myself or anything else. That's why I'd be a horrible sales person! I think it's just not part of my personality.

Same here---I completely agree with your views. Thanks for your opinion.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I'd rather write than promote. I suck at SEO. When I finish a Hub I throw the link up on my Facebook page and at a couple of forums I hang out on and that's the limit of my "promotion." I don't have the time or the patience to do much more than that.

SEO is so vast a subject, that everyday something new comes up. No knowledge is complete. It eats up a lot of 'Time', which is scarce for everyone. Writing, I believe is easier, because you know the subject, you are writing about. Thanks for replying

5. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 11 years ago

Although writing a hub and researching can take a lot of time, I don't find it difficult. But promoting my hubs, yes, I do find this very  hard.

You enjoy doing, what you are interested in. Therefore writing is enjoyable, even if it takes time. Thanks for answering.

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

By far promoting it. I find this very aggravating and bothersome.

Thanks for sharing your opinion here.

7. M. T. Dremer profile image85
    M. T. Dremerposted 11 years ago

I don't put much effort into optimizing my article for search engines, so writing is the easy/fun part for me. But promoting them is like pulling teeth. You could put the seeds out on one site and not see returns for months. Though, searching for copywrite infringement of your articles is even worse than promoting them.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I don't often go searching for copyright though.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89

Thanks for your response and I agree, writing is enjoyable. The promotion and searching for copyright infringement is extra burden.

8. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

By far, I prefer writing.  I really don't care for the promoting part, and I don't do it often.  I am on some FB groups, and once in a great while I will share there.  But I don't care for the spam-level of sharing.

For a while, after the 'idling' process hit the site, one particular writer here posted her poems on FB groups (and elsewhere, I believe) in droves - like five a day, every single day.  I couldn't handle that, so I unfollowed her here and unfriended her on FB - I think I may have even blocked her.  It's sad when 'promoting' gets so out of hand that it causes that reaction.

Even I find writing easier to promoting. Thanks for your reply.

9. Abby Campbell profile image74
    Abby Campbellposted 11 years ago

I'm an author, so I much prefer writing. However, it's much easier and takes much less time promoting. I promote on my Facebook profile, fan pages, and group; Pinterest; Google profile and communities; LinkedIn, and other social media. It takes me approximately 30 minutes to promote them there. However, I don't load the same hub for each of them on the same day because I may have some of the same followers in all those areas. Therefore, I keep a log of which ones I have posted in the different areas so that I don't duplicate. Though it's easier to promote and takes less time, I sometimes forget to do it. hmm

I agree writing is easier, since we enjoy it. Whereas, promoting seems like a homework on a holiday.
      Thanks for sharing your opinion.

10. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 11 years ago

I'd say the writing part is easiest. I enjoy this aspect of hubbing, and I also like publishing it and adding in images, videos and links, among other things.

I've not had the best of luck promoting my hubs, especially over the past few months. I'm not the greatest at SEO, and a lot of the methods I've tried are not very successful.

My views are the same as yours. And even I am poor at promoting my hubs. Thanks!

11. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

agree, promoting is way much easier than writing. You need to think, research , type out, takes a long time than a couple of minutes to just paste the link to promote.

Perhaps the question should have been, which activity is enjoyable to you. I agree, promoting is easier, because you just have to copy, paste the url. Thanks for answering and sharing your opinion.

12. Li Galo profile image75
    Li Galoposted 11 years ago

I think promoting is easier but I prefer and enjoy the writing more.  When I define what is easier, it's just what is faster and simpler to me.  When I write, this is a longer process.  Even if I write an article quickly, I still let it sit around a day or more so I can go back to it with fresh eyes and make changes before publishing it.  In that sense, it takes longer and is more involved.

Rightly said-----Writing is a longer process, but it is interesting to you. So, you enjoy the activity. You got my point. Thanks for answering!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)