Why did you choose your particular screen name ?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)
  1. loveofnight profile image77
    loveofnightposted 10 years ago

Why did you choose your particular screen name ?

My screen name speaks for itself because I do a lot of my work at night, what about yours ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8010910_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

duffsmom.  My best dog every, my best friend was my chocolate lab Duffy.  He lived to be 13 years old and is gone but not forgotten. So years ago when I needed an online name, I just choose duffsmom.  Now I have Tully but I don't want to change my user name at this point.  I've been duffsmom for years.

loveofnightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I really like that sentiment and would not change a thing.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

JThomp42. J, for my first name, Jeff. Thomp, for my last name, Thompson. 42, for my age at the time I joined Hubpages.

It really does sound as if we choose names that hit close to home for us.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It certainly does.

4. Pennypines profile image60
    Pennypinesposted 10 years ago

I wanted something environmentally friendly, and after receiving two awards by my garden club, I decided to use them as my screen name.  Pennies for Pines is a donation to the U.S. Forestry Service for reforestation of areas devasted by fire and other catastrophic events.  Every $100.00 plants 100 new trees in the award recipient's name.  200 new trees have now been planted in my name.

a worthy name for a worthy cause

5. Jeannieinabottle profile image90
    Jeannieinabottleposted 10 years ago

My screen name is easy to figure out. My first name is Jeannie.  Since it sounds like "genie," I am "Jeannie in a bottle."  I did not like my name when I was a kid because people would ask me to grant them 3 wishes and stupid things like that.  I've learned to embrace it now.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

"Fat Freddy's Cat" is a character in my favorite comic book series, "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" by Gilbert Shelton.
    I've been using it as an online alias on forums and bulletin boards for years 'n' years so when I joined here I saw no reason why I shouldn't continue the tradition.

7. Souther29 profile image82
    Souther29posted 10 years ago

Souther was a character from a favourite Manga series called Fist of The North Star and was one of the few characters that Kenshiro (the main character) couldn't beat for a long time.

Partly because I'm a big kung fu fan and the character also intrigued me a lot, his story and his visual look is pretty awesome and very different from a lot of the other characters.

Psychologically who knows... like to be unique...nobody else had this name... also I find the name gives me a bit of personal strength sometimes.

8. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 10 years ago

All the cool ones were taken already-------------------------!

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image67
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jim you have a great sense of humor.

9. Lisa Luv profile image76
    Lisa Luvposted 10 years ago

Because I am a lovinf person and it has a ring to it.  Lisa Luv

10. ytsenoh profile image60
    ytsenohposted 10 years ago

Mine is a trait I value in everyone and expect from myself.  Because I like to make people think, I chose a word representing that trait and just spelled it backwards.

i really like that

2. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image67
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Clever. Being ytsenoh with yourself is the greatest value an individual can possess. It is the gem of all gems.

11. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 10 years ago

I chose my screen name because no one else has it, and my screen name represent "newness" doing new things and learning new things to stay diligent. Also my screen name "Brinafr3sh" is my brand-name online.

12. Express10 profile image85
    Express10posted 10 years ago

No kidding, after about ten minutes of trying I found that several of the screen names I tried were already taken. I finally just settled on something off the top of my head and the results are...lackluster. Hubpages, I'd like a do-over smile

13. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 10 years ago

When I started this site. I figured the best way to go was the personal name recognition. I was thinking about coming up with a pen name. As I have had some experience with stalkers. So, maybe in the future..as I grow with my writing. I will be inspired to come up with a pen name. This would be interesting, hmmm?  I have so many pen names to choose from, now it is going to be a toss up of which one to go with! :-)  I really like your pen name. cool! :-)

Shalom

I do believe in making your screen name unique to you. Just remember that until you find that unique one, you can always change your mind.

14. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image67
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 10 years ago

In my particular case the question should be slightly reworded. Over the years I have acquired many sites and many different names. On HubPages the name I go under reflects my actual name. As for the other sites I have used Guinevere since when I was a very young child my mother called me that. My toddler reply was, "I'm no Goon-A-Bear"! Other site names had a reference to being a cat lover.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)